Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 127 of 129 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1934
    Germany
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcswanson View Post
    Looks like a sling is coming out next year (hinted not so subtly on twitter) so something new to look forward to. I don't own a sling but I have been eyeing a few off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    If that's true, then please please please, make it work as a camera bag. Not for lugging lots of gear around, but for keeping a camera with lens attached which you can easily access by swiveling the bag to the front. I had a camera bag like that once and loved it, but it didn't work as a normal bag (and looked too much like gear).

Forum Member
    UK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With coyote 525 on the horizon, I've been thinking about whether a coyote/coyote daylight backpack might be nice. Guide's Edition??

Having said that I had been looking forward to aubergine DLBP being available and ended up with one in mars red instead, clearly I'm fickle!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all the frenzy of the Syniks coming to town this might be overlooked... there's some updates on the 'in production' items... Clear Quarter Packing Cubes and Mesh 3DOC in the 210 ballistics.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I miss a list or pics of new colors coming to replace those that are retiring? Would love some bright colors. Saw some old pics of some neon pink. That might be too much for a pack but would be great for organizers. Zest looks great too, and I’m not usually a yellow person. How about a bright orange rather than burnt orange?
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). SCB (Nordic)
    Accessories - Nik's #4 wallets, Q-kits, pouches, stuff sacks, travel trays.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Did I miss a list or pics of new colors coming to replace those that are retiring? Would love some bright colors. Saw some old pics of some neon pink. That might be too much for a pack but would be great for organizers. Zest looks great too, and I’m not usually a yellow person. How about a bright orange rather than burnt orange?
    No announcements of actual new colours other than TB will be rotating in one or more halcyon colours at some point.

I don't know that I would consider it a neon, but the brightest pink was probably Azalea cordura. @moriond's post here has some pics
    https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...tml#post165307
    To me the last pic of the pouch next to the grey bag is the truest for colour.

Zest dyneema/halcyon is actually a true clear orange though not oversaturated, Monarch dyneema/halcyon is more red/orange (to me, though TB considers it a true orange) and then there is actual Burnt Orange which was been a Cordura and a ballistic.

If you haven't seen these old blog posts, you can read about some of the colours and check out the pics:

https://blog.tombihn.com/zestislandsky
    https://blog.tombihn.com/sitka-monarch-fjord-halcyon

I would be happy to see all of these come back, along with Solar, for a while, though of course we do have NWSky and Island.

ETA: Solar is indeed a true bright yellow, very happy
    Last edited by G42; 08-21-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I don't know that I would consider it a neon, but the brightest pink was probably Azalea cordura. @moriond's post here has some pics
    https://forums.tombihn.com/questions...tml#post165307
    To me the last pic of the pouch next to the grey bag is the truest for colour.

Zest dyneema/halcyon is actually a true clear orange though not oversaturated, Monarch dyneema/halcyon is more red/orange (to me, though TB considers it a true orange) and then there is actual Burnt Orange which was been a Cordura and a ballistic.

If you haven't seen these old blog posts, you can read about some of the colours and check out the pics:

https://blog.tombihn.com/zestislandsky
    https://blog.tombihn.com/sitka-monarch-fjord-halcyon

I would be happy to see all of these come back, along with Solar, for a while, though of course we do have NWSky and Island.
    The azalea is the pink that I saw. It's lovely! I've been thinking zest = yellow so thanks for your post to correct my thinking. Zest is a lovely shade of orange.

Is the yellow = solar or something?
    Bags - S25 (Mars Red balistic/Northwest sky/halcyon), S19 (Deep blue balistic/Iberian/halcyon). SCB (Nordic)

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the yellow = solar or something?
    Yes - Solar was a much missed lining fabric, dyneema/halcyon, in a bright yellow shade. It was replaced, notionally, by Wasabi which is a pale green.

Edited to add - if you look at https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...html#post80068 several of the pictures show my Solar A45 Packing Cube Backpack, in packing cube mode. The Aubergine A30 has a Wasabi lining.
    Last edited by PaulT00; 08-21-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulT00 View Post
    Yes - Solar was a much missed lining fabric, dyneema/halcyon, in a bright yellow shade. It was replaced, notionally, by Wasabi which is a pale green.
    I personally would prefer solar over wasabi. Not a real fan of the latter but the solar makes a great contrast, especially as a liner.

By the seaside, England
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally would prefer solar over wasabi. Not a real fan of the latter but the solar makes a great contrast, especially as a liner.
    You are not, by any means, alone in that opinion!
    A45CC K CQPC 3DCCGES25 SK SCBQKTTMCBLSB TT TSS4 PCSBSCBTT CQPC PQBPQK LT SETT 3DCCQKS19 TT P3DCCTS PP BBLCBCP TTRi QK NFTD A30DLBC

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides an encore performance of Solar halcyon, I'd like to see a version of solar in aether, along with some more bright happy citrus colours like lime green, orange, etc.
    Basically, I want a calm family of blue/grey/green/black and a separate family of happy citrus colours so I can pick depending on my mood...

Forum Member
    Virginia USA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Besides an encore performance of Solar halcyon, I'd like to see a version of solar in aether, along with some more bright happy citrus colours like lime green, orange, etc.
    Basically, I want a calm family of blue/grey/green/black and a separate family of happy citrus colours so I can pick depending on my mood...
    @G42 — Me too!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @KathyH,

In general, the forum posts are a better place to look for pictures of color combinations, particularly (in the case of new fabric/color combinations) on the day they debut.

In the case of the limited edition Dyneema (now called Halcyon) colors, take a look a look at these threads:
    • COLORS! Dyneema in a limited run of great colors (started 06-16-2015 by @Ilkyway)
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...at-colors.html
    • Monarch, Sitka, and Fjord: Tasting Notes (started 03-29-2016 by @Badger)
    https://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vi...ing-notes.html
    The Blog posts are good for reading which product combinations were released when these fabrics debuted. You'll notice that they proceeded to make a number luggage combinations in order to test the popularity of the new fabrics in combination with existing exterior(at that time, mainly 1050d Ballistic Nylon colors). Pictures of some of these combos (e.g., Aubergine/Zest Aeronauts, etc.) were later posted in the forums by people who ordered them.

This was a way of testing the introduction of possible new Halcyon colors so that there could both be response and feedback from forum members, and yet not having to break the bank in bankrolling large quantities of completely new fabrics. They then polled forum members to select the additional color that should get added:
    • Sitka, Monarch, Fjord, Island, or Zest? It's time to vote!
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...me-vote-1.html

Note that there has always been a big effort to find colors that worked well in combinations with existing colors. Iberian, Ultraviolet and Wasabi were introduced separately, before they could manage these test batches, and often in response to separate forum requests. Solar came and went twice! I remember that I thought they did a brilliant job in devising Aubergine Ballistic Nylon, because by reddening the exterior color mix, they were able to make something that worked for all the purple lovers, was able to appeal widely (including to a number of guys), and that worked with the then existing Wasabi Halcyon as an interior.

By the way, you'll see some more Azalea (1000d Cordura) and Solar (200d Halcyon) in the pictures in the two threads that referenced above. Be aware that some of these color combinations don't translate into different materials, and that they're no longer using Cordura for bags because of feedback from people who found it a pet hair magnet, and also more abrasive in some instances when worn against certain clothing fabrics.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if the clear organizer wallet is going to be made in the new ballistic 525 or 210 colors? Itís still currently only listed as available in cordura.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Does anyone know if the clear organizer wallet is going to be made in the new ballistic 525 or 210 colors? It’s still currently only listed as available in cordura.
    Oh, that's a good question! I haven't heard one way or the other, but you could ask TB's excellent Customer Service folks--that's the kind of question they can answer better than we forumites can.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet Side Effects out now! As much as I like OH with Wasabi, I'm finding I also enjoy seeing more of a variety (with Island for the recent Side Kicks, for example).
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.