Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,744   Posts: 190,301   Members: 6,604   Active Members: 256
Welcome to our newest member, IJPWilda05.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLBC accessories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLBC accessories?

Hi All,

Any recommendations for accessories for the DLBC?

I'm new to bihn bags, and I'm wondering if there are any essential accessories I should include in my initial order. I have a variety of packing cubes and such already, but I'm not sure how well they'll fit. My thinkpad lives in a neoprene case already, I imagine it will substitute well for the cache. (and the x1 carbon is a bit slim for the 6z, but might have just a bit too much footprint for the macbook air 13" size.) I'm also not (yet?) used to the idea of attaching my packing cubes to the orings, but perhaps that will grow on me.

I wish it had a basic pen slot, though I'll see if I can clip a pen over the divider in the front pocket - don't really want the full scale fruedian slip (and the foam that makes it work would be counter to the DLBC ethos), but a couple pockets in the lining would go a long way. And exterior water bottle/umbrella pocket (easily attached to the side below the shoulder strap d ring) would be nice. But I'll see how the front pockets work for that too.

Thanks!

I have a size 2 or 3 knitting tool pouch in my DLBC to hold my VGA and Ethernet adaptors. The little bit of extra reinforcement at the ends of the tool pouches is nice for the ends of the adaptors. Other than that, I just put manila folders or other file folders into the bag next to my laptop in its Cache. I keep a couple of capped pens in one of the outermost pockets. But I have a separate MCB for daily essentials/wallet, so that keeps my DLBC content minimal.

Comment

I love my DLBC and have found that having a key strap attached to each of the O rings in each pocket and then attached on the other end of the strap to a small OP or a small travel stuff sack allows me to mix up how I use the bag and makes each pocket very functional and accessible.
      DLBC, WF, S19, Pilot, DLBP, PCSB, A30, SA plus other misc goodies.
      “Not all those who wander are lost.” - Bilbo Baggins (J.R.R. Tolkien 1892-1973)

Comment

Working...
      X