Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 132 of 145 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2169
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelkins View Post
    Was there ever, or will there ever be a Brain Bag Guide's Edition?
    Welcome to the Forums @Zelkins!

Besides the actual Guides pack which inspired the idea, there has only been a GE version for the Synapse 25. @Darcy said they're probably going to do a version for the Synik 30 sometime next year.
    Nothing has been mentioned about the BB, but you never know...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cucumber.sandwich View Post
    Fjord halcyon should make a comeback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I concur! I didn't get a chance to sample this colour in person, probably because it was around for such a short time. From a distance though (online), I really like the colour.

I haven't shopped any new Tom Bihn items in a while, partly because I haven't been out and about much and partly because Tom Bihn stuff is very durable but I am kind of dying to see the new Halcyon colours! I hope they show up soon.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not exactly a new color, but...I did notice on the TB Instagram page that there is a beautiful picture of Solar with a plate of cookies and some tantalizing hints about news in early 2020. I'm poking around on the forums to see what may have been mentioned here.

I have made those cookies with wheat flour (what we had around) and they are excellent. You're giving me ideas for tomorrow.

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooooohhh that would be niiiiiiiiiice. :fingerscrossed:

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I JUST ordered two bags yesterday after giving up on the return of solar after many and worrying about the discontinuation of steel 1050d + low inventory of steel/UV combo haha! I would do anything for A30 and A45 steel/solar combo... do we have any idea when the announcement will be made?

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In December, when TB notified me that Icons were back in stock, the email mentioned something about a January 2020 release of the Icon in a deep green and a deep blue. Does anyone have more info on this?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyM View Post
    In December, when TB notified me that Icons were back in stock, the email mentioned something about a January 2020 release of the Icon in a deep green and a deep blue. Does anyone have more info on this?
    Hi @AshleyM,

I’ll excerpt the relevant portion of one of Darcy’s posts. The color information is included in the excerpt. However, apparently the shipment sat around for seven days after its arrival in Seattle without actually being delivered, so you should add in extra time to the more optimistic time table outlined in the post — yes, the material arrived earlier than expected, but it wasn’t delivered much earlier than they originally thought at the time this post was written, and when you received your December restock notification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

Updates on the Icon

We received surprise word from our supplier this week that new colors of 525d ballistic that we ordered will arrive much sooner than expected — likely just before or after the holidays (as opposed to “sometime early next year”). That means we’ll be able to make the Icon and Monster Truck in these new colors and they should be in-stock sometime mid-January - mid-February. Our policy is not to announce new colors until we’ve actually received them and they’re at the factory, but these are close enough that we think we can share them now, especially for those of you who may want to wait to purchase an Icon or Monster Truck in the new colors in the new year.

I wish I could share photos with you of the new colors, but we don’t even have them yet! So, here’s some hopefully evocative-enough text descriptions in the meantime:

A medium blue that’s basically our 1000d Cordura French Blue.
    A brown with grey undertones; it’s a cooler tone than our 1000d Cordura Cocoa.
    A deep green that’s similar to 1000d Confier and 1050d Forest.
    And, of course, Coyote 525d, but we all knew that was coming!

While we had originally planned to transition next week’s Icon restock to pre-order, there were a variety of logistical complications with that plan, including staff vacations and timing with potential pre-orders in 2020. We’re also temporarily out of Cloud 210d (which has been delayed a couple of times already) and while we’re assured its on its way and will arrive sometime the week of the 16th, we’re not entirely comfortable taking pre-orders when we don’t actually have the fabric here at the factory.
    Hope this helps,

moriond

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi @AshleyM,

I’ll excerpt the relevant portion of one of Darcy’s posts. The color information is included in the excerpt. However, apparently the shipment sat around for seven days after its arrival in Seattle without actually being delivered, so you should add in extra time to the more optimistic time table outlined in the post — yes, the material arrived earlier than expected, but it wasn’t delivered much earlier than they originally thought at the time this post was written, and when you received your December restock notification.

Hope this helps,

moriond
    Thank you! That helps immensely!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you @moriond

I'll post another update when we have more of a firm timeline for the next batch of Icon.

I also want to add: thank you, everyone, for your graciousness when I share what I think is for-sure news and then.... things change.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darcy,
    I've been waiting for the Black Ballistic Pika to come back into stock and its been "in production" for a fair while. Today it seems to be missing from either category, has it been pushed back?

I hope not as i'm zooming through the states soon for work and have one in my minds eye Smilie

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cubism View Post
    Hi Darcy,
    I've been waiting for the Black Ballistic Pika to come back into stock and its been "in production" for a fair while. Today it seems to be missing from either category, has it been pushed back?

I hope not as i'm zooming through the states soon for work and have one in my minds eye Smilie
    @cubism: I am unable to send you a PM. I just returned this bag because it didn’t work for me. Try checking to see if they have it for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darcy,

Welcome to the Forums @cubism!

I'm not @Darcy... however regardless of when she responds, be sure to contact the fine folks in Customer Service (IM, phone, email) on Monday when they're back in the factory, to get an update and perhaps see if the one that @kkintea has returned is back.
    They will have the most up to date info and may not see your post
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darcy,

It's also been pushed back. That said, if you could send a note to emailus@tombihn.com that'd be great: it's possible we have one at the factory.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done!

Fingers crossed.

The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just published a blog post with various recent restocks and.... a preview of a photo sample of a total Coyote Guide's Edition:

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-guides-edition-preview-jpg

(I think it looks really good!)

Page 132 of 145 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast