Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 106 of 132 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1966
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    First off, you'd never bother us Smilie It's just not possible.

Both the Small and Large Zip-Top Shop Bags will be back in-stock and ready to ship by or on 11/26.

As for color/fabric questions: I think we'll resurrect the Color List + News thread tomorrow and try to do a better job of keeping it up-to-date. Smilie Viridian, Grass, and Alphaviolet (this is a lot of advance warning on that one!) will ultimately retire, but it won't be anytime very soon as we have a good amount of each of those colors. On the bright (neutral?) side, you will eventually see more accessories currently offered in 210d in the Coyote 210d, which we're pretty excited about.
    Heart Eyes Big Grin Smilie

So lovely and kind words!

I was and still am in the middle of postcard writing for DeciduousConiferousMountainsNight Sky Rainbow everything nice on the planet. So writing the question on the forum, I'll be able to get the answer while checking it and everybody would benefit from the answer.

I love, love, love Dawn, Viridian and Alphaviolet, so the next Color + news thread will be checked, for sure.

Could Countron spill the beans on the next new designs? I am very exited!

To fellow forum members, think about signing up for the email/news.

I should not say this because of many favorites colors items are on the list and I hope to get them before they disappear.

But that email newsletter is great to alleviate anxiety about missing out on TB news.

I also have to say that I am extremely grateful for so many cool colors offered. Darcy and also Tom and Nick are people who like warm color a lot, those colors suits them very much and I understand that they could just ignore people who love cool color and make themselves and warm color people happy.

So many, many thank yous for Dawn, Viridian, Alphaviolet and all the purples, plums, pinks, blue-greens and blues offered over the years. Smilie

Countron spill the beans...Backpack

PS: first time I see the backpack icon Smilie

Edited to say I saw Dawn is coming back!
    Last edited by backpack; 10-30-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dimensions for the 10.5” iPad Pro and the new 11” are basically the same. Is there really a need to buy a new Cashe if I am upgrading?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EBP View Post
    The dimensions for the 10.5” iPad Pro and the new 11” are basically the same. Is there really a need to buy a new Cashe if I am upgrading?
    We think the 11" iPad Pro Cache will likely be able to squeeze into the 10A Cache (the size for the 10.5" iPad Pro), but not with a case. So, if you don't plan to put a case on the iPad, it'll probably fit in your current Cache (and yay for that! much better to make use of a current Cache than having to buy a new one!) Because most folks have a case on their iPad, we're going to make a new size just for the 11" iPad Pro that'll fit it with or without a case.

If/when you have a chance, we'd love to hear how the new 11" iPad Pro fits in your current Cache Smilie

Note for everyone else reading this: we just posted an update on the blog about new sizes of Cache that are in the works for the devices debuted by Apple today. They are:

Size 11A (11" iPad Pro)
    Size 12B (2018 12.9" iPad Pro)

You can sign up to be notified via email when those two sizes are ready to ship (our estimate is that'll be by late November).

For the new 13" MacBook Air Retina -- choose the existing Size 13D. It's a perfect fit for the new Air Retina!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dawn is perhaps my favorite TB color of all time. I use a Dawn TC as a vertical organizer in a bag from (whispers) another company, and I smile when I see it in there. Lately I've been taking it out to use as a tiny bag when I'm going to lunch from work and don't want to haul my big work bag, and it looks so cute.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have cubelets and travel cubelets in grass, viridian, and dawn and I like all of them.

I think grass is a great happy color, on its own, in small doses. I'm happy with what I have and don't think I need more.

I'll miss viridian and hope to see more of it as an exterior color before it goes away -- all fabric 3DOC, zip-top shop bag, side effect...….

But DAWN! So happy to see it's coming back. I look forward to seeing it as an exterior color for existing bags and bags yet to come. Possibly as a wall, actually. It's really an amazing color. It can be quiet and neutral but still makes me smile (in a calm/contented way, not a hop/skip/jump sort of waySmilie) every time I look at it.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Any chance of an olive Brain Bag? A light interior color also would be great to go with it. Thanks!
    Sorry to say there's no chance of an Olive Brain Bag in the foreseeable future, as we have retired our Olive 525d ballistic nylon.

Quote Originally Posted by terayon View Post
    And Nordic is retiring! Wow. Any chance of another new Halcyon 400 colour in the pipeline, or is it all black all the time (for Halcyon exteriors, I mean)?
    We'll be narrowing down the 400d Halcyon options to Black and Original once Nordic is retired, and then eventually we expect the option will just be Black. While Nordic has a devoted following (which includes me!) Black is just the most popular 400d Halcyon color.

Quote Originally Posted by tbsue View Post
    But DAWN! So happy to see it's coming back. I look forward to seeing it as an exterior color for existing bags and bags yet to come. Possibly as a wall, actually. It's really an amazing color. It can be quiet and neutral but still makes me smile (in a calm/contented way, not a hop/skip/jump sort of waySmilie) every time I look at it.
    Yay!!! Happy you're happy about Dawn. If you do decide to paint a wall Dawn, we'd love to see a photo of it!
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Ventura, CA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

We'll be narrowing down the 400d Halcyon options to Black and Original once Nordic is retired, and then eventually we expect the option will just be Black. While Nordic has a devoted following (which includes me!) Black is just the most popular 400d Halcyon color.
    While I understand that it's a business and you gotta do what you gotta do, as a happy owner of a Nordic Co-Pilot and a Nordic Side Effect, I admit that I'm bummed that there apparently isn't a market for Halcyon in anything but black. Feels contrary to the Tom Bihn reputation for beautiful colorways.

Oh well, I'll just have to console myself with 210 Coyote when it comes out.
    Co-Pilot (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi), Medium Cafe Bag (Cocoa/Olive), Medium Cafe Bag (Olive/Cloud), Ristretto 13" (Black/Steel), Side Effect (Nordic Halcyon/Wasabi)

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the 400d halcyon options being narrowed down to just one, is there a possibility that 525 ballistic might be used for the A30? I'm thinking of the weight factor which was a significant reason for me to choose the halcyon version of the A30.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realllly hoping for some new interior colors in the WF. Anything but wasabi.

Aubergine/NWS would be lovely. Or nebulous grey/Iberian. Any hope?

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a pipe dream, but before alphaviolet goes away I would love to see a preorder for the Little Swift, with a two-tone LS in alpha/Nebulous or alpha/black. Smilie

Oh, and I would love an SCB Freudian Slip in Dawn!! As well as a Cloud/Grass Luminary!! 😄😄
    Last edited by haraya; 11-03-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes! Fingers crossed for a Nordic/NWS Western Flyer before Nordic is gone forever. I waited for my A30 in that combo, and it's gorgeous!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryA View Post
    I'm bummed that there apparently isn't a market for Halcyon in anything but black.
    We don't know that, we just know that there isn't much market for dark grid Nordic halcyon. Personally, I like the blue in Nordic Halcyon, but never cared for the blue & dark gray combo. Not enough contrast between the two so it just looks awkward to me.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loma View Post
    We don't know that, we just know that there isn't much market for dark grid Nordic halcyon. Personally, I like the blue in Nordic Halcyon, but never cared for the blue & dark gray combo. Not enough contrast between the two so it just looks awkward to me.
    Same - I loved the nordic with white grid. So beautiful. The blue and grey just didn't do it for me. I do like the original halcyon though, so may still need to pick up something in that before it's gone... PCSB maybe...
    A30 - Original Halcyon/UV MB - Aubergine/NWS LCB - Original Halcyon/Wasabi! MCB - Steel dyneema/Wasabi! STT - Wasabi! SE - NORDIC/Solar TT - Sitka

TB Newbie Rainbow First factory visit - 9/21/2018

Heart’s desire: a S19 or S25 in original NORDIC.

Forum Member
    Florida, US
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sad to hear that black will eventually be the only halcyon color available. I love the halcyon material, but I wasn't a fan of the grid pattern and I'm trying to get away from black bags so the Nordic/grey grid halcyon was perfect for me. It wasn't black and the grey grid didn't stand out as much.

I actually wish there could be more color options in grey grid halcyon.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Black Halcyon, and I am happy that it's going to be The Halcyon, but I also think that more than one external Halcyon would be good.

I know many people would be very excited by a Steel 400d/ grey grid Halcyon!

Page 106 of 132 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast