Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,814   Posts: 191,173   Members: 6,704   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, chrisdc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which type of Daylight did I just win? (eBay)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Which type of Daylight did I just win? (eBay)

    Tom Bihn Daylight Backpack Wasabi | eBay

    it was 40 shipped, err the logo on it is a bit different, what is this? lol? (going to be a gift)

    #2
    Originally posted by ToadStop View Post
    Tom Bihn Daylight Backpack Wasabi | eBay

    it was 40 shipped, err the logo on it is a bit different, what is this? lol? (going to be a gift)
    Hello @ToadStop,

    @jess actually posted about this auction in the Just for Registered Members section of the forums. Since people won't be able to read my reply there unless they have registered and logged in, I'll quote her post and my reply:
    Originally posted by jess
    Not my auction but I thought someone might like to know--

    There is one of those Wasabi Daylight Backpacks from the convention up on ebay. It has a decent buy it now price also.

    Tom Bihn Daylight Backpack Wasabi | eBay
    Originally posted by moriond
    Good catch @jess For people who are interested, these early variants of the Daylight Backpack don't have all the features of the regular DLBP (like the waist strap and the internal tiered organizing pockets). See the Tom Bihn takes over the World thread for details.

    moriond
    HTH. This was a special early hybrid of the Packing Cube BackPack that was made in Wasabi Cordura and that had the tapered shape of the Daylight Backpack that Tom made for attendees of the 2014 World Domination Summit. The organizer, Chris Guillebeau, knew Tom because he had featured him and a few others in a book that he wrote. You can look at more pictures in the linked thread I quoted, and read about the differences (like lack of was it strap and tiered pockets in the interior). It is, however, unique in being made in Wasabi Cordura.

    HTH moriond

    Comment


      #3
      Ty for the information..... grrr no internal pockets,noooooooo. maybe i should have checked it out more before bidding

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ToadStop View Post
        Ty for the information..... grrr no internal pockets,noooooooo. maybe i should have checked it out more before bidding
        I saw it and thought about bidding as well, but that tiering system is what I'm angling for. Although the patch on the exterior is mighty cool!

        Comment


          #5
          Friend of mine was at this conference -- I envy it I like the slightly different shape, looks interesting.

          Comment


            #6
            Now that I have this bag, err what is the best way to get the smell of the previous owners home (not quite smoke, maybe potpourri ?) I read in the FAQ to carefully wash it, is there any other way?

            Comment


              #7
              One of my bags came with an awful smoke smell due to an UPS driver with a heavy problem. I aired it out for one night in the garden. If that is a possibility for you that might help.

              How do you like the layout of the bag? I love the cool patch.

              Ilkyway
              “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

              By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

              Comment


                #8
                It;s a simple layout, I really needed the internal pocket for the person I was getting it for. I might use it myself for those times I don't want to use my military style one. My hands smell from just handling it, I think I;m gonna soak it in the water and rinse tonight

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ToadStop View Post
                  Now that I have this bag, err what is the best way to get the smell of the previous owners home (not quite smoke, maybe potpourri ?) I read in the FAQ to carefully wash it, is there any other way?
                  There's a product called MiraZyme that's recommended for removing odors from bags. Here's the product page URL:
                  http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/MIRAZYME.html

                  HTH moriond

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Is it also this?>
                    :

                    http://www.amazon.com/Essentials-Mir...words=MiraZyme

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by ToadStop View Post
                      Looks like that's the same product in larger quantity bottles. You can find references in old posts that forum members have used MiraZyme successfully to remove odors from bags.

                      HTH moriond

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by moriond View Post
                        Looks like that's the same product in larger quantity bottles. You can find references in old posts that forum members have used MiraZyme successfully to remove odors from bags.

                        HTH moriond
                        Ok thanks! I'm going to try the normal rinse but I have one of those bottles set to arrive Wednesday incase (i can use it on other gear)

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Update: washed in cold water, let it soak for 30 minutes and then have it drying outside. My hands still smell after touching the water it was in and the bag itself. I will let it dry over night and then wait for the MiraZyne to arrive, if it does not help, then Iwill sell the bag at a lost

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I'd put it in the washing machine if the soak doesn't work -- on gentle. I've used MiraZyme successfully on shoes too. I wouldn't lose hope just yet!


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by kkintea View Post
                              I'd put it in the washing machine if the soak doesn't work -- on gentle. I've used MiraZyme successfully on shoes too. I wouldn't lose hope just yet!


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Also is vinegar safe or too acidic?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X