Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,218   Members: 6,596   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, josha.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packing for 3 weeks in UK next November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packing for 3 weeks in UK next November

Hi

I have been luck enough to get tickets for RWC 2015 next year in UK.
    I am trying to go minimalistic and would like advice on what bags to pick.
    Tristar/Aeronaut/Synapse/

I was thinking of co pilot and Tristan

Any advice welcome

Go All Blacks

Cheers

Bill

What are you going to bring?

An all casual wardrobe, a mix of casual and business casual attire?

If you wouldn't mind giving us your usual packing list and your silhouette (are you tall, short, slim or well padded...?) that would help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by backpack View Post
      What are you going to bring?

An all casual wardrobe, a mix of casual and business casual attire?

If you wouldn't mind giving us your usual packing list and your silhouette (are you tall, short, slim or well padded...?) that would help a lot.
      Thanks
      I was thinking of causal attire with perhaps a jacket for a formal dinner and a couple of shirts.
      Aim to get away with mainly Icebreaker Merino stuff as very lightweight.

Would also be taking MacBook Air 13 and mini iPad. Would also be taking Fuji x100s.need the usual stuff with this power adapters etc.Bose quiet comfort headphones

Usual toiletries and 2 pairs of shoes ( 1 trainers)

I am 5 feet 10 inches and of average male build.

Any advice would be great.

Thx

Bill

Comment

Depending on your shoe size, you might have trouble packing them in the TriStar. I wear 11.5 US and have trouble with anything other than flip flops in the TriStar so when I need to pack shoes, I go with the Aeronaut.
        ~Adam
        ~~~~~~~~
        Bags: Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Super Ego, Buzz, Pilot, Large Cafe, {Small Cafe & Synapse - Controlled by Wife!}
        Computer Protection: Brain Cell Size 4Z & 6X, Cache Size iPad & MacBookAir, Cork Pouch for Nook (holds Sony Reader)
        Accessories: Stuffed Bat - Grey, Backpack packing cubes (aeronaut, tri-star), Various Packing Cubes, Passport Pouch, Absolute Straps, QAM, Various Other Pouches, Freudian Slip, Side Effect, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

I have an Aeronaut, but no Tristar, but I hope I can help with a few questions and observations.

--- Do you like many compartments and built in organization? Tristar is the bag then.
          BUT! the Aeronaut is flexible and you can live out of it for 3 weeks, like a trunk. Also, you can make your own organization. I don't travel with a computer, though, and the Tristar has a place for one, so that might be your best bet.

The Aeronaut is like an open-concept floor plan. The Tristar is more like a Pullman car/ ship cabin. Which sounds more appealing? I've traveled just recently with an Aeronaut/Copilot combo and it worked really well. I am dinky and didn't pack shoes, though.

Comment

Originally posted by adamki View Post
            Depending on your shoe size, you might have trouble packing them in the TriStar. I wear 11.5 US and have trouble with anything other than flip flops in the TriStar so when I need to pack shoes, I go with the Aeronaut.
            Thx
            I'll probably go with Aeronaut 30 and a co-pilot and perhaps a DLBP

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X