Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,772   Posts: 190,618   Members: 6,655   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, Oliver18.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thumb drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumb drives

Recently, I had to pack someone else's laptop in my SuperEgo briefcase (my old Brain Cell, sized for a "classic" pre-unibody 15-inch MacBook Pro, hasn't been used since the old laptop died in the line of duty in March, 2013). The laptop was being used to give a presentation, including a video stored on a thumb drive.

Other than simply secreting the laptop in the Brain Cell with the thumb drive still attached, how would you store a thumb drive so it would not get lost?

NOTE: The thumb drive used is one of those extra-small kind, only about twice the size of an actual thumbnail. Not much there to hook onto for a keychain, so that's eliminated as an option.
    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Forgive my unimaginative response... but if you don't mind getting a pouch from TB sometime, you could try the nano or mico-sized coyote mesh pouches! I feel they were made for exactly this sort of situation. You could just hook it into SE then. Or slip it into the BC's mesh pocket-thingy.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 10-09-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Forgive my unimaginative response too... I would wrap it in paper and tape it to the cover of my laptop. One piece of packaging tape would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandelion View Post
        Forgive my unimaginative response too... I would wrap it in paper and tape it to the cover of my laptop. One piece of packaging tape would do it.
        You will put packing tape on your laptop?!

I think the 5th pocket on your Jeans is now supposed to be used for this?

I either stick them there if it is just one or I use one of a million tiny pouches that I have clipped in to my cases filled with little things too easy to lose any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by AVService View Post
          You will put packing tape on your laptop?!
          Yup, on the outside and wouldn't leave it on forever. It's a MacBook Pro and will come right off.

Comment

No response here is unimaginative.

I simply want to devise a neat way of hauling the little bugger (or buggers) around so they don't get lost.

Thanks for responses thus far. I do not know how well the tape-on-a-laptop would work in a Brain Cell's confined space.
            Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMan View Post
              No response here is unimaginative.

I simply want to devise a neat way of hauling the little bugger (or buggers) around so they don't get lost.

Thanks for responses thus far. I do not know how well the tape-on-a-laptop would work in a Brain Cell's confined space.

I taped a small drive to my Mac and inserted it into my Brain Cell. No problem.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	BrainCell.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	293470

Pocket pouch on the left, small cordura pouch on the right. Run a tether to the strap clips on the outside for security if you desire. My Brain Cell has pockets on the exterior too.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	drivepouches.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	582.1 KB
ID:	293471

Comment

Sounds like it would fit in an Altoids Smalls tin. Then you could throw it in any old organizer pouch.

Comment

Working...
                X