Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 133 of 143 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2144
    Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Just published a blog post with various recent restocks and.... a preview of a photo sample of a total Coyote Guide's Edition:

Attachment 24148

(I think it looks really good!)
    Looks great! Thanks for the preview!

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see the guides in the other new colors! Actually I just can't wait to see the new colors, period. Thanks for the update, Darcy!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @AshleyM,

I’ll excerpt the relevant portion of one of Darcy’s posts. The color information is included in the excerpt. However, apparently the shipment sat around for seven days after its arrival in Seattle without actually being delivered, so you should add in extra time to the more optimistic time table outlined in the post — yes, the material arrived earlier than expected, but it wasn’t delivered much earlier than they originally thought at the time this post was written, and when you received your December restock notification.

Updates on the Icon

We received surprise word from our supplier this week that new colors of 525d ballistic that we ordered will arrive much sooner than expected — likely just before or after the holidays (as opposed to “sometime early next year”). That means we’ll be able to make the Icon and Monster Truck in these new colors and they should be in-stock sometime mid-January - mid-February. Our policy is not to announce new colors until we’ve actually received them and they’re at the factory, but these are close enough that we think we can share them now, especially for those of you who may want to wait to purchase an Icon or Monster Truck in the new colors in the new year.

I wish I could share photos with you of the new colors, but we don’t even have them yet! So, here’s some hopefully evocative-enough text descriptions in the meantime:

A medium blue that’s basically our 1000d Cordura French Blue.
    A brown with grey undertones; it’s a cooler tone than our 1000d Cordura Cocoa.
    A deep green that’s similar to 1000d Confier and 1050d Forest.
    And, of course, Coyote 525d, but we all knew that was coming!

While we had originally planned to transition next week’s Icon restock to pre-order, there were a variety of logistical complications with that plan, including staff vacations and timing with potential pre-orders in 2020. We’re also temporarily out of Cloud 210d (which has been delayed a couple of times already) and while we’re assured its on its way and will arrive sometime the week of the 16th, we’re not entirely comfortable taking pre-orders when we don’t actually have the fabric here at the factory.
    Hope this helps,

moriond
    Hi @moriond,

Am I understanding you correctly that the Monster Truck will be produced in the 4 new colors listed in the quote above and should be available sometime in the next 1-2 months? If that is still the plan, is there a reason that they do not show as "In production" currently on the MT page?

I'm looking to order an MT, preferably in one of the new colors, so any clarity you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Brad

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: we expect that the Synapse 19 and Synapse 25 with the new Edgeless shoulder straps will be in-stock within about three weeks. For at least a little while, they'll be available alongside the Synapse 19 and Synapse 25 with the original bound-edge straps.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Darcy! By chance do you happen to know the colorways for the new Edgeless straps Synapses?

(trying to play it cool but I'm overly pumped about this news)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we expect Sitka to make a return this year? Have you decided on the Halcyon colors?!

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: we expect that the Synapse 19 and Synapse 25 with the new Edgeless shoulder straps will be in-stock within about three weeks. For at least a little while, they'll be available alongside the Synapse 19 and Synapse 25 with the original bound-edge straps.
    I know I probably sound like a broken record (I feel like all of my posts have the phrase "Guide Edition" in them) but will the new batch of Synapse Guide Editions have the edgeless straps as well?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The full Coyote Guide's Edition looks awesome, Darcy. Any clues on when the pre-order will open?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onebag View Post
    Thank you Darcy! By chance do you happen to know the colorways for the new Edgeless straps Synapses?

(trying to play it cool but I'm overly pumped about this news)
    I'll respond here w/the full list on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by mgnsimmons3 View Post
    Can we expect Sitka to make a return this year? Have you decided on the Halcyon colors?!
    There are two 90% new 200d Halcyon colors that will debut early next month.....

.... okay, it's Saturday night and I've had just enough of a glass of wine to know what I'm doing here yet still do this so... plus, the fabric arrived just this last week, so because it's onsite in Seattle I think it's safe for me to say that two new 200d Halcyon colors are:
    Coyote
    Solaris

Solaris is very close to Solar, but slightly warmer. Some people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Solaris and Solar if they weren't side-by-side, but everyone will notice the difference when they are side-by-side. Solaris is (we think) a happy accident, and maybe meant to be. We thought our mill in Japan had some original Solar on hand; so, we ordered Solar, and then, when we got basically the proofs for the color, we were surprised to see that none of the three shades (lab dips or lab color proofs are always delivered in sets of three to account for very very slight variations) exactly -- and we mean exactly, because it's close, but we're picky -- matched the original Solar. We were initially wondering what we'd do, and then we realized we really, really liked the slightly warmest of the three dips. We approved that dip, and now we have Solaris. I hope you guys like it as much as we do, and I hope those that wanted truly original Solar won't be too bummed.

The Coyote is quite handsome. Of course, because of the white grid of the UHMWPE, it looks a little different than Coyote 1050d or 525d. But it's definitely still Coyote. It won't make its way into the Guide's Edition bags as those will be lined with 210d ballistic in Coyote. Various Coyote and Solaris bags will be in-stock after the Guide's Edition pre-order closes, but before it ships, so there will be chances to add those to existing pre-orders if anyone would like to do that. (see the note below about Coyote Strap Keepers as well).

And yes, Sitka will return this year. We're going to save enough of Solaris and Coyote so that, when Sitka comes in, we can offer a pre-order rainbow of colors in the Original Small and Large Shop Bags Smilie The mill in Japan did have original Sitka, so the Sitka we'll be receiving in a few months is exact to original Sitka.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    I know I probably sound like a broken record (I feel like all of my posts have the phrase "Guide Edition" in them) but will the new batch of Synapse Guide Editions have the edgeless straps as well?
    Yes, they will: both the Synapse 25 and the Synik 22 and Synik 30... all Guide's Editions will have Edgeless straps. That means also that the price will increase by $10.

Speaking of: we expect that we'll be able to offer Coyote versions of our Strap Keepers post-pre-order, but before the pre-orders ship. We'll send an email out to everyone who placed a Guide's Edition order to let them know when the Coyote Strap Keepers are available for order -- our system allows for new orders to easily be added to existing pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by roychen View Post
    The full Coyote Guide's Edition looks awesome, Darcy. Any clues on when the pre-order will open?
    I know the date we plan to open it, but I'm keeping that under wraps because it's always possible for something to get delayed. I can't imagine what that would be, but just in case. So, generally speaking, late this month - early next sometime.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That @Darcy is a mic drop
    Smilie

Please have a glass of wine more often... I'll even send some
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, that Solaris sounds AWESOME, I'm starting to get overwhelmed with all the new options for bags. In a good way, of course!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll respond here w/the full list on Monday.

There are two 90% new 200d Halcyon colors that will debut early next month.....

.... okay, it's Saturday night and I've had just enough of a glass of wine to know what I'm doing here yet still do this so... plus, the fabric arrived just this last week, so because it's onsite in Seattle I think it's safe for me to say that two new 200d Halcyon colors are:
    Coyote
    Solaris

Solaris is very close to Solar, but slightly warmer. Some people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Solaris and Solar if they weren't side-by-side, but everyone will notice the difference when they are side-by-side. Solaris is (we think) a happy accident, and maybe meant to be. We thought our mill in Japan had some original Solar on hand; so, we ordered Solar, and then, when we got basically the proofs for the color, we were surprised to see that none of the three shades (lab dips or lab color proofs are always delivered in sets of three to account for very very slight variations) exactly -- and we mean exactly, because it's close, but we're picky -- matched the original Solar. We were initially wondering what we'd do, and then we realized we really, really liked the slightly warmest of the three dips. We approved that dip, and now we have Solaris. I hope you guys like it as much as we do, and I hope those that wanted truly original Solar won't be too bummed.

The Coyote is quite handsome. Of course, because of the white grid of the UHMWPE, it looks a little different than Coyote 1050d or 525d. But it's definitely still Coyote. It won't make its way into the Guide's Edition bags as those will be lined with 210d ballistic in Coyote. Various Coyote and Solaris bags will be in-stock after the Guide's Edition pre-order closes, but before it ships, so there will be chances to add those to existing pre-orders if anyone would like to do that. (see the note below about Coyote Strap Keepers as well).

And yes, Sitka will return this year. We're going to save enough of Solaris and Coyote so that, when Sitka comes in, we can offer a pre-order rainbow of colors in the Original Small and Large Shop Bags Smilie The mill in Japan did have original Sitka, so the Sitka we'll be receiving in a few months is exact to original Sitka.

Yes, they will: both the Synapse 25 and the Synik 22 and Synik 30... all Guide's Editions will have Edgeless straps. That means also that the price will increase by $10.

Speaking of: we expect that we'll be able to offer Coyote versions of our Strap Keepers post-pre-order, but before the pre-orders ship. We'll send an email out to everyone who placed a Guide's Edition order to let them know when the Coyote Strap Keepers are available for order -- our system allows for new orders to easily be added to existing pre-orders.

I know the date we plan to open it, but I'm keeping that under wraps because it's always possible for something to get delayed. I can't imagine what that would be, but just in case. So, generally speaking, late this month - early next sometime.
    Oh. My. God. You have just made my week. Solaris, Sitka, and original Shop Bags, I can’t wait. Seriously. I need to start saving now. Thank you for the excellent news. Do you know when we can start requesting fabric samples of the new halcyon colors?
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    That @Darcy is a mic drop
    Smilie

Please have a glass of wine more often... I'll even send some
    Wow. Yes it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You made my night!!! Sitka in organizer pouches hopefully?!?!???? Ahhhhh

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't *squeeeeeeee* enough!!! SO EXCITING!!!! <3 @darcy!!!

Page 133 of 143 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 ... LastLast