Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 119 of 125 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1871
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Yay so many people will be so happy about this!! In my head I call it the Sidecar because of this thread (post 155, @karenannie)
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...e-true-11.html

I really appreciate the open top pockets in the Side Kick because they keep small stuff out of the way of the middle of the bag, leaving room for big stuff. An interior open top pocket for an A5 notebook or an A5 GW would be fantastic. As @Walker points out in the thread linked above (post 156), an interior zippered pocket and bellows pockets would be great. More than one exterior pocket would be even better. Discussion of New Colors, New Designs
    I have not purchased the new PCSB simply because I have several of the original version AND holding out for the ďSidecarĒ version.

I bellows pockets all around in the main compartment leaving the middle area free for an a5 notebook will help with balance, I think (layperson opinion, I have no experience with design). It may also need to have sewn shoulder straps like the cafe bags. I would love to keep the slant pocket on the front of the current version of the PCSB. An open pocket in the back would not hurt. I agree with @Darcy that such a PCSB version may be more of a dedicated bag rather than a packing cube.

I have been putting this on the annual wish list for years, so I am hoping it happens and in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I clipped a packed medium DOP in the back of the PCSB, and it helped create just the right amount of structure.

Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reluctant to buy the new PCSB due to the new placement of the straps, but I decided to try it anyway. I packed out my new black ballistic one yesterday and I decided itís really a non issue for me. The zipper does squish down some, but not really any more than my halcyon version with the old strap placement. I do feel like the 210 ballistic is more floppy than the halcyon though, I think maybe the ripstop threads of the halcyon help some. The 210 ballistic seems similar to a halcyon without the threads if that makes sense. So maybe I should compare a halcyon version with the new strap placement with an old halcyon version to be fair, as I canít tell if the differences are due to the strap placement or the fabric, or both.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    I was reluctant to buy the new PCSB due to the new placement of the straps, but I decided to try it anyway. I packed out my new black ballistic one yesterday and I decided itís really a non issue for me. The zipper does squish down some, but not really any more than my halcyon version with the old strap placement. I do feel like the 210 ballistic is more floppy than the halcyon though, I think maybe the ripstop threads of the halcyon help some. The 210 ballistic seems similar to a halcyon without the threads if that makes sense. So maybe I should compare a halcyon version with the new strap placement with an old halcyon version to be fair, as I canít tell if the differences are due to the strap placement or the fabric, or both.
    This may be just my observation, but Iíve noted that there are variations in the stiffness of the 210d Ballistic Nylon fabric with color, and unexpectedly the Black 210d Ballistic Nylon in the PCSB is noticeably more pliable than 210d colors like Dawn, Viridian, or Grass.

Based on Ghost Whale Pouches I tried, the more pliable non-black 210d materials appear to be 210d Cloud and Island.

I donít understand the reason for this, but this might explain the observations made by some forum members that their 210d Ballistic Shop bags tended to sag more than the Halcyon versions, since only Black was offered in 210d Ballistic in the previous pre-order. I donít recollect that this was true of the Fabric of Black 210d Shop Bags offered in the very first release, but I more frequently use 200d Halcyon versions (if I fold these up), or else I have some preference for using 400d Original Nordic Shop Bags (because I love that color combination).

I very much like the addition of the 210d Ballistic PCSBs, both for the colors and the difference in fabric pliability. Iíll admit that I was hoping they would add some additional organizational pockets inside (closer to the Side Effect /Side Kick designs) as well as the extra O-rings, and predicted that I wouldnít be alone in this. And I still alternate use of my Halcyon Side Effects to also do Packing Cube Duty ó especially the Solar SE.

Although I received the new, thicker, satiny straps, so far Iíve been using the earlier, webbing version (released for the Side Kicks, and also for the earlier, retired, Breve for iPad that was the first bag sold with a 1Ē Strap with Snaphook style connection ends).

HTH

moriond

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    This may be just my observation, but Iíve noted that there are variations in the stiffness of the 210d Ballistic Nylon fabric with color, and unexpectedly the Black 210d Ballistic Nylon in the PCSB is noticeably more pliable than 210d colors like Dawn, Viridian, or Grass.

Based on Ghost Whale Pouches I tried, the more pliable non-black 210d materials appear to be 210d Cloud and Island.

I donít understand the reason for this, but this might explain the observations made by some forum members that their 210d Ballistic Shop bags tended to sag more than the Halcyon versions, since only Black was offered in 210d Ballistic in the previous pre-order. I donít recollect that this was true of the Fabric of Black 210d Shop Bags offered in the very first release, but I more frequently use 200d Halcyon versions (if I fold these up), or else I have some preference for using 400d Original Nordic Shop Bags (because I love that color combination).

I very much like the addition of the 210d Ballistic PCSBs, both for the colors and the difference in fabric pliability. Iíll admit that I was hoping they would add some additional organizational pockets inside (closer to the Side Effect /Side Kick designs) as well as the extra O-rings, and predicted that I wouldnít be alone in this. And I still alternate use of my Halcyon Side Effects to also do Packing Cube Duty ó especially the Solar SE.

Although I received the new, thicker, satiny straps, so far Iíve been using the earlier, webbing version (released for the Side Kicks, and also for the earlier, retired, Breve for iPad that was the first bag sold with a 1Ē Strap with Snaphook style connection ends).

HTH

moriond
    I concur ó I just opened a black 210 PCSB and was really surprised by the flexibility of the material. I am also sitting at the coffee shop with an island TC, which I favor over black 525 and nebulous purely for the thinness in the fabric. As luck would have it, I also ordered GWs in black and island 210. Really loving those as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may be just my observation, but I’ve noted that there are variations in the stiffness of the 210d Ballistic Nylon fabric with color, and unexpectedly the Black 210d Ballistic Nylon in the PCSB is noticeably more pliable than 210d colors like Dawn, Viridian, or Grass.

I don’t understand the reason for this, but this might explain the observations made by some forum members that their 210d Ballistic Shop bags tended to sag more than the Halcyon versions, since only Black was offered in 210d Ballistic in the previous pre-order. I don’t recollect that this was true of the Fabric of Black 210d Shop Bags offered in the very first release, but I more frequently use 200d Halcyon versions (if I fold these up), or else I have some preference for using 400d Original Nordic Shop Bags (because I love that color combination).

I very much like the addition of the 210d Ballistic PCSBs, both for the colors and the difference in fabric pliability. I’ll admit that I was hoping they would add some additional organizational pockets inside (closer to the Side Effect /Side Kick designs) as well as the extra O-rings, and predicted that I wouldn’t be alone in this. And I still alternate use of my Halcyon Side Effects to also do Packing Cube Duty — especially the Solar SE.

Although I received the new, thicker, satiny straps, so far I’ve been using the earlier, webbing version (released for the Side Kicks, and also for the earlier, retired, Breve for iPad that was the first bag sold with a 1” Strap with Snaphook style connection ends).

HTH

moriond
    Yes, I agree that some of the 210 Ballistic seems more pliable....Black certainly and also Coyote.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We think the best way out of this pickle is to put on our design to-do list a slightly more structured bag with the proportions of the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag — maybe something like the offspring of the PCSB and the Side Kick."

Please please please

Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTH

moriond
    I the only items I have in the 210d ballistic are black and island, and they do seem similar. I actually prefer the softer bags, as all of my main bags are the 400d halcyon. From reading the forums it seems that people think ballistic=structured and halcyon=soft, so some may be surprised as new bags start to roll out in the new ballistics.

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FWIW the new strap placement of the PCSB is what kept me from adding another to my collection (it's one of my favorite bags!) I attach a waist strap to the sides and use it fanny pack style. I can't see that working with offset attachment points. It's the perfect bag for when a backpack is too big.

Looking at it again, the strap attachment points just look weird to me. I think a better solution would be the Sidekick gatekeeper attachment loops.
    Last edited by Rocks; 03-06-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HTH

moriond
    What a great observation. I did wonder why people reported their 210 Shop Bags being droopier than 200 Halcyon.

My 210 Viridian original Shop Bag is much stiffer than my 210 Island Ghost Whale. It doesn't even feel like the same weight of fabric. My Dawn TC, Grass GW and Black ZT Shop Bag feel somewhere between Island and Viridian.

For me it is this, from most to least pliable:
    Island, Black, Dawn, Grass, Viridian (I only have Cloud as a lining).

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my black PCSB today. I donít have the old version, so I canít compare, but the strap attachment doesnít bother me. I wear the strap on the right shoulder and the bag kind of hugs my body with the way it is attached. I can keep my camera insert easily accessible by tethering it to one side of the bag and I feel like my wallet is safer under that squished part of the bag which isnít as easy to open. I took some pictures and posted them here.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do folks think of the color-matched piping on the new Luminaries? Personally, I preferred the black piping. It coordinated nicely with the black zipper and straps, and made the curved seam stand out as part of the design.

Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the color-matched piping much better! It looks cleaner and I think it works better with the streamlined shape. I'm not sure I would have ordered the Luminary if it still had the black piping.

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

I love the matching piping as well. I have never liked contrast stitching on my shoes, bags, etc so I am happy :-)
    Last edited by Cristina; 03-11-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the color match, too. The simplicity is very appealing.

Page 119 of 125 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast