Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,361   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fabric type is Orange 152?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fabric type is Orange 152?

I noticed a new color (to me, anyway) in the Cafe Bags lately--Orange 152. Is that a 1000D Cordura fabric? I can't find it on the color "cheat sheet"?
    A30 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, PCSB Iberian, S19 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, SE Forest/UV, SCB Orange 152/Navy , A30 End Pocket PC Steel Dyneema, TSS in various sizes: Solar, Iberian, Wasabi, Steel, and Zest. 3D COC Orange 152, COP Cayenne, Small OP Solar, COW Wasabi, LSB Wasabi, SSB Zest, PCBP Steel, TT Zest,

It is cordura, hi trailrunner.

I have not seen it in person.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

@trailrunner,

Orange 152 is a 1000d Cordura color. it was introduced at the end of last November for the Limited Edition Colors run of Small Cafe Bags. Some of the most popular of these colors (Red Blend, Azure, and Orange 152) were later ordered as fabrics for other Cafe Bags, the Field Journal Notebook (in the case of Red Blend) and Clear Organizer Wallets, Organizer Pouches, and Snake Charmers.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
        It is cordura, hi trailrunner.

I have not seen it in person.

Ilkyway
        it's a bright orange, unlike Burnt Orange. Oddly enough, I have a very old mini organizer pouch that was a sample from the first time they made up mini size pouches. The material is not Cordura, but something more of a nylon in texture -- not as smooth or high density as Parapack. It is almost exactly the same color as Orange 152. Very odd, since I received it at least 8 years ago.

moriond

Comment

Orange 152 is almost neon. I like it! I bought a 3DOC with orange 152 and it's fun.

Comment

Thanks @marytattoo, moriond, and Ilkyway. Sounds like my kind of orange (I have a bright orange Arc'teryx jacket that I love). I think I might need to get me either a SCB or MCB in that color (or at least a couple of other accessories).
            A30 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, PCSB Iberian, S19 Black Dyneema/Wasabi, SE Forest/UV, SCB Orange 152/Navy , A30 End Pocket PC Steel Dyneema, TSS in various sizes: Solar, Iberian, Wasabi, Steel, and Zest. 3D COC Orange 152, COP Cayenne, Small OP Solar, COW Wasabi, LSB Wasabi, SSB Zest, PCBP Steel, TT Zest,

Comment

Some Orange 152 goodies arrived for me this week - thought you might like to see them. I wasn't quite sure what it would look like in person (couldn't find many pics online) but I really like it - it is nice and bright!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0580 (600 x 339).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	296233

Comment

Originally posted by helen_uk View Post
                Some Orange 152 goodies arrived for me this week - thought you might like to see them. I wasn't quite sure what it would look like in person (couldn't find many pics online) but I really like it - it is nice and bright!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11311[/ATTACH]
                I am thinking about a SCB in it. I like it MUCH better than BO.

Comment

Originally posted by helen_uk View Post
                  Absolutely gorgeous. Looks like true neon orange/traffic-cone orange, something I really like. What a happy color!

Comment

@helen_uk Wow! Thanks so much for sharing. Just ordered a SCB and a 3DCOC in Orange 152 yesterday. I like your little OP as well!

Comment

There's a photo on the Tom Bihn Twitter feed showing a nice packing setup with two orange bags. At first I thought they were Orange 152 but they must be Burnt Orange with very bright flash, as the bags are ballistic exterior. Gives me a nice idea what Orange 152 would look like in those styles, though.

Comment

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
                        Absolutely gorgeous. Looks like true neon orange/traffic-cone orange, something I really like. What a happy color!
                        YES! Traffic cone orange is a great way of describing it!

Comment

I have the 3D COC in the orange 152 which was my trial on it. So fun!

Comment

Working...
                          X