Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,775   Posts: 190,637   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, Hudanibs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well does a Side Effect fit in a Little Swift?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How well does a Side Effect fit in a Little Swift?

    I'm loving my Swift so much that it's become my EDC for work, that said, it's a bit too big for what I really need to bring with me every day. I've been toying with the idea of getting a LS and with the latest announcement it seems like I need to decide soon. One thing that will be a deal breaker for me is how well an SE fits in the Little Swift. Does anyone have a picture of the SE in an LS they wouldn't mind sharing? Also, would a small YSS fit along with an SE? Thanks in advance
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

    Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

    #2
    Originally posted by jess View Post
    I'm loving my Swift so much that it's become my EDC for work, that said, it's a bit too big for what I really need to bring with me every day. I've been toying with the idea of getting a LS and with the latest announcement it seems like I need to decide soon. One thing that will be a deal breaker for me is how well an SE fits in the Little Swift. Does anyone have a picture of the SE in an LS they wouldn't mind sharing? Also, would a small YSS fit along with an SE? Thanks in advance
    Yeap, the SE does fit nicely provided the rest of your loadout is small. You can definitely fit a stuffed small YSS, SE, and sunglasses case into the LS-- that's what I do on some days, actually. I'll post a photo in a couple of hours if no-one else has!

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks!

      What I'd ideally like to fit is this:
      Side Effect
      Small YSS
      Medium Organizer Pouch
      Small Organizer Pouch
      Mini Organizer Pouch
      QKit
      Sunglasses (not in a case)

      Right now all of these are in my Swift and the bag still feels half empty but I know the LS is much smaller.
      Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

      Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by jess View Post
        Thanks!

        What I'd ideally like to fit is this:
        Side Effect
        Small YSS
        Medium Organizer Pouch
        Small Organizer Pouch
        Mini Organizer Pouch
        QKit
        Sunglasses (not in a case)

        Right now all of these are in my Swift and the bag still feels half empty but I know the LS is much smaller.
        Where do your wallet, handphone, etc. go? Inside the YSS? Off the top of my head, I think you stuff will fit but need to test pack to confirm (hence more deets needed).
        Last edited by adalangdon; 11-18-2014, 07:49 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          The SE has my wallet, Kindle, phone etc it's ballistic so while it's full it stays true to shape/size. The YSS has a small knitting project that can be squished fairly small. The other OPs have all my other tech or small necessities and are still fairly thin and flat packed. No large bulges or anything.
          Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

          Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by jess View Post
            Thanks!

            What I'd ideally like to fit is this:
            Side Effect
            Small YSS
            Medium Organizer Pouch
            Small Organizer Pouch
            Mini Organizer Pouch
            QKit
            Sunglasses (not in a case)

            Right now all of these are in my Swift and the bag still feels half empty but I know the LS is much smaller.
            I think I have most of those items. Hold please...
            Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

            Comment


              #7
              I picked different colors:

              SE = Nordic
              Small YSS = Steel Dyneema
              Medium Pouch = UV
              Small Pouch = Wasabi
              Mini Pouch = Iberian
              Qkit = Steel Ballistic
              Sunglasses = Too lazy to fetch from car ;-)

              Everything inside, then looking down, and a space saver/bag shaper of putting medium pouch under the pocket. I didn't know what the YSS was for, so I threw in a scarf. Plenty of room left! HTH.







              EDIT: I also have a ton of stuff in the pockets, including a steel mini pouch and an extraordinary amount of receipts, small papers, and napkins. I can still fit my iPad mini, and a light cardigan on top.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by kkintea; 11-18-2014, 08:20 PM.
              Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

              Comment


                #8
                Thank you, that's perfect! Now to decide on a color...
                Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

                Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jess View Post
                  Thank you, that's perfect! Now to decide on a color...
                  I think you mean or two, right? ;-)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                    I think you mean or two, right? ;-)
                    Nononononono I'm already breaking a promise when I order one, lol!
                    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

                    Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X