Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1722
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    And I mean let's not miss the matching piping (ETA on the Luminaries)! Though I usually go for dark colors anyway, I really appreciate that bit of accidental styling :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally agree, I LOVE that they have matching piping now. Definitely prefer that look. And they are offering the Luminary in Nebulous Grey/Dawn. I’m going to get one for work. Serious and understated on the outside and with my favourite color on the inside.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Nebulous/Cloud Luminary was my heart's secret desire, so thank you for that!
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!!! Love that we get an inside peek at the production. And the colors look gorgeous!!! Wow (again)!

Sorry @b1gsky - that neb/dawn is mine!
    Last edited by Traveltech; 02-07-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although Aubergine/Coyote and Deep Blue/Coyote sounds great too. I’ve only seen Nebulous Grey in a swatch so far and it might be too silvery in a big bag (I think I prefer the greenish grey of Steel). But there’s the Dawn lining... I need to think about it. I should probably take a chance on the Nebulous Grey. Can anyone tell me how well the grey works with warmer colors when it’s a big bag?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very excited for the PCSB this month, hopefully it will be available in Black/Cloud or Aubergine/Cloud (although, I can't remember if it actually HAS an interior color) or both.

I think I'll be waiting until the Luminary 15 is actually out and available for hands-on in the shop. The original Luminary was just not for me, mostly due to size. I'm really hoping the redesigned, larger size is the "Synapse 14" I've been dreaming of.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    I'm very excited for the PCSB this month, hopefully it will be available in Black/Cloud or Aubergine/Cloud (although, I can't remember if it actually HAS an interior color) or both.

I think I'll be waiting until the Luminary 15 is actually out and available for hands-on in the shop. The original Luminary was just not for me, mostly due to size. I'm really hoping the redesigned, larger size is the "Synapse 14" I've been dreaming of.
    @Meglet,

The PCSBs are 210d Ballistic Nylon so they are the 210d colors, and just single colors because they’re still meant to work as Packing Cubes. I just lost a longer reply to @TRD about this (re:matching his DLBP) when I had to answer a text message on my phone. So, sorry, but no 525d Ballistic Nylon colors on the “outside”.

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

@b1gsky, @Traveltech

They included a picture of a Nebulous Grey/Dawn Luminary in the “unpublished” blog post that Darcy linked — I recognized the color combination.

moriond

ETA: It’s the Bag Nik’s holding
    Last edited by moriond; 02-07-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any word on how the larger Luminary will fit on "short people"?
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Can anyone tell me how well the grey works with warmer colors when it’s a big bag?
    I have both an S19 and a Truck in nebulous -- it's the ideal grey, IMO. I have a Steel DOP, and compared to that Nebulous seems somehow more neutral. I have a brown coat, and Nebulous bags look great with it. It's a crisp contrast, but not a clash at all. Sharp but classy. Elegant.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Not sure how it'll 'fit' but the dimensions look to be ~17 x 10.5 similar to the daylight backpack. AND perfect as a personal item!

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Oh, that was fascinating to read the meeting notes. Thank you for sharing that with us!
    I totally agree! It's great to look through this peephole onto the final days of the production process. Real people making real bags!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Both size Luminaries will generally fit smaller frames better than the current generation of Synapse 19s, in my opinion — it’s the way the backpack straps are designed, rather than their explicit spacing.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Not sure how it'll 'fit' but the dimensions look to be ~17 x 10.5 similar to the daylight backpack. AND perfect as a personal item!
    I’m not sure of the actual dimensions, but the back of my Smart Alec is slightly longer than the back of the larger Luminary, so any “small stature” people who use the Smart Alec — and there are lots of them — should be able to manage the larger Luminary.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    A Major Snowstorm Will Hit the Seattle Region Starting Late Friday
    It's possible we'll only get 1" of snow and it's possible we will be hit with many inches snow on top of the ice that remains from the last snow event. If it turns out to be the latter, it's possible there will be power outages and the roads will be too sketchy for our crew to make it to work on Monday. That could delay the launch of the Luminary pages on the 12th. It's even more likely the possible snowstorm will impact the estimated date the pre-orders will ship -- forcing us to move that estimate from mid-April to late April. A few of our crew with the appropriate vehicles and/or driving-in-snow experience made it to work this week on Monday and Tuesday but the majority of the crew stayed home and off the roads which means we're behind on our production schedule. And we're leaving early/closing up at 1:00pm tomorrow. If we get major snowfall, the few of us who make it to the factory may need to focus our efforts on shipping orders. I'll keep everyone posted!

Anyway, because of all of that uncertainty, I've decided not to publish the Luminary Pre-Production Batch blog post on the main page of the blog because it promises that February 12th launch date. But you guys already know about that date and there's no reason we can't share the post with you!

So, here is the post (published as a page / you'll need a link to view it as it isn't on the main blog page):
    Luminary Pre-Production Batch Post
    Nooooo... I'm flying into Seattle on Saturday evening and leaving for Boise on Tuesday. Hoped to make my first trip to TB HQ on Monday and it may be closed (darn the luck!). Maybe it's all for the best because if Mr Wilde gets a gander at any price tags on the many TB bags I now have there will be some trouble in my paradise.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_Wilde View Post
    Nooooo... I'm flying into Seattle on Saturday evening and leaving for Boise on Tuesday. Hoped to make my first trip to TB HQ on Monday and it may be closed (darn the luck!). Maybe it's all for the best because if Mr Wilde gets a gander at any price tags on the many TB bags I now have there will be some trouble in my paradise.
    Ha, ha! We’ve been thinking of a trip to Seattle too and I had the same worry. My husband has no idea how much these bags cost...

Travel safely!

Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 LastLast