Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,775   Posts: 190,635   Members: 6,657   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, Hudanibs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPad Air 2 Cache

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad Air 2 Cache

This is probably a dumb question with an obvious answer, just wan to make sure. I just got an iPad Air 2. My S25 is already equipped with 15" MacBook Pro cache with rails. Will my iPad Air 2 connect to the other side of my S25 (above the internal pouch section in the main compartment) with a vertical iPad Air cache and gatekeeper rail clips, correct?

Also, will the iPad fit in the cache with an Apple smart cover? Thanks!!!
    Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

@Jeff A, I think your iPad Air cache with rails should fit fine to the rail loop on the opposite side of your S25, but my iPad caches predate the introduction of the rails versions, so perhaps someone else can confirm this. Remember to order a pair of the Gatekeeper Rail Clips from Parts, as you've noted.

As for the fit of your iPad Air 2 with smart cover, here's @Beau's post from the Pre-order: Cache for the iPad Air thread:

Originally posted by tangfj View Post
    if i have an ipad air with a smart case on it, which cache would be best? the ipad air cache or regular ipad cache?
    Originally posted by Beau View Post
    The iPad Air Cache will work just fine. It'll be snug, but not too snug.
    You can read responses from other forum members in that same thread.

HTH

moriond

Comment

@moriond As always, thanks for the detailed reply

Comment

IPad Air 2 with Smart Cover

I just got the iPad Air cache for my new iPad air 2. I got the horizontal one. It is just too snug to get the iPad in with the Smart Cover. I am going to return it and possibly try the vertical version. Does anyone else have any comments about this? I think if the horizontal cache were just a few millimeters -- like an eighth of an inch or maybe 3/16" wider it would work. Any feedback would be appreciated. Happy Holidays everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by csutter View Post
          I just got the iPad Air cache for my new iPad air 2. I got the horizontal one. It is just too snug to get the iPad in with the Smart Cover. I am going to return it and possibly try the vertical version. Does anyone else have any comments about this? I think if the horizontal cache were just a few millimeters -- like an eighth of an inch or maybe 3/16" wider it would work. Any feedback would be appreciated. Happy Holidays everyone.
          Just checked the vertical cache that my iPad Air 2 is living in. The label inside just says IPAD. I'm happy with the fit, it's easy enough to remove the iPad (sometimes I have to hold the cache, sometimes I don't depending the angle I'm removing it at) but I don't feel it's slopping around in a lot of empty space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by csutter View Post
            My iPad Air 2 with Apple Smart Cover fit very snug in my vertical cache. Any other case would be too much.

With that being said, I received an amazing integrated keyboard case for Christmas so not sure I'll be using the Vertical Cache a whole lot. I'll have to see what happens. The case is a Logitech Type+ for those interested in checking it out. Definitely the best keyboard case I've ever used/seen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post
              Just checked the vertical cache that my iPad Air 2 is living in. The label inside just says IPAD. I'm happy with the fit, it's easy enough to remove the iPad (sometimes I have to hold the cache, sometimes I don't depending the angle I'm removing it at) but I don't feel it's slopping around in a lot of empty space.
              Forgot to mention that my iPad Air 2 is in a Smart Case. I found the hinge side of the case tended to snag on the sides in a smaller Cache.

Comment

Originally posted by ceepee View Post

Forgot to mention that my iPad Air 2 is in a Smart Case. I found the hinge side of the case tended to snag on the sides in a smaller Cache.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X