Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 113 of 147 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2193
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Maybe Countron is just teasing us & updated again... unless I'm missing something, I only see the L12 with the same message that's been there for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    It is well hidden, down deep in the description!

"If youre a tall person, you might find that the above issues happen no matter what. Do not despair: Tom has completed the design of a new Luminary 16 and it is scheduled to debut on February 12th."
    It's true! Pages for the Luminary 12 and Luminary 15* will go up sometime on Tuesday February 12th. There will be the usual one week to review product descriptions, photos, and video before the pre-order window opens on February 19th. It's possible the video for the Luminary 12 and Luminary 15 won't go up until February 13th and it'll be closer to the 19th before the photos of our crew modeling both sizes of the new Luminary are posted: things are a little behind schedule due to various events, including the snow/ice here in Seattle!

More details will be posted tomorrow in a blog post Smilie

*Yes, 15... 16 was an error on my part, and I wish I could blame Countron for that but it wouldn't be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdaughter View Post
    Ooh Luminary 16! Excited it's a little larger than predicted. Can't wait.
    I hope 15 is as exciting as 16! Sorry for that error on my part. There will be more info re: the volume measurement of the new Luminaries in tomorrow's blog post.

Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    This is really good news, since in the other thread (2019 wish list?) Darcy said the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in the new/different fabrics would be released at the same time as the Luminary. I very, very much want a PCSB in ballistic/not-halcyon for use as a camera bag!
    The new Packing Cube Shoulder Bags in 210 (and with an additional o-ring!) will be made available for order on February 19th along with the Luminaries.

And speaking of....

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-pcsb-photo-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Pollock Pines, CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, 15 is just as exciting. Will the ballistic 210 zip top shop bags be available the 19th as well?

The far west
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverdaughter View Post
    Yes, 15 is just as exciting. Will the ballistic 210 zip top shop bags be available the 19th as well?
    Whew. Yes, they will!

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    It's true! Pages for the Luminary 12 and Luminary 15* will go up sometime on Tuesday February 12th. There will be the usual one week to review product descriptions, photos, and video before the pre-order window opens on February 19th. It's possible the video for the Luminary 12 and Luminary 15 won't go up until February 13th and it'll be closer to the 19th before the photos of our crew modeling both sizes of the new Luminary are posted: things are a little behind schedule due to various events, including the snow/ice here in Seattle!

More details will be posted tomorrow in a blog post Smilie

*Yes, 15... 16 was an error on my part, and I wish I could blame Countron for that but it wouldn't be right!

I hope 15 is as exciting as 16! Sorry for that error on my part. There will be more info re: the volume measurement of the new Luminaries in tomorrow's blog post.

The new Packing Cube Shoulder Bags in 210 (and with an additional o-ring!) will be made available for order on February 19th along with the Luminaries.

And speaking of....

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-pcsb-photo-jpg
    Wow! I think I can actually hear the collective cheer for a black PCSB Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Looking forward to reading the blog post. Thank you.

The far west
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Major Snowstorm Will Hit the Seattle Region Starting Late Friday
    It's possible we'll only get 1" of snow and it's possible we will be hit with many inches snow on top of the ice that remains from the last snow event. If it turns out to be the latter, it's possible there will be power outages and the roads will be too sketchy for our crew to make it to work on Monday. That could delay the launch of the Luminary pages on the 12th. It's even more likely the possible snowstorm will impact the estimated date the pre-orders will ship -- forcing us to move that estimate from mid-April to late April. A few of our crew with the appropriate vehicles and/or driving-in-snow experience made it to work this week on Monday and Tuesday but the majority of the crew stayed home and off the roads which means we're behind on our production schedule. And we're leaving early/closing up at 1:00pm tomorrow. If we get major snowfall, the few of us who make it to the factory may need to focus our efforts on shipping orders. I'll keep everyone posted!

Anyway, because of all of that uncertainty, I've decided not to publish the Luminary Pre-Production Batch blog post on the main page of the blog because it promises that February 12th launch date. But you guys already know about that date and there's no reason we can't share the post with you!

So, here is the post (published as a page / you'll need a link to view it as it isn't on the main blog page):
    Luminary Pre-Production Batch Post
    Last edited by Darcy; 02-07-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    A Major Snowstorm Will Hit the Seattle Region Starting Late Friday
    It's possible we'll only get 1" of snow and it's possible we will be hit with many inches snow on top of the ice that still remains from the last snow event. If it turns out to be the latter, it's possible there will be power outages and the roads will be too sketchy for our crew to make it to work on Monday. That could delay the launch of the Luminary pages on the 12th. It's even more likely the possible snowstorm will impact the estimated date the pre-orders will ship -- forcing us to move that estimate from mid-April to late April. A few of our crew with the appropriate vehicles and/or driving-in-snow experience made it to work this week on Monday and Tuesday but the majority of the crew stayed home and off the roads which means we're behind on our production schedule. And we're leaving early/closing up at 1:00pm tomorrow. If we get major snowfall, the few of us who make it to the factory may need to focus our efforts on shipping orders. I'll keep everyone posted!

Anyway, because of all of that uncertainty, I've decided not to publish the Luminary Pre-Production Batch blog post on the main page of the blog because it promises that February 12th launch date. But you guys already know about that date and there's no reason we can't share the post with you!

So, here is the post (published as a page / you'll need a link to view it as it isn't on the main blog page):
    Luminary Pre-Production Batch Post
    Stay safe! Hoping you will all be ok. Embarrassment.
    Best wishes from across the pond!

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so excited! Why are bags so exciting? I don't know, but they definitely are.

Can you tell us anything about possible pre-orders for ballistic shop bags?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    I'm so excited! Why are bags so exciting? I don't know, but they definitely are.

Can you tell us anything about possible pre-orders for ballistic shop bags?
    If you check out the link to the hidden blog post, it's baked in the timeline:

Here’s the timeline for their debut:

"February 19th, pre-order will open: the Luminaries and Original Large and Zip-Top Small and Large Shop Bags in 210d ballistic colors will be available for pre-order while The Truck in 210d ballistic nylon and the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in 210d ballistic nylon will be in-stock and available for order. Note: orders for pre-order *and* in-stock bags can be placed."
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id rather yall be safe and sound. Be careful out there. Yall are in my prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope your roads are safe and everyone who needs to stay home is able to do so!

Re: blog post. Wow wow wow. Thank you so much for making a secret post for us! It's fascinating to read about the important details that go into a bag.

@Lia It isn't just you, bags are exciting!

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that was fascinating to read the meeting notes. Thank you for sharing that with us!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deep blue with Coyote interior! Yes please. I thought I might be able to resist the luminary 15, I guess not.

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So interesting to read the details of what goes into making the bags! Much appreciated.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    If you check out the link to the hidden blog post, it's baked in the timeline:

Here’s the timeline for their debut:

"February 19th, pre-order will open: the Luminaries and Original Large and Zip-Top Small and Large Shop Bags in 210d ballistic colors will be available for pre-order while The Truck in 210d ballistic nylon and the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag in 210d ballistic nylon will be in-stock and available for order. Note: orders for pre-order *and* in-stock bags can be placed."
    Wow, my eyes just skimmed right over that, missed it completely.

Shop bags are the headline for me! I need a Grass OLSB to color code my groceries -- cold stuff in blue, meat in red, veggies in green!

The Luminary looks BEAUTIFUL, though. Very tempting.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

And I mean let's not miss the matching piping (ETA on the Luminaries)! Though I usually go for dark colors anyway, I really appreciate that bit of accidental styling :-)

Page 113 of 147 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast