Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential TB Conversion in Progress...

Ya'll know how much I love Tom Bihn. The products make me happy, keep me organized, and scream quality. Although they are priced rather steeply for my limited income, they are well-worth their price tag, especially when I look at what other "mature" women spend on their leather handbag fashion statements these days. Heck, when I think of some of those bags, Tom Bihn is a steal! I have purchased a few Tom Bihn items for my husband over the years, but he's always kind of stood aloof. The one thing he always seemed to use and appreciate was his Wasabi Travel Tray...until recently!

On Wednesday he called me from the office to let me know he had to hop the company jet on a last minute business trip to North Carolina. He had about one hour to come home, pack, and head back to the air port for the journey. I pulled out his Steel Dyneema Tri Star (he'd used it only once in the two plus years he's owned it) and started getting him packed.

While he was only going to be gone three nights, he needed a broad enough supply of clothing plus his business gear that the Tri Star just didn't quite cover it. No worries, I pulled out an older style Ristretto I gave him probably about three years ago that he's almost never carried and slipped in his iPad, headphones, and notebook. It was just enough. Off he went, the Tri Star on his shoulder, and the Ristretto cross body.

It must have worked well for him, for this morning I saw him slipping all of his stuff out of his old briefcase and heading out the door with that sexy Ristretto across his chest! Time will tell!

We've had somewhat of a reversal in travel roles in our family. My hubby used to travel about 60% of the time, with his most frequent destination being India. All of the travel wore him out severely, and he searched for and found a job that has almost no travel, and the little that there is is regional. This has made his life much more peaceful. All of the medications he needed to take (anti malarials, etc.) also took a toll on him. These days, I'm the one more likely to travel as I head back to Kansas to check up on my Dad, work at conventions, and show the boy around various college campuses. Perhaps he saw how light and free I've become with my Western Flyer and Cafe Bag? Who knows? I'm just glad to see he's starting to enjoy the few Tom Bihn things he owns.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential TB Conversion in Progress...

Great story!
    I agree about the anti malarials, and travel in general, taking a toll. Having the right bags to carry what one needs helps a lot, but it is still taxing.

Though I admit I swallowed a small cry of envy when I read the part about your husband "hopping the company jet"...
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Great story!
    I agree about the anti malarials, and travel in general, taking a toll. Having the right bags to carry what one needs helps a lot, but it is still taxing.

Though I admit I swallowed a small cry of envy when I read the part about your husband "hopping the company jet"...
    He doesn't get to do it much, but when he has to travel, he definitely prefers that method. No screening, no luggage worries. I guess the company plane seats about five people. I wouldn't know what that's like either. I always fly commercial, and in my four plus decades of traveling around the sun, I've flown first class exactly once. I'm glad he's able to fly comfortably like that occasionally, though. It keeps him smiling.

Sweden
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    On Wednesday he called me from the office to let me know he had to hop the company jet on a last minute business trip to North Carolina.
    Ohh. I'm jelaous. Smilie My company would have me fly cargo if it was allowed (and cheaper). I can see why the Tri-Star was perfect for this.

I hope your husband keep using his ristretto.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."-C.S. Lewis

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Story @Mausermama!

I usually use my TriStar (TS) and Synapse 25 (S25) for 3-4 day trips (need to carry 2 laptops + gearx2) - great flexibility. I also just got a new style ballistic Ristretto and I really like it and use it as my EDC with work laptop - very professional and light!

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!