1-800-729-9607 | emailus@tombihn.com

Shop Tom Bihn
TOM BIHN Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. TOM BIHN has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

User Tag List

Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1505
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swifts now getting some of the 525 Nebulous and Aubergine...
    Steel/Island A45,WF,Pilot; Steel/Solar CP; Blk/Solar TS; Blk/Canyon S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting...the Truck hit it's preorder limit, but it will be back

The page now says: "We're making this bag as a stock design in our Seattle factory and expect it to be available for order within the next 2 - 12 weeks."
    Last edited by G42; 09-11-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    Steel/Island A45,WF,Pilot; Steel/Solar CP; Blk/Solar TS; Blk/Canyon S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last three "orders" woth Tom Bihn:

1. Waited for truck and small shop bag pre-order. Went to place order before posted close, and it was closed. Couldn't order. Bought what I needed elsewhere because I was waiting for a tote bag release since last March. Done waiting.

2. Wanted to get a packing cube for a gift for my husband's Tri-Star. Ordered it with some accessories. Got an email a couple hours later that oops, it was sold out. Bought packing cubes elsewhere for his trip.

3. My list has been a Nebulous Cloud Synapse 25, small travel tray, stuff sack and packing cube. Spent yesterday trying to decide if I should get the accessories I wanted because I couldn't buy the colors I wanted. I think the preorder and restock of the Synapses caused the assessories to sell out. Now the color Synapse I wanted is sold out, and my trip (a trip with students that involves chaperoning high school students, so I need to carry stuff) is in less than 12 weeks. It doesn't make sense to buy assessories for a bag I don't have.

Unfortunately, looks like I'll be getting what I need somewhere else. Again. It's so frustrating for wait for weeks to be able to purchase, and the runs are so small I still don't get what I was waiting for.
    Last edited by Crinoidea; 09-12-2018 at 04:08 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And boom - the new Pop Totes are available

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post

1. Waited for truck and small shop bag pre-order. Went to place order before posted close, and it was closed. Couldn't order. Bought what I needed elsewhere because I was waiting for a tote bag release since last March. Done waiting.

2. Wanted to get a packing cube for a gift for my husband's Tri-Star. Ordered it with some accessories. Got an email a couple hours later that oops, it was sold out. Bought packing cubes elsewhere for his trip.

3. My list has been a Nebulous Cloud Synapse 25, small travel tray, stuff sack and packing cube. Spent yesterday trying to decide if I should get the accessories I wanted because I couldn't buy the colors I wanted. I think the preorder and restock of the Synapses caused the assessories to sell out. Now the color Synapse I wanted is sold out, and my trip (a trip with students that involves chaperoning high school students, so I need to carry stuff) is in less than 12 weeks. It doesn't make sense to buy assessories for a bag I don't have.

Unfortunately, looks like I'll be getting what I need somewhere else. Again. It's so frustrating for wait for weeks to be able to purchase, and the runs are so small I still don't get what I was waiting for.
    Oh no, how frustrating! I think we've all been disappointed by the impossibility of buying everything you need all at one time, in the color you want. Sounds like you had it extra this time. Sympathies.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am loving how the 525 colors are now moving on to items also made in 1050d Ballistic, like Co-Pilots and now Swifts! Really really hoping that Parental Units are on the list. I emailed Customer Service and got nothing definitive, but I live in hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TB Crew (we work here) MatthewR's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinoidea View Post

That's really frustrating and I'm sorry that's been your experience!

We make as many of the Truck as we can each run, but they still go fast each time which is cool because it means we made a great bag but also a bummer because not everyone can get one.

We were as surprised as you were about how quickly the Nebulous Synapse 25s flying off the shelves like they did. They were a huge hit, which is nice but also a bummer for the same reasons as the Truck.

It sounds like you had bad luck on that packing cube, too. Our inventory system is way better than it used to be but it will never be 100% perfect since we can still make mistakes.

Sorry again those have been your experiences and I wish we could have made it a better one. Please do feel free to email us directly if/when you place another order and I’ll personally have an extra set of eyes on it: emailus@tombihn.com but put "Attention: Matthew" in the subject.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my new Truck finally arrived here in Qatar and I took it out for its first shopping trip last night.

What a great bag, guys! It's just enough for a medium-sized grocery trip for me, it's easy to get groceries in and out of the bag, and it fits perfectly underneath my arm. I love it, especially in the nebulous grey. My bagger looked at it and chuckled he thought it was so cool. Thanks for another awesome product! I'm now contemplating getting a second one to use as a gym bag.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swifts now available to order in 525 ballistic: Aubergine, Black, Deep Blue, Nebulous Gray, and Mars Red. I love that Mars Red one. It’s been a long time since the Swift was available in a shade of red. It looks amazing.
    Last edited by pammy; 09-14-2018 at 09:39 AM.
    Looking for upper and lower modular pockets in original Nordic. Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Coyote fans, there are luggage tags available now.

And there are some Cordura colours in the COWs (say that 3x fast) that you may not see much more of again, since they are phasing out....
    Last edited by G42; 09-17-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Hey Coyote fans, there are luggage tags available now.

And there are some Cordura colours in the COWs (say that 3x fast) that you may not see much more of again, since they are phasing out....
    If you want to see pictures of what some of these COW colors look like in real life, here's a picture that shows some of the remaining 1000d colors:
    (as of now, Olive, Red Blend, Plum, Navy, Azure, French Blue, Burnt Orange, and Linen)

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I don't have a Coyote sample, except for straps and the Q-Kit shown here, lying on top of linen. The Clear Organizer Wallet backs are (in fan shape from left to right) Cocoa, Olive, Burnt Orange, Grey, Aubergine, and Azalea. Medium pouch at top left is French Blue. Top right shows Cocoa/Olive Ristretto for iPad.

HTH moriond
    (This picture was taken to help @brendabethman match up a Small Cafe Bag to some of her existing other colors, so it doesn't have all the colors).

Azure and red blend are hard to show accurately, but the best pictures I've seen for color accuracy are the recent Pantone comparisons that @gochicken took in the Pantone Color Pictures thread.

Here's Azure:
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-e1ea236305b311d122412942c8a3a5e6-jpg
    (she catches the green tones of Azure very well).

Here's Red Blend:
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-97e00abc80d22243bea94631c0a841fa-jpg

HTH

moriond

ETA: Here's another color spread from @Lara's Verde Side Effect pics. I ID'd the pouches as "I love the spread of your Clear Organizer Wallet colors -- Burnt Orange attached to the Verde Side Effect, and the fan of Hemp, Cork, Black Dyneema, Aubergine, Grey, Storm, and Navy below."

This lets you see Burnt Orange and Navy together. (The blue pouch is Storm -- lighter and greyer -- not French Blue. Many of these pouches have not been made for some years -- i.e. Hemp, Cork, and Original Black Halcyon)
    Last edited by moriond; 09-17-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhh, check out the new colours in production on the Snake Charmers (525 ballistic, 210 ballistic) Clear 3DOC, and Co-Pilots!

EDIT: and there's a Nebulous/Island on the S19 now too...and Nebulous/Cloud Brain Bag
    Last edited by G42; 09-18-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure hope we see the ALL FABRIC 3 DOC's in the new colors soon too! I use these for EVERYTHING and could use some more but I dont want to buy repeat colors.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oo! Nebulous/Cloud!?! That's really something. How about Nebulous/Dawn for DLBC? Could I say Dawn resemble Steel Parapack?
    We have yet to see DLBC in Nebulous available.

I feel very bad that I'd been bothering TB Customer Service with my questions about DLBC in Nebulous for the past weeks. I will wait, especially that the Second Pre-Order is already closed.

Speaking about the Second Pre-Order, is the Notice similar to the First Pre-order closed?
    The current notice is
    We're making this bag as a stock design in our Seattle factory and expect it to be available for order within the next 2 - 12 weeks.
    After referring to Q&A (Link), it means for The Truck, Zipped Shop Bags are joining the rest of bag "normal" availability.

====

Breaking News! Hopefully, it is.
    I saw Snake Charmer and 3D Organize Clear which color list are filled with new Ballistic color options! Viridian! Grass!
    Last edited by weirdguy; 09-19-2018 at 06:34 AM.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB, OP/S, PP Navy
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, FBPW, OP/L
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCB, SC, DOP/M, COP/M

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breaking News! I saw Snake Charmer and 3D Organize Clear which color list are filled with new Ballistic color options!
    Oooo we're so close to having new ballistics in other accessories! I'm dying for all fabric 3DOC and some OPs in the new colors.

Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 LastLast