Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 120 of 130 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1949
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loma View Post
    What do folks think of the color-matched piping on the new Luminaries? Personally, I preferred the black piping. It coordinated nicely with the black zipper and straps, and made the curved seam stand out as part of the design.
    I have an original L12 Olive/Canyon with black piping and I really like how it coordinates and defines the curve... but I also have a new Nebulous/Island with matching piping that looks quite sleek...

So I'm absolutely no help here
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loma View Post
    What do folks think of the color-matched piping on the new Luminaries? Personally, I preferred the black piping. It coordinated nicely with the black zipper and straps, and made the curved seam stand out as part of the design.
    I like both designs, but I think that the color matched piping works better for the new Luminary. Remember that they redesigned side pockets to be bigger, and that requires a more abrupt curve at the top of the pocket. The color matched piping makes that curve look more discreet. In addition, I think the contrasting black piping of the original Luminary looks better against bright colors like Alphaviolet. With colors like Deep Blue and Aubergine, or even Nebulous Grey, I prefer the color matched piping. BTW, my original Luminary is Black/Cloud (and I preferred the stealth design that matched the piping). I did buy a second original Luminary In Alphaviolet/Dawn (with the contrasting black piping) when it seemed as though the redesigned Luminary would not get released until after Dawn was retired.

Just my thoughts, YMMV (your mileage may vary = you might have a different opinion)

HTH

moriond

New England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    I love the matching piping as well. I have never liked contrast stitching on my shoes, bags, etc so I am happy :-)
    I'm in the same boat. The matching piping makes the bag look more work-appropriate in my opinion, but in the pictures of the previous version with the black piping on the Mars Red Luminary, it does look nice.

I mention the piping in my review of the new L12. (I'm on mobile and can't get it to link correctly, but there's not a lot more I've posted, so I'm hoping my review is easy to find!)

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awurrlu View Post
    I'm in the same boat. The matching piping makes the bag look more work-appropriate in my opinion, but in the pictures of the previous version with the black piping on the Mars Red Luminary, it does look nice.

I mention the piping in my review of the new L12. (I'm on mobile and can't get it to link correctly, but there's not a lot more I've posted, so I'm hoping my review is easy to find!)
    I believe this is it. This is a link from the Tapatalk app so I would love it if anyone would let me know if it doesn't work outside of that.

Review of the Luminary 12

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    525 Burnt Orange is spreading... bunch of items available already and Travel Cubelet, Cubelet, SE, SCB, DLBP in production.... so maybe just pending the Truck and Co-Pilot...

and Ristretto is showing Nebulous/Island halcyon in production...haven't had a new Ristretto in a while
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    525 Burnt Orange is spreading... bunch of items available already and Travel Cubelet, Cubelet, SE, SCB, DLBP in production.... so maybe just pending the Truck and Co-Pilot...
    The Truck already appeared o. Burnt Orange, as did the Pop Tote. Both sold out and are being restocked. The Travel Cubelet, etc. Is new.

and Ristretto is showing Nebulous/Island halcyon in production...haven't had a new Ristretto in a while
    This is a nice color refresh

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    The Truck already appeared o. Burnt Orange, as did the Pop Tote. Both sold out and are being restocked. The Travel Cubelet, etc. Is new.

This is a nice color refresh
    I saw the PT, totally missed the Truck, thanks.

First time the Ristretto is in 525, right? That will be nice.

BTW, spellcheck wants to change Ristretto to risotto.... mmmnnnn, risotto!
    Last edited by G42; 03-11-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: typos

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here’s the listing for the Burnt Orange Truck and Pop Tote (Jan 30, 2019). The Ristretto in Nebulous Grey is new:
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewR View Post
    01/30/2019 New Bags and Colors Ready to Order
    Better Worlds Edition
    <snip>
    Pop Tote, Burnt Orange 525 Ballistic

The Truck, Burnt Orange 525 Ballistic

Synapse 25, Burnt Orange 525 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon

Synapse 19, Burnt Orange 525 Ballistic/Northwest Sky 200 Halcyon

Montana
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES!!!!!!!! The Travel Cubelet in Burnt Orange is in Production!

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-screen-shot-2019-03-13-11-01-25-am-jpg

And the Cubelet!Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-screen-shot-2019-03-13-11-05-15-am-png

Ooops...just saw @G42 already posted this.
    Last edited by lizziejean3; 03-13-2019 at 10:20 AM.
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Forum Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear. The Ristretto in new colors ... may be a problem.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coyote clear 3DOC and Cubelet in production (pics not updated yet)

The Truck in Grass is down to 4 left (baring returns)... they weren't going to make the Truck in 210 again anytime soon

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the luminarys only for pre order or will they be generally available in due course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy_belle88 View Post
    Are the luminarys only for pre order or will they be generally available in due course?

The first production run of the new Luminary 15 and the updated Luminary 12 were for pre-order and are shipping at the end of April. After that, they will be normal items in stock/in production, though we don't know what colour combinations will be the norm.
    HTH

Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first production run of the new Luminary 15 and the updated Luminary 12 were for pre-order and are shipping at the end of April. After that, they will be normal items in stock/in production, though we don't know what colour combinations will be the norm.
    HTH
    I fancied a 12 in aubergine, but didnít have the money.

Will keep an eye out in May/June

Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of greens and blues. I'm starting to think that I'm more of a green person now. I love Grass!

From top to bottom:
    Nordic SK
    Viridian PCSB
    Island original large shopbag
    Olive DLBC
    Grass small ZTSB
    Wasabi large ZTSB

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 120 of 130 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast