Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 121 of 124 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1853
  1. #1801
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look what arrived in the post today!

    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-b1fdb5c1-49fe-46c5-901e-3708df191ffe-jpeg

    The SZTSB is really lovely, although I already know that it’s probably going to be used mainly for grocery shopping, I’m just not a tote bag girl for EDC. I’m also glad I got the small and not the large, it’s a good size for me (I’m 5’3”).

    I also had a shorter strap for my PCSB included (thanks again to CS!) which is a much better length for me than the original strap. Plus two laundry packing cubes sized for my Road Buddy. They are a perfect fit, I already know that I’m going to LOVE these. Much better than the generic cubes that I had left over. I also really like the NWS aether fabric with the Steel ballistic, the color combo looks really good (especially with the Wasabi zipper pulls).

    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-2cf9a586-73c0-4345-a035-eb74aab3c1fb-jpeg

    And of course the Luminary! I transferred everything I carried to work today out of my DLBP into the L12 and my stuff fit quite well. Without having tested it out yet I can already say that I’m really going to like this as an everyday work carry, the bag makes sense for the way I pack and for what I carry. I’m glad I didn’t get the L15 though, this is definitely big enough for my essentials. The only drawback so far is that my water bottle which is a good fit in my DLBP isn’t ideal for the L12, it’s too tall and narrow. So I think I just need to get another one which will be dedicated to the L12.

    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-3592ba9b-81b5-4469-98c4-ce401a075b2a-jpeg

  2. #1802
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    13
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @b1gsky Which packing cubes did you get? I’ve got a 36 liter RB and I’m curious what would be the perfect fit.

  3. #1803
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gathiel View Post
    @b1gsky Which packing cubes did you get? I’ve got a 36 liter RB and I’m curious what would be the perfect fit.
    I got the large A45 laundry cube, which is a very good fit in the middle. I only got one, but you could stack two on top of each other (or one large + two small or four small ones), there are some pictures around. And I got a small A30 laundry cube for one of the end pockets.

  4. #1804
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Share
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,602
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gathiel View Post
    @b1gsky Which packing cubes did you get? I’ve got a 36 liter RB and I’m curious what would be the perfect fit.
    To be honest, the Eagle Creek Specter Clean/Dirty cubes are a better fit in my RB36 than the TB laundry cubes.

  5. #1805
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    To be honest, the Eagle Creek Specter Clean/Dirty cubes are a better fit in my RB36 than the TB laundry cubes.
    Which sizes do you use and where? The TB laundry cubes are pretty close when it comes to the bag dimensions. I don't think I would ever max out my travel bag capacity in a way that this would become important. I use my cubes more as a way to keep my stuff seperate and to make sure my clean items stay clean on the way, they are rarely stuffed to the brim.

  6. #1806
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Share
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,602
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Eagle Creek Specter Clean/Dirty cubes are rectangular, and the center section of the Road Buddy is rectangular. Whereas, the A45 and A30 cubes are square.

    I use both the regular EC Specter Clean/Dirty cube, which fills most of the center space longways, and also the half cubes sideways. I've had my stuff rummaged through too many times, and this way my stuff stays together, stays neat, and I know what's clean. I never pack anything stuffed. I always underpack. The end pockets get my toiletries, or shoes in Lewis N Clark shoe bags, or Side Kick, or whatever. The RB is never packed full. I always have room to spare.
    Last edited by BWeaves; 03-27-2019 at 01:01 PM.

  7. #1807
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Share
    Michigan
    Posts
    31
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Look what arrived in the post today!

    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-b1fdb5c1-49fe-46c5-901e-3708df191ffe-jpeg

    The SZTSB is really lovely, although I already know that itís probably going to be used mainly for grocery shopping, Iím just not a tote bag girl for EDC. Iím also glad I got the small and not the large, itís a good size for me (Iím 5í3Ē).

    I also had a shorter strap for my PCSB included (thanks again to CS!) which is a much better length for me than the original strap. Plus two laundry packing cubes sized for my Road Buddy. They are a perfect fit, I already know that Iím going to LOVE these. Much better than the generic cubes that I had left over. I also really like the NWS aether fabric with the Steel ballistic, the color combo looks really good (especially with the Wasabi zipper pulls).

    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-2cf9a586-73c0-4345-a035-eb74aab3c1fb-jpeg

    And of course the Luminary! I transferred everything I carried to work today out of my DLBP into the L12 and my stuff fit quite well. Without having tested it out yet I can already say that Iím really going to like this as an everyday work carry, the bag makes sense for the way I pack and for what I carry. Iím glad I didnít get the L15 though, this is definitely big enough for my essentials. The only drawback so far is that my water bottle which is a good fit in my DLBP isnít ideal for the L12, itís too tall and narrow. So I think I just need to get another one which will be dedicated to the L12.

    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-3592ba9b-81b5-4469-98c4-ce401a075b2a-jpeg
    What color is that shop bag? I don't believe I saw that color option. I have such a hard time looking at the website, because, when I see people post pics all the colors look different. So far I like my bags better in person than I thought I would. But I want a S25 and looking at the site I am not in love with any of the colors. Your colors look great, I even love them together.


    Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

  8. #1808
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    The Eagle Creek Specter Clean/Dirty cubes are rectangular, and the center section of the Road Buddy is rectangular. Whereas, the A45 and A30 cubes are square.

    I use both the regular EC Specter Clean/Dirty cube, which fills most of the center space longways, and also the half cubes sideways. I've had my stuff rummaged through too many times, and this way my stuff stays together, stays neat, and I know what's clean. I never pack anything stuffed. I always underpack. The end pockets get my toiletries, or shoes in Lewis N Clark shoe bags, or Side Kick, or whatever. The RB is never packed full. I always have room to spare.
    I didn't want to imply that you stuff your bag, I just wondered why it would be so important to have an even better fit if the cubes I tried seem to be a very good fit for the space available. But I guess everyone packs differently and what works for one person doesn't need to work for another. I was quite happy with the test packing.

  9. #1809
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild81 View Post
    What color is that shop bag? I don't believe I saw that color option. I have such a hard time looking at the website, because, when I see people post pics all the colors look different. So far I like my bags better in person than I thought I would. But I want a S25 and looking at the site I am not in love with any of the colors. Your colors look great, I even love them together.


    Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    That's Dawn. It's a lot more saturated and grey in some light, it changes between a soft lilac and a blueish purple grey tone. In general I find the stock pictures too bright and light on my screens. They're also too blue most of the time. Steel is a good example, it looks like a light blueish grey on my screens, but it rarely does IRL. In most light it's darker, less bright and has a warm greenish undercast.

  10. #1810
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Share
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    50
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh @b1gsky. I don’t like the look of Dawn on the TB website but it looks great in your pics.

  11. #1811
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Share
    Michigan
    Posts
    31
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    That's Dawn. It's a lot more saturated and grey in some light, it changes between a soft lilac and a blueish purple grey tone. In general I find the stock pictures too bright and light on my screens. They're also too blue most of the time. Steel is a good example, it looks like a light blueish grey on my screens, but it rarely does IRL. In most light it's darker, less bright and has a warm greenish undercast.
    LOL I ordered the Dawn, small ZTSB & SBPC. So I guess I am gonna like it.


    Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

  12. #1812
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild81 View Post
    LOL I ordered the Dawn, small ZTSB & SBPC. So I guess I am gonna like it.


    Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    I hope you will! I love Dawn, I think it's a great color and it works as a neutral (at least with my wardrobe). I was also tempted by the Dawn PCSB, but in the end I went with black.
    Last edited by b1gsky; 03-27-2019 at 11:31 PM.

  13. #1813
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Share
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,602
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I didn't want to imply that you stuff your bag, I just wondered why it would be so important to have an even better fit if the cubes I tried seem to be a very good fit for the space available. But I guess everyone packs differently and what works for one person doesn't need to work for another. I was quite happy with the test packing.
    I understand. The thing for me is, I don't stuff my bags or cubes, but I do use the full 2-D space when folding my clothing. So if the cube is too big for the space in the bag, it makes it awkward to to get my clothes to fit in the cube and the bag. That's why I like my cubes to fit or be smaller than the bag space rather than larger.

  14. #1814
    Forum Member b1gsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Share
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I understand. The thing for me is, I don't stuff my bags or cubes, but I do use the full 2-D space when folding my clothing. So if the cube is too big for the space in the bag, it makes it awkward to to get my clothes to fit in the cube and the bag. That's why I like my cubes to fit or be smaller than the bag space rather than larger.
    Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense.

  15. #1815
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    69
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the prettiest pic of Dawn I have ever seen.

Page 121 of 124 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •