Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 107 of 127 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1899
    Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed! I too hope for an A30 in 525 ballistic. I have an aeronaut 45 that I want to sell/trade for an A30 in the future... waiting on a 525 fabric choice before making the plunge.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that it's getting long in the tooth, but it would be great if there was some consideration in maybe updating the Brain Bag with some minor improvements. Such as:

1. Eliminating the front lash straps and have two side pockets instead. The front lash straps always seemed awkward to me. Two gusseted side pockets (with or without elastic), big enough for a 1L Nalgene, would be much more useable.

2. Option to add a frame sheet or have a frame sheet integrated. At 36 liters the padded waist belt is good, but a frame sheet like the one the Synapse has would make it better. Curious why a smaller 25 liter backpack would have the option of frame sheet, but a larger 36 liter backpack does not? The Brain Bag is also larger than the Guide's Pack and the Guide's Pack has an internal frame. Even the Aeronaut has option to add a frame sheet.

3. Perhaps a mesh pocket (3D with volume) or organizer in one of the two main compartments. I suppose this can be mitigated with a Freudian Slip, but the two main compartments are currently cavernous and bare. Maybe have molle or other kind of attachment points to add pouches inside.
    Last edited by rogsim; 11-06-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot what date Darcy mentioned when she said that there will be new designs and preview.

I tried to find it, but no luck, apologies about that.

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    November19th!
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lizziejean3 View Post
    November19th!
    Thank you so much lizziejean!

The bag is not just a holder of things, but is also a holder of memories, friendships, and transformational experiences.

I just read that about Life is a Verb TB Bags, I find it to be true for my own TB Bags and Accessories, as well.

They hold memories of trips, friendships, wonderful meetings, they are also great bad weather and Emotional Bug Out Bag, craft(s) holders, paperwork gatherers and carriers, garment organizers, clean laundry helpers...

When I switched EDC, I found I leaved one of my essentials out of the new one.
    Last edited by backpack; 11-07-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogsim View Post
    Not that it's getting long in the tooth, but it would be great if there was some consideration in maybe updating the Brain Bag with some minor improvements. Such as:

1. Eliminating the front lash straps and have two side pockets instead. The front lash straps always seemed awkward to me. Two gusseted side pockets (with or without elastic), big enough for a 1L Nalgene, would be much more useable.

2. Option to add a frame sheet or have a frame sheet integrated. At 36 liters the padded waist belt is good, but a frame sheet like the one the Synapse has would make it better. Curious why a smaller 25 liter backpack would have the option of frame sheet, but a larger 36 liter backpack does not? The Brain Bag is also larger than the Guide's Pack and the Guide's Pack has an internal frame. Even the Aeronaut has option to add a frame sheet.

3. Perhaps a mesh pocket (3D with volume) or organizer in one of the two main compartments. I suppose this can be mitigated with a Freudian Slip, but the two main compartments are currently cavernous and bare. Maybe have molle or other kind of attachment points to add pouches inside.
    I agree with this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some Bihn folks seem to be working this weekend - Matt just posted a bunch of new items. Hopefully that means you all can be off for a peaceful Thanksgiving.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's NWSky aether in production for the Travel Cubelets!

Aubergine/NWSky and Nebulous/NWSky

I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    There's NWSky aether in production for the Travel Cubelets!

Aubergine/NWSky and Nebulous/NWSky

wow, all sorts of TCs w/aether now in stock! The TB elves have been busy getting ready for the holidays... DLBC, DLBP, lions, and tigers, oh my!

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, someone mentioned Forest 1050 Ballistic in the other thread and I see it's an in-stock option on the dog bed. Is that a new development? Are we about to see Forest in people bags?

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see Daylight Briefcase is back in stock and finally, the new Grey (Nebulous) is available for Daylight Briefcase, for the first time.
    But I couldn't order yet! Just made my large order last month.

Maybe, down the road - there could be Nebulous Grey, lined with Coyote 210d.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know of any plans for new Yeoman Duffels in Coyote (size Large)?

Volunteer Moderator
    Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cazique View Post
    So, someone mentioned Forest 1050 Ballistic in the other thread and I see it's an in-stock option on the dog bed. Is that a new development? Are we about to see Forest in people bags?
    That was me, and I'm sorry to have gotten people's hopes up! The Forest dog beds are left over from before Forest was discontinued. It sounds like it's possible we may see Forest canvas bags sometime in the future, though. Here's Darcy's reply to me in the other thread: https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post167162
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We think the 11" iPad Pro Cache will likely be able to squeeze into the 10A Cache (the size for the 10.5" iPad Pro), but not with a case. So, if you don't plan to put a case on the iPad, it'll probably fit in your current Cache (and yay for that! much better to make use of a current Cache than having to buy a new one!) Because most folks have a case on their iPad, we're going to make a new size just for the 11" iPad Pro that'll fit it with or without a case.

If/when you have a chance, we'd love to hear how the new 11" iPad Pro fits in your current Cache

Note for everyone else reading this: we just posted an update on the blog about new sizes of Cache that are in the works for the devices debuted by Apple today. They are:

Size 11A (11" iPad Pro)
    Size 12B (2018 12.9" iPad Pro)

You can sign up to be notified via email when those two sizes are ready to ship (our estimate is that'll be by late November).

For the new 13" MacBook Air Retina -- choose the existing Size 13D. It's a perfect fit for the new Air Retina!
    The Laptop Fit Guide for Cache 11A and Cache 12B shows both with same exterior dimensions. What is the correct exterior dimensions of Cache 11A ?
    Can Cache 11A with 11" iPad Pro fit into a small cafe bag ?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by loma View Post
    We don't know that, we just know that there isn't much market for dark grid Nordic halcyon. Personally, I like the blue in Nordic Halcyon, but never cared for the blue & dark gray combo. Not enough contrast between the two so it just looks awkward to me.
    I mean. I believe you.

But I'm the exact opposite. I can't stand the look of the white grid on most halcyon offerings. I have one bag in the black/black grid (or whatever) that I love. Been hoping we'd see more dark grids since blue in general isn't a favorite of mine and I have plenty of black bags.

But the white grids actually mess with my eyesight a bit. Part of that is my eyesight and occasional double vision. But even if it didn't... Such a high contrast for a small pattern.

... Anyway! Debating Pilot colors. I like the burnt orange but can't decide to buy or wait to see which colors are next.
    Last edited by BowTrek; 12-02-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Page 107 of 127 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast