Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,777   Posts: 190,678   Members: 6,662   Active Members: 270
Welcome to our newest member, lesleypelka.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the perfect bag for a first grade teacher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjr View Post
    And that there in lies my dilemma as some days I have craft stuff for preparing resources and other days it's all flat! Text books are just ones for lesson planning etc so usually just a couple of cm thick. Maybe I need both!
    No matter what two bags you are considering, you *always* need both!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
      BTW, my mind is blown by the thought of Jessica Simpson or Usher toting one around, no pun intended. I'm here if they want to destash.
      I think that the stars call destashing "charity auctions". You'd pay like $11,000 for Jessica Simpson's bag. It's so unfair, too. She probably never uses it!
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
        @moriond: The unseated favorite is the parapack side effect (vs cordura, 200d, 400d, and ballistic).
        Ahhh… For me the 400d Dyneema is the favorite for the Side Effect, but I do like the Parapack option next here. (Umm… I have two Parapack Side Effects: Steel/UV and Olive/UV.) I don't think they had as many varieties of color combinations of the SE in Parapack, and I'm certain they didn't offer Steel Parapack with a Solar lining. Do you remember the other options apart from your own Steel/Steel?

I have a Fisher Space pen in one of those pockets, and the Moleskin Volant Mini notebooks will also fit upright in the interior pockets of the SE, although I prefer to use a larger size notebook. Pocket Pouches and the two smaller Coyote Organizer pouches also fit in those pockets. Those 3"x3" Post-It notes and tea bags also fit in those pockets. My iPhone 5 will just fit, but I don't carry it in a Mophie case, and the pockets are really better designed for models through the iPhone 4, or the older Nanos or other such devices.

moriond.

Comment

What's the perfect bag for a first grade teacher?

I had to do a bit of research. I bought the steel/steel parapack SE in Feb14, and there was a discussion about new color combos for the SE in Apr14. Around this time was discussion about the steel/UV parapack SE. Darcy also said no steel/solar ballistic SE was planned. I do have the steel dyneema/solar SE, but I can't recall if there were other linings for the steel parapack. I know the synapse was offered in that combo. There was a picture posted not terribly long ago, maybe on Ravelry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by kkintea; 10-25-2014, 09:55 PM.
          Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

I'm kind of a first grade teacher in that I homeschool my first, fourth and Sixth graders. Also, on Mondays I teach two Drama through Literature for reading Fluency classes at our co-op. One is for K- 2nd graders. I carried my Swift for a few weeks, and it would still work, but I currently have relegated my Imago as my teacher bag.
            Reasons why it won, even over the Pilot and Synapse 19 or 25?
            It's the best combination of comfort (I use the absolute strap) and style in the most compact package.
            I weekly bring several clear plastic folders, scripts, children's literature in the form of either short chapter books or picture books, an A-4 sized spiral bound planner/agenda, pencils and pens, readers theater lessons for my classes as well as knitting in a MYSS and my iPad mini in a slim case. There is room to fit my SE, and I could also fit my lunch (divided Rubbermaid), and a light jacket or sweater.
            It sometimes surprises me that I can fit in so many items. I know this isn't where you were going with this inquiry, but I thought I would share just in case you happened to decide to consider one.
            Last edited by dorayme; 10-25-2014, 10:25 PM.
            I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

@dorayme, I love hearing your thoughts about using the Imago, but it seems cruel to mention a bag that was retired a year ago, and that many people are still trying to find, as in the active Bring back the Imago! thread. However, while you are posting, I wanted to get your opinion on a recommendation that if @djjr will be using the Swift to organize craft projects, the Clear Quarter Packing Cubes you described using as project bags in your It's been over a week, my thoughts on my Co-Pilot, FJN, Cork Kindle Pouch and CQPCs thread might be good choices for organizers. I know that @Mausermama has posted some pictures over at Ravelry that show these inside the Swift, but I can't remember if there are good images showing the relative size of this in the TB forums.

Also, on the matter of strap preferences for the Imago, I think the preference for Absolute Strap vs. Q-AM Strap depends on the way you prefer to access the Imago. I've use both straps, but decided to switch the Absolute Strap that came with my Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago over to the Q-AM Strap, as described in yesterday's post in a discussion about straps for the ID bag and Pilot (another digression, but I'd like your opinion on it).

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
              I had to do a bit of research. I bought the steel/steel parapack SE in Feb14, and there was a discussion about new color combos for the SE in Apr14. Around this time was discussion about the steel/UV parapack SE. Darcy also said no steel/solar ballistic SE was planned. I do have the steel dyneema/solar SE, but I can't recall if there were other linings for the steel parapack. I know the synapse was offered in that combo. There was a picture posted not terribly long ago, maybe on Ravelry.
              Thanks @kkintea, that's pretty much as I remembered. And, yes, the Synapse was offered in Steel Dyneema/Solar and Steel/Parapack Solar. @icebeng has that combination in Parapack for the S19, and I can locate a picture of the Steel Dyneema/Solar Synapse (both the original ones in 200d Dyneema, and the later ones in 400d Steel Dyneema) without problems. I was more reluctant to rely on my memory for the full range of Parapack Color combinations for the Side Effect.

moriond

Comment

So much information from one simple question .... the only problem is that my order is growing every time you add more pearls of wisdom!

Comment

Working...
                X