Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 110 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1949
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wondering if we will see a design refresh or retirement of the stowaway. I have had this bag in my cart a few times (when olive and canyon combination was still available) but didn't pull the trigger. I like the design, but it's 3-5L too small for me.

I've been watching the available colours run down for a while with no production updates, not even the default black options.

The only change I would want would be more capacity, just not sure how that would work in backpack mode.

If it's going to retire it will end up on my 'wish I had bought it' list, which is already long.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Earth, we share.
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcswanson View Post
    I wondering if we will see a design refresh or retirement of the stowaway. I have had this bag in my cart a few times (when olive and canyon combination was still available) but didn't pull the trigger. I like the design, but it's 3-5L too small for me.

I've been watching the available colours run down for a while with no production updates, not even the default black options.

The only change I would want would be more capacity, just not sure how that would work in backpack mode.

If it's going to retire it will end up on my 'wish I had bought it' list, which is already long.

I'm also wondering the same, as I had observed similarly many months ago that there were not any conservative colors left in stock, which I think was very weird. Because, one, it is a briefcase and another, it is - I would say, target business users or semi-business users. As one could conclude from the products' video. I didn't get any official response though, neither I email to Official TB Customer Service. It just feel weird.

I do own a Navy/Grass Stowaway. I was too, comtemplating whether to get the Olive/Canyon combo, which I really like. However, I decided to go for the more conservative Navy - as I mainly use for work.

Though there were some fine and neat features in the Stowaway, I couldn't get myself to use the bag as much as I expected myself to, my primary Work EDC.
    Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
    Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
    Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
    Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    I'm also wondering the same, as I had observed similarly many months ago that there were not any conservative colors left in stock, which I think was very weird. Because, one, it is a briefcase and another, it is - I would say, target business users or semi-business users. As one could conclude from the products' video. I didn't get any official response though, neither I email to Official TB Customer Service. It just feel weird.

I do own a Navy/Grass Stowaway. I was too, comtemplating whether to get the Olive/Canyon combo, which I really like. However, I decided to go for the more conservative Navy - as I mainly use for work.

Though there were some fine and neat features in the Stowaway, I couldn't get myself to use the bag as much as I expected myself to, my primary Work EDC.
    Well only alphaviolet and a few black halcyon are left so I we'll find out soon enough. If it does continue it would look pretty good in 525 coyote if they every bring that material color out.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about the Roard Buddy Duffel colour options, does anyone know whether it will come in either the Black Halcyon or Original Halcyon? Is this information made known in advance? Is there a reason why it wasn't offered initially?

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_engineer View Post
    I'm curious about the Roard Buddy Duffel colour options, does anyone know whether it will come in either the Black Halcyon or Original Halcyon? Is this information made known in advance? Is there a reason why it wasn't offered initially?
    I am guessing that it is to do with the strength/durability of the fabric and with consideration of the likely use of these duffels - possibly having to cope with rough ground, handling and general "throw it in the back of the car/truck etc. Like the Yeoman Duffels they do not have an inner lining and Halcyon on its own would not be strong enough.

I love my RB, it is absolutely perfect for me, being lightweight, tough, with the really useful end pockets and one under the lid inside + O rings....spot on!
    Last edited by KAB; 01-07-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Forum Member
    Washington DC
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you flown with your road buddy? I keep eyeballing it but think the aeronaut is just a better all-around bag for me.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by agland View Post
    Have you flown with your road buddy? I keep eyeballing it but think the aeronaut is just a better all-around bag for me.
    No, not flown with it. Train and road travel use which does usually involve a fair amount of carrying with Absolute Shoulder Strap, Standard Shoulder Strap or either of the two carry handles.
    There are some comments from other Forum members that have used the RB for air travel (sorry, I can't remember who they are!). Without the backpack straps the RB is lighter than the A30 and A45, 1100g as opposed to 1300 and 1395g in ballistic versions and also $100 less. Capacity wise it sits between the A30/45 but also, I find that the RB end pockets are easier to use.
    I do have an A30 but very rarely use it - opting for the RB or our original Medium Road Duffel, or SA or BB if using a backpack.
    Last edited by KAB; 01-08-2019 at 04:00 AM.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I flew to visit family for Christmas week with my Road Buddy. I used an Absolute Shoulder Strap for it. It was perfect.

Forum Member
    New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep! I have the medium. What set it apart from other duffels I've carried through airports is the ability to clip the strap to the back of the bag so it hangs like an Aeronaut. It was easier to carry in a crowd and it didn't bounce off my hip so badly when I was half-running through the airport. It fit very easily in the overhead bin (jet blue flight) too.

It's a great bag if the size works, you don't need the backpack option, and want to save some money over the aeronauts.

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by twosandalz View Post
    Yep! I have the medium. What set it apart from other duffels I've carried through airports is the ability to clip the strap to the back of the bag so it hangs like an Aeronaut. It was easier to carry in a crowd and it didn't bounce off my hip so badly when I was half-running through the airport. It fit very easily in the overhead bin (jet blue flight) too.

It's a great bag if the size works, you don't need the backpack option, and want to save some money over the aeronauts.

Ooh yes! I forgot to mention the shoulder strap clip position options.....such a useful feature....thanks for the reminder.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KAB View Post

Ooh yes! I forgot to mention the shoulder strap clip position options.....such a useful feature....thanks for the reminder.
    You really take up much less room moving around with the strap like that. I just wish that the attachment points were on the other side of the flap so you could stuff some things into the main compartment from above while on the move, that would make more sense to me. I wonder if there’s a reason why they haven’t done it that way. Or maybe they didn’t think of it.
    Last edited by b1gsky; 01-09-2019 at 12:53 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know what the recommended washing conditions are for Tom Bihn bags? I have a Synapse 25 from 4 years ago, and I've always just put in the washing machine, cold wash and never had problems. How would this differ for say the RB Duffel?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_engineer View Post
    Anyone know what the recommended washing conditions are for Tom Bihn bags? I have a Synapse 25 from 4 years ago, and I've always just put in the washing machine, cold wash and never had problems. How would this differ for say the RB Duffel?
    Unfortunately, washing your Synapse in the washing machine has voided the warranty. In the FAQ, it lists how to clean the bags. It’s helpful info to know for future purchases.

CLEANING, REPAIRS, RETURNS

How do I clean my bag?

We recommend hand-washing your TOM BIHN bag with a mild detergent — environmentally friendly dish soaps work well, but as always, with any soap, test it on a small, inconspicuous area of the bag before you use it on the entire bag. (Palmolive® and Dawn® soaps may be too harsh!) Fill your sink or bathtub with warm water, add a little soap (a little goes a long way), and let the bag soak for a half hour. If there are visible spots of dirt, gently rub the area with a washcloth, or you can apply a little soap directly to that spot and let it soak. Rinse your bag thoroughly (this is a lot easier if you've only used a little bit of soap) and lay your bag flat on top of a bath towel to dry.

Methods we DON'T recommend:
    Having your bag dry-cleaned or putting your bag in a washing machine or dryer will void the guarantee and make your bag look funny. We don't want either of those things to happen. Your TOM BIHN bag can last for years. The fabrics we use to make our bags are treated with a water-resistant coating, but over time, that coating will start to dissipate. If you live in a rainy climate like we do, we'd recommend treating your bag with Nikwax after one year of use.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information. No big deal about my warranty being voided; it's held up just great these past 4+ years, and I wear my bags to the ground. Only odd thing is there's some sort of layer peeling off on certain parts on the inside. But when I get the RB Duffel, I'll make sure not to put it in the washing machine. Suppose it's all a testament to just how durable these bags are...it's really made me hesitant to buy from anywhere else since I'm worried I won't get the same quality. Every single bag I've ever had ends up damaged a year in.

Don't know where or who to ask this: the lash straps for the RB are out of stock. Is there an ETA for them? I'm purchasing from Australia, and don't want to make 2 separate orders, therefore paying for shipping twice.
    Last edited by mr_engineer; 01-11-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a black halcyon SB19 from a friend who used it for 2 years - and I've noticed the same thing on the inside. A layer is peeling of - it looks white instead of black. I've washed it (as per the instructions) - I hope it looks better now. We'll see.

Page 110 of 130 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast