Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, please.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your feedback, everyone -- glad you guys think it's a good idea as I do too. And the credit for that good idea goes to a lot of folks including jdowney83!

We'll get to work updating the threads/migrating the posts today and tomorrow. In the meantime, you can keep posting in this thread (until the Forum tells you that you can't anymore).
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I'm a little late to the party, but yes, this is a brilliant idea!
    Eat well, travel often.

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quick question, Darcy:

I know the email notifications will be great for people who are looking for when new colors are restocked, but in my experience, you've recently sometimes been updating the website product pages when (single or few product) returns come back. (I don't know whether this is a side effect of the new inventory system you have). Therefore, some of the posts I've put up in this, and the previous Backorder Updates/Back In Stock thread have been alerts when I noticed items that came back in after being out of stock, but which did not show up in the updates on the first page of the thread.

Another thing that frequently happened in the past, is that some items that came up as new colors and products sold out really fast (like the Black Ballistic Nylon/Ultraviolet Side Effect that went in about 1 day before last Christmas, or the first run of Black Dyneema/Ultraviolet Western Flyers that went up on a Friday and were sold out by the end of the weekend, and I can think of many other similar examples). So, I hope that it's OK to alert people and discuss new available combinations in the second thread you've just set up for Discussion of New Colors, New Designs , or elsewhere, because I think there's still a need for that sort of notice.

moriond

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Quick question, Darcy:

So, I hope that it's OK to alert people and discuss new available combinations in the second thread you've just set up for Discussion of New Colors, New Designs , or elsewhere, because I think there's still a need for that sort of notice.

moriond
    Perhaps the Forum Mods could be able to post in this thread in addition to the TB Crew? This way if a particular item is not mentioned here but someone sees it, it could be added and give more people the heads up? Forum members could chat in the Discussion of New Colors, New Designs thread and post any updates they see there and if a Mod happened to see something worthy of adding to this thread they could? I don't know if that's feasible but it was a thought. A pre-coffee thought so take it for what it's worth, lol!
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question:

Is there generally a Christmastime release of new colors for the Cafe Bags? I know there were some special colors released last year for winter/Christmas.

Thanks!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know the email notifications will be great for people who are looking for when new colors are restocked, but in my experience, you've recently sometimes been updating the website product pages when (single or few product) returns come back. (I don't know whether this is a side effect of the new inventory system you have).
    It is a happy side effect of the new inventory system! If there's just one or two left of something we're now able to add it to the website for order because our site can automatically hide something/remove the it as an option if its inventory level hits zero.

Therefore, some of the posts I've put up in this, and the previous Backorder Updates/Back In Stock thread have been alerts when I noticed items that came back in after being out of stock, but which did not show up in the updates on the first page of the thread.
    Generally, we've avoided updating the first post in this thread when we've added just one or two of a particular color because we knew it'd sell out quickly and didn't want to disappoint anyone by having them click the link an hour or two later and see that the color is already gone.

But if everyone would rather be notified of those low quantity bags, we can update the posts within this thread to include them. (jess, what do you think of that?)

So, I hope that it's OK to alert people and discuss new available combinations in the second thread you've just set up for Discussion of New Colors, New Designs , or elsewhere, because I think there's still a need for that sort of notice.
    Totally!

And ladyinblack1964: I don't think we have any new Cafe Bag colors in particular planned for late November.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It is a happy side effect of the new inventory system! If there's just one or two left of something we're now able to add it to the website for order because our site can automatically hide something/remove the it as an option if its inventory level hits zero.

Generally, we've avoided updating the first post in this thread when we've added just one or two of a particular color because we knew it'd sell out quickly and didn't want to disappoint anyone by having them click the link an hour or two later and see that the color is already gone.

But if everyone would rather be notified of those low quantity bags, we can update the posts within this thread to include them. (jess, what do you think of that?)
    Thanks, Darcy. And, by the way, I noticed that the Ego seems to have sold out since yesterday.

ETA: Odd, the Ego was sold out earlier today, but now Black/Steel/Sapphire is back as an option.

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 10-13-2015 at 06:27 PM.

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Anything you guys want to do to enable more shopping is something I can get behind--no matter how many faces my hubby makes, lol! But I can understand why you wouldn't want to highlight something that only has one or two pieces and risk disappointing someone. I guess each has it's pros and cons.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Anything you guys want to do to enable more shopping is something I can get behind--no matter how many faces my hubby makes, lol! But I can understand why you wouldn't want to highlight something that only has one or two pieces and risk disappointing someone. I guess each has it's pros and cons.
    Just don't make only 2 of an Aubergine/UV or Aubergine/Steel SE, OK? *fingers crossed*

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if a new exterior color Dyneema was in the work or, if/when we will see the come back of Parapack.

New York
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Just don't make only 2 of an Aubergine/UV or Aubergine/Steel SE, OK? *fingers crossed*
    *faints* I didn't think of that. I don't WANT to think about that! It could ruin some wonderful TB friendships...

ps you can have the SE (I already have one) but I'll fight you for a Swift.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we can still post in this thread, I figured I would give a heads-up about the SEs. There are A LOT of new combos right now: Navy/Wasabi (!!), Navy/Steel, black dyneema/UV, black dyneema/wasabi... I haven't seen either of the Navy combos before in the SE (or at least they haven't been available in those colours since I joined). Gorgeous! I'd be so tempted by Navy/Wasabi if I didn't have a Navy/Solar one.

Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast