Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 108 of 146 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2179
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was the color "Zest" a thing? Obviously before I was Bihn-ified. There's a travel tray on eBay now, and its a stunning color...

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
    When was the color "Zest" a thing? Obviously before I was Bihn-ified. There's a travel tray on eBay now, and its a stunning color...
    I believe it was 2015 or 2016. Zest was always a limited edition color, only around for a short time. There were a few limited edition colors (Fjord, Sitka, Monarch and Island) and there was voting on which one would be made permanent. Island won. I hope someone will correct me if I have gotten any of this wrong.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zest was a limited edition halcyon color that originally debuted in June 2015 along with Northwest Sky and Island. Read about it in the blog. https://blog.tombihn.com/zestislandsky

And @Cristina is correct that in May 2016, there was a poll where we could vote whether Zest, Island, or Sitka would become a permanent halcyon color, and Island won that vote. https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...00d-color.html

Personally, I love Zest second only to Solar. Both of the colors are so easy to find in a bag, especially one with a dark interior. My wish is one day those two colors would return as a limited preorder.
    Last edited by pammy; 12-07-2018 at 02:05 PM.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    June 2015 marked the introduction of Zest, and as @pammy noted you can search these announcements in the blog. See the
    COLORS! Dyneema in a limited run of great colors thread that @Ilkyway started for pictures. As I mentioned before to Darcy, many of the pictures people want to see appear in debut day threads.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Zest was a limited edition halcyon color that originally debuted in June 2015 along with Northwest Sky and Island. Read about it in the blog. https://blog.tombihn.com/zestislandsky

And @Cristina is correct that in May 2016, there was a poll where we could vote whether Zest, Island, or Sitka would become a permanent halcyon color, and Island won that vote. https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...00d-color.html

Personally, I love Zest second only to Solar. Both of the colors are so easy to find in a bag, especially one with a dark interior. My wish is one day those two colors would return as a limited preorder.
    I would love to see either of those colors (or solar) available again, but I'd settle for some new, bright, and potentially limited-edition colors.

Rochester, NY, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. I have a thing for subtle exteriors, the interiors with a huge "pop" in color. Nebulous/Island 210 is my current favorite example.

Deep Blue/Zest would be amazing (That already overpriced Zest Travel Tray on eBay is calling to me)...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BowTrek, I am actually not a fan of the white grid w/ dark background colors, either. But the dark grid w/ dark blue just clash to me. I guess a medium gray would be my preference for Nordic.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. I have a thing for subtle exteriors, the interiors with a huge "pop" in color. Nebulous/Island 210 is my current favorite example.

Deep Blue/Zest would be amazing (That already overpriced Zest Travel Tray on eBay is calling to me)...
    Absolutely agree with this. And I'm excited for an incoming Nebulous/Island Side Effect that I just ordered.

The other combo that I quite like is just black or olive exterior with a northwest sky interior. It's subtle both inside and out, but then can be filled with a rainbow of colorful packing cubes and organizers. Sometimes, I do wish that I bought my Synapse 25 with a grey interior so that any organizers I carry in there would pop more. I have an iberian interior in mine, and that makes me less likely to buy iberian accessories. Would love to see zest, solar, and stika come back one day though...or maybe not because otherwise I'd end up spending more money...and I think I have one of virtually every TB organizer...well maybe except the PCSB which isn't coming back until Feb...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any plans to add a different color lining to the halcyon options for the copilot? I've been eyeing it for my next EDC (esp. original!!) , but for some reason, I just don't like the Wasabi color, and that's the only liner option for Halcyon exterior.

I'm probably the only forum member who doesn't like the Wasabi color (I admit my weirdness - - even weirder bc I love Wasabi with my sushi!), so I apologize.

I'd love to see Iberian or island liner option, or maybe a return of Nordic original exterior with a more subtle liner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I'm probably the only forum member who doesn't like the Wasabi color
    No, you're not! Stick Out Tongue
    Today is a good day for a good day!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much not. My only surviving LCB has a Wasabi interior and while I love the bag's design (BRING BACK THE LCB!!!), I've never not regretted holding out a little longer for a more suitable color.

Forum Member
    Seattle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm probably the only forum member who doesn't like the Wasabi color (I admit my weirdness - - even weirder bc I love Wasabi with my sushi!), so I apologize.
    You're not, I absolutely DESPISE Wasabi. To the point of selling one of my favorite (non-TB) bags because it had a Wasabi interior and I absolutely couldn't stand to look at it. I won't buy bags even in my most favorite exterior color (Aubergine) if they have a Wasabi interior because I dislike it so strongly.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
    Happy owner of Original copilot, Nordic Original small cafe bag, Nordic Halcyon Synapse 25, Nordic Halcyon medium cafe bag, black Halcyon Sidekick. Gave son The Maker's Bag and he LOVES it. Gave Hubby a Pilot for Christmas!

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Is the S25 being discontinued in black white grid halcyon/UV halcyon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by daisy_belle88; 12-20-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
    I also despise Wasabi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Page 108 of 146 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast