Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,774   Posts: 190,634   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, Hudanibs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

United Airlines Carry on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United Airlines Carry on

Has anyone traveled on United Airlines with the new carryon size limits, will the Pilot fit the personal carryon limit, 17x10x9
    and actually flew with it, thanks

Since it's just slightly too tall, but not nearly as wide as the night flight (which is the exact dimensions you posted), I doubt anyone would look twice. The NFTD slightly exceeds Allegiant's personal item dimensions and I didn't have any problems, twice now. Allegiant should be more strict in fairness because they charge for a carryon -- only the personal item is free.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

You can reference this blog post on the new size limitations:

United Airlines

In short, the actual sizer dimensions are 1" larger in length and width than the limit:
      Actual sizer dimensions: 9″ x11″ x 18″
      This makes the Pilot safe to use as a personal item.

As to my experiences - I personally have taken a Synapse 25 (3” too wide and 3.4” too tall) as personal item for a United Airlines flight with no issue (my Tri-Star was my carry-on and there was no issue taking both into the cabin).

Hope this helps

Cheers!
      Last edited by tpnl; 10-29-2014, 11:38 PM.
      TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

I flew United with a Pilot and a NFTD together, both in Dyneema, and had no issues. Some people on the forums mentioned that gate agents had bag sizers out during the boarding process. I didn't have that experience. I think some of it is relative; when you see people lugging a rolling suitcase, pillow, backpack, purse, newspapers, sandwich, and coffee, then having a Pilot looks OK, and is OK in my experience for domestic flights.

Comment

My full Western Flyer fit perfectly in the UAL personal bag sizer.

Comment

You'll have no problems with the Pilot. I've flown many times on United with mine (with 15" macbook pro retina in the back pocket) and the Pilot even fit standing up under the seat in front of me. It was nice cause if you place it in the middle then you still have room on either side of the bag to place your feet.

Comment

Working...
            X