Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: FS for PCSB?

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FS for PCSB?

Greetings,
    I've ordered the new FS for the Cafe Bag in all three sizes. Wasn't sure which two will fit in the bags I intend to use them in. While I was measuring, it occurred to me that I have two additional uses for FSs.

Music/Gig Bag
    I use a LLBean Boat & Tote for my music, tablet, tuner, music stand, shakers, train whistles, kazoo, reading glasses, snacks, etc. It gets disorganized no matter how I pack it. I've put a few things into a small TB cube, but most things get all jumbled at the bottom of the bag. Since I'm not certain what size FS will work best, I added the FS for S25 and BrainBag to my order.

Packing Cube Shoulder Bag
    When I absolutely have to carry something bigger than a Side Effect, the PCSB comes to the rescue. However, it lacks organization and could use a bit more structure. A FS would be perfect, but the smallest FS is a teeny bit too big. If necessary, I will make one, but it will be significantly inferior to the excellent Tom Bihn versions.

Now I can relax and enjoy the anticipation of awaiting my order. elisa

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AlaskaGirl I just checked the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. The small sized fits quite good in there (thanks for the idea!) but ONLY sideways. And it adds quite structure to the bag. But how usefull a sideways FS is, needs to be tested in real live.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Ilkyway!
    I look forward to testing it. Anticipating my order arriving next week.

Just found out a retired rigger friend from the military just got his personal sewing machine repaired. He owes me a favor, so maybe he might help in the event a sideways FS is disagreeable.

Thanks again! elisa

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took a quick picture...

FS for PCSB?-img_3860-jpg

I thought I had uploaded it already, but looks like I had not...

Ilkyway

PS: I will be interested in your findings if your time allows :-)
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The smallest FS is almost exactly the size of the iPad (not the iPad Air), or the outline of the field Journal notebook. (But I can stick a regular iPad with Smart Cover into that stretchy mesh pocket in the back)

The bottom zippered pocket in front is exactly the size of the size #2 Knitting Tool Pouch, so all items you store there can go into that pocket. Sorry I can't get my pictures up.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ilkyway and Moriond,
    Thank you both for sharing your photos. I'd be happy to research this and share my findings. It has the potential to make my PCSBags even more useful. Soon as the FSs arrive, I'll begin testing. elisa

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FS for PCSB? If TB makes FS intended specifically for the PCSB, I will buy one. My wish, however, is for pockets inside the PCSB like the SE.