Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1657
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy,

I keep hoping with all of these wonderful color changes in so many of the TB items, that it will make it's way to the 3DOC all fabric bags. Can we expect these in any of the new 210 colors any time soon?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    I'm imagining Countron late at night in its secret lair, hidden behind a loose wall panel in the back of the warehouse, reading these message board posts, sipping a snifter of brandy, petting its faithful sidekick (a donation crane made from a long-forgotten scrap of Solar or maybe Zest) and ruminating. "good... good. the chaos has begun. phase 2 shall begin soon."
    I recommend to your attention the book Jonathan Cleaned Up, Then He Heard A Sound by Robert Munsch. It might tell us something about @Countron. (If it does describe Countron, I hope you have plenty of blackberry jelly, @Darcy!) https://robertmunsch.com/book/jonathan-cleaned-up

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anna2222 View Post
    @Darcy,

I keep hoping with all of these wonderful color changes in so many of the TB items, that it will make it's way to the 3DOC all fabric bags. Can we expect these in any of the new 210 colors any time soon?
    Not anytime really soon: our production schedule is booked for the rest of this year. I do think you'll see the EDOC all fabric and mesh in 210 colors early next year. Note that we're keeping a close eye on our quantities of Dawn and Viridian 210d in particular because we want to be sure to have as much of both colors on hand as possible for the Luminary 10, Luminary 14, and other key bags.

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    @Darcy, @Countron

Any deets to share on the changes to the PCSB...? I had asked the (fantastic folks) in Customer Service a week or two ago and it sounded like they were going to go on the production schedule soon... now it sounds like availability out to next year... just being nosy!

(and subliminal request for 210 ballistic in PCSB....Daaawwwnnnn...Veridiaaann.....)
    Good question! We plan to make a couple of updates to the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag and that's why it won't be available until 2019. In particular, we are...

- Adding more o-rings (thanks for the nudge @moriond)

- Offering it in 210d ballistic

- Changing the shoulder strap attachment point placement (like we did with the Cadet, Side Kick, and other bags). There are a couple of prototype PCSBs with the new shoulder strap attachment point placements out in the world being used right now and all of the feedback thus far is positive. Both Kat and I used one of the prototype PCSBs and thought the new attachment point placement worked quite well. Like others, we prefer using the 1" Shoulder Strap with the PCSB and will likely make that the default recommended optional shoulder strap for the bag once it's back in-stock. Anyway, we wanted to give this change in particular a little more time to be thoroughly tested and approved, especially given the feedback we received about the change to the shoulder strap attachment point of the Side Kick (we're still of course paying attention to feedback on that one, by the way, but haven't come up with any better solution as of yet that we think would work for people who prefer the old placement and for people who prefer the new placement).

As for Dawn and Viridian: it's likely, but no promises because we're being conservative with those two colors in an effort to make as many people happy as possible.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a chance Dawn won't be retired after all? It seems like it's the most beloved of the 210 colors (or, at the very least, is better liked than Grass).
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so as a graduate of the University of Texas (hook 'em, Horns!), I should be way more keen on the burnt orange options than I am.

But with that said, is it just me, or is the 525 Burnt Orange a lot brighter and more saturated than the 1050?
    Small Cafe Bag in Deep Blue/Grass - Travel Cubelets in Black and Dawn - Pop Tote in Olive - Synapse 19 in Deep Blue/Iberian Halcyon (with Freudian Slip) - Side Kick in Aubergine/Island Halcyon - Side Kick in Verde/Ultraviolet Halcyon - Side Kick in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon - Side Effect in Nordic Halcyon/Northwest Sky Halcyon - Synapse 25 in Black Halcyon/Island Halcyon (with Freudian Slip) - Synapse 25 in Aubergine/Island Halcyon (with Freudian Slip)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in ballistic would be amazing. The PCSB is exactly the size and shape I want for a DIY camera bag, but I’m just not a fan of Halcyon for exteriors, so I end up never usung the ones I have. I’ll definitely be picking up a ballistic one as soon as they are available!
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Good question! We plan to make a couple of updates to the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag and that's why it won't be available until 2019. In particular, we are...

- Offering it in 210d ballistic

As for Dawn and Viridian: it's likely, but no promises because we're being conservative with those two colors in an effort to make as many people happy as possible.
    Ok, I want everyone to close their eyes and mentally sing 'Oh Yeah' by Yello... and if I'm dating myself with this, so be it... think the closing song in 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'
    Steel/Island A45&Pilot; Steel/Solar WF&CP; Blk/Canyon S19; Steel Halcyon/Solar S19; Navy/NWSky A30; Blk Halcyon/NWSky SA; Olive/Canyon Luminary

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    Is there a chance Dawn won't be retired after all? It seems like it's the most beloved of the 210 colors (or, at the very least, is better liked than Grass).
    I love Dawn in a way I didn't know I could love a color . . . I'd love it even more in 525 and 1050 Ballistic, too! But even just keeping it in 210 Ballistic would be amazing!

(I do prefer the new attachment points on the Side Kick and the new 1" straps to go with it.)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kieri View Post
    There's a chance.... we're currently debating this within the company.

Quote Originally Posted by chaimonkey View Post
    Okay, so as a graduate of the University of Texas (hook 'em, Horns!), I should be way more keen on the burnt orange options than I am.

But with that said, is it just me, or is the 525 Burnt Orange a lot brighter and more saturated than the 1050?
    It's not you: it's my not-particularly great Photoshopping job of the Synapses in Burnt Orange Because we haven't yet received the shipment of our 525d Burnt Orange fabric, we aren't able to make actual bags out of it to photograph (yet!)

The 525d ballistic Burnt Orange was dyed to match our 1050d ballistic nylon. In some light and to some eyes, it's possible the 525d Burnt Orange will look very slightly different than the 1050d. That's more because of the difference in the look of the weave/finish of the two fabrics more than the actual color being different.

Edited to add: @MikeV reminded me that we do have a few swatches of 525d in Burnt Orange that we can send to those who request them by sending a note to emailus@tombihn.com (the swatches are from a small square of fabric that was sent to us as the final proof for the color/fabric)
    Last edited by Darcy; 10-26-2018 at 02:16 PM.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a chance [Dawn won't be retired].... we're currently debating this within the company.
    It would be awesome if Dawn became permanent...but would that mean that another 210 would retire?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    It would be awesome if Dawn became permanent...but would that mean that another 210 would retire?
    Ah! Well, Grass is already retiring. So, the future line-up would be: Black, Coyote, Cloud, Island, and Dawn

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah! Well, Grass is already retiring. So, the future line-up would be: Black, Coyote, Cloud, Island, and Dawn
    Is Viridian retiring too?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be so awesome, if Dawn was here to stay. I love that color! And great too that there will probably a Luminary 14 with Dawn. (Paired with Nebulous Grey? Pretty please...)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Is Viridian retiring too?
    Yes, Viridian is also retiring.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Viridian is also retiring.
    Wow I totally missed that!! Thanks.

Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast