Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,814   Posts: 191,171   Members: 6,704   Active Members: 261
Welcome to our newest member, chrisdc.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aeronaut 45 can be locked with padlock through zippers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tpnl
    replied
    Yes - that is correct.

FYI - see this post on how easy it is to just get through zippers - even if locked:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW8SJZBVR9s

IMHO, good security is to have your bag always in sight as carry-on and have something like a carabiner to clip the bag to a post when needing to put the bag down so no one grabs the bag.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• noodles
    replied
    Thanks tpnl, that's very helpful! So I only need one small combination lock to secure the main compartment and if I had valuables in the end compartments, I'd also need extra locks for those 2 compartments. Got it!

Leave a comment:

• tpnl
    replied
    The A45 middle and end compartments can be locked with a padlock through the zipper holes.

Please also note that the 2 end compartments are always separate from the main compartment. They also still remain separate even when you unzip the main compartment internal zippers (or snaps with the earlier version) to expand the walls into the end compartments.
    Therefore, you do not need to have 3 locks unless you are concerned that thieves will cut the 200d Dyneema internal side walls into the main compartment from the end pockets.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Aeronaut 45 can be locked with padlock through zippers?

Can someone please confirm if the Aeronaut 45 can be locked with a small padlock through the zipper holes?
    It seems the two end compartments both lead into the main compartment so I'd need to put a padlock on these zippers as well, therefore I will need 3 small combination padlocks to secure the entire bag?
Working...
X