Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1853
    Forum Member
    Yorkshire, England, UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this rumour today... can I ask that the existing Synapse design DOESNT get completely overhauled with a laptop section? Would be wasted space for me and make it less functional for hiking etc.

A laptop version as an addition may be preferable for some, but sometimes things are best left unimproved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom Bihn Newbie- HAVE: Synapse 19 (cloud grey & Island blue)
    WISHLIST: Medium cafe bag, Synapse 25, travel tray, 13 inch MacBook cache, iPad mini cache, Aeronaut 45 (grey/&UV), Spiff Kit, Side Kick

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy_belle88 View Post

A laptop version as an addition may be preferable for some, but sometimes things are best left unimproved!

Pure speculation on my part - We can hope it will be an alternate version, like the Guide's Edition for the S25 or the Shadow Guide for GP, given how many folks have come out not wanting a dedicated compartment. If TB does a pre-order of a limited edition, they can gauge how popular it is.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I highly suspect that it'd be an addition rather than a replacement.. The current Synapse has done very well, but many people have also made suggestions for things they'd like to see in that kind of backpack. I welcome new options and innovation!

On a side not, G42 mentioned the Guide's Edition, and the last time I spoke with Kat she mentioned that there would be another run later this summer or fall. I missed the last pre-order and it hurts. Definitely ready for that, as well as this new mystery bag!

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slightlysaltybagman View Post
    On a side not, G42 mentioned the Guide's Edition, and the last time I spoke with Kat she mentioned that there would be another run later this summer or fall. I missed the last pre-order and it hurts. Definitely ready for that, as well as this new mystery bag!
    I had to miss that last run also, so I am ready for another shot at an Aubergine GE S25! I have no idea yet how I’ll put it to use, but I want one!

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy_belle88 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Clamshell + Dedicated Laptop Compartment (accessible from the outside) + a tablet / folder sleeve on the inside that fits a 12.9" iPad Pro = I'm a buyer... would just have to decide on a color and Halcyon v Ballistic at that point.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But isn't that basically a Brain Bag?

Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    Clamshell + Dedicated Laptop Compartment (accessible from the outside) + a tablet / folder sleeve on the inside that fits a 12.9" iPad Pro = I'm a buyer... would just have to decide on a color and Halcyon v Ballistic at that point.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    But isn't that basically a Brain Bag?
    I haven't looked too closely at the Brain Bag because it's too large for me (and I find that compression straps get in the way the 95% of the time when you don't need them), but it doesn't look like a full-zip clamshell or have a dedicated laptop compartment? I could be missing something from the pics though.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a Brain Bag either, I was just thinking that because it has two compartments, one could be the dedicated laptop section and the other for EDC (or gym outfit or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by experimentjon View Post
    I haven't looked too closely at the Brain Bag because it's too large for me (and I find that compression straps get in the way the 95% of the time when you don't need them), but it doesn't look like a full-zip clamshell or have a dedicated laptop compartment? I could be missing something from the pics though.

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coyote Sidekick, please.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if the steel/UV A30 combo will come back? Debating if I should for the color combo I really want or settle for another one if it is now been discontinued somehow. =(

Volunteer Moderator
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monaheel View Post
    Does anyone know if the steel/UV A30 combo will come back? Debating if I should for the color combo I really want or settle for another one if it is now been discontinued somehow. =(
    Your best bet is to email customer service at emailus@tombihn.com because though they might not be able to tell you for sure about future production runs, they'll at least know that someone asked for it and I think that has got to count for something down the line.

I would also like more UV interiors generally.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither of those fabrics has been discontinued, but your best bet is to contact the fine folks at Customer Service to see what the upcoming production window might be. Usually the 'in production' means what's happening within the next 12 weeks.... so if you want something sooner than the next 3-6mo, you might want to pick a different combo.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Your best bet is to email customer service at emailus@tombihn.com because though they might not be able to tell you for sure about future production runs, they'll at least know that someone asked for it and I think that has got to count for something down the line.

I would also like more UV interiors generally.
    Just took your advice and emailed them - fingers crossed! I had the black halycyon/UV A30 in my cart yesterday as a backup, but it has already sold out - I also love UV as an interior lining and really don't want to settle if I don't have to.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Neither of those fabrics has been discontinued, but your best bet is to contact the fine folks at Customer Service to see what the upcoming production window might be. Usually the 'in production' means what's happening within the next 12 weeks.... so if you want something sooner than the next 3-6mo, you might want to pick a different combo.
    Eeks good to know. I would almost rather wait for my ideal color combo than get a bag I actually really need right now, but I will have to settle for some other color combo I suspect. It would be easier to swallow though if my 2nd/3rd choices were available haha.
    Last edited by monaheel; 05-20-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eeks good to know. I would almost rather wait for my ideal color combo than I get a bag I actually really need right now, but I will have to settle for some other color combo I suspect. It would be easier to swallow though if my 2nd/3rd choices were available haha.
    Definitely check back in with CS and on-line because folks return items too

Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 LastLast