Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 136 of 147 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2193
    Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t see Ursa Brown paired with Solaris at all. A cool deep taupe with a bright warm sunny yellow? That doesn’t go together in my head. I’m glad to see Ursa brown paired with NWS in the Synapses, hopefully that will be the pairing for other big bags as well (Trinity, sling bag). Btw, is there a timeline for the sling bag yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone of whom it has been said for years, regarding a variety of contexts, "You are attracted to asymmetry, to the odd numbers, and contrasts..." I think "go together" is a blend of colour science (Chromatography?) and style preference. Technically, scientifically, some colours are more closely related... but for me, sometimes closely related (Ursa/Coyote) is more bothersome than either exactly the same or wildly different. If Zest should ever make a brief but glorious blaze back into orbit, Constellation/Zest or Island/Zest would be amazing to me. Solaris, to my eye, has a depth that Solar never did. Zest too...whereas Monarch was too dense to enter and it felt like things would bounce of of solar. Island/Solaris holds promise, as well as sunshine.

All to say--I am looking forward with "new crayons" joy to seeing fresh combos on old bags and new.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    As someone of whom it has been said for years, regarding a variety of contexts, "You are attracted to asymmetry, to the odd numbers, and contrasts..." I think "go together" is a blend of colour science (Chromatography?) and style preference.
    Agreed! It drives me batty how much NWS or some grey is used on the inside -- it's soooo boring! I get why ppl get black bags (bleh) cuz they're "safe", but live a little, even if it's on the inside. Then again, not a fan of UV, so don't live THAT much Wink It'll be interesting to see the combos when they come out.

Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KmK View Post
    As someone of whom it has been said for years, regarding a variety of contexts, "You are attracted to asymmetry, to the odd numbers, and contrasts..." I think "go together" is a blend of colour science (Chromatography?) and style preference. Technically, scientifically, some colours are more closely related... but for me, sometimes closely related (Ursa/Coyote) is more bothersome than either exactly the same or wildly different. If Zest should ever make a brief but glorious blaze back into orbit, Constellation/Zest or Island/Zest would be amazing to me. Solaris, to my eye, has a depth that Solar never did. Zest too...whereas Monarch was too dense to enter and it felt like things would bounce of of solar. Island/Solaris holds promise, as well as sunshine.

All to say--I am looking forward with "new crayons" joy to seeing fresh combos on old bags and new.
    Sounds like you’ve already seen Solaris, which I haven’t. I’m not a big proponent of color theory, but the way colors are described there (undertone, value and intensity) makes sense to me. To me a different undertone only works as long as the other two are roughly similar and the difference isn’t too big. If the intensity is very different I think a pairing looks off. And I actually like a combination of different values when the other aspects are fairly similar. This is what I’m personally feeling when I look at colors together. I know that others might think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by earth5 View Post
    Agreed! It drives me batty how much NWS or some grey is used on the inside -- it's soooo boring! I get why ppl get black bags (bleh) cuz they're "safe", but live a little, even if it's on the inside. Then again, not a fan of UV, so don't live THAT much Wink It'll be interesting to see the combos when they come out.
    I don’t feel like NWS is boring at all. To me it’s the perfect backdrop for the colorful items I’m putting into my bag. And I know that I won’t get sick looking at it in a few years time. Especially with the big bags it’s a lot of money and if I crave color I can always pick an accessory that won’t cost so much and which I can replace in time when I’m sick of it. It’s the same as picking a neutral colored sofa and then going crazy with the throw pillows, that also seems sensible to me...
    Last edited by b1gsky; 01-21-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I don’t feel like NWS is boring at all. To me it’s the perfect backdrop for the colorful items I’m putting into my bag. And I know that I won’t get sick looking at it in a few years time. Especially with the big bags it’s a lot of money and if I crave color I can always pick an accessory that won’t cost so much and which I can replace in time when I’m sick of it. It’s the same as picking a neutral colored sofa and then going crazy with the throw pillows, that also seems sensible to me...
    The latter is more my method when possible as well these days, though hasn't always been.

I love me some colorful interiors now and then (and have many colorful pouches and smaller accessory bags), but NWS is both wonderfully universal and (to me) beautifully calming. With my personal eye problems, interior colors that are too bright or dark/high contrast (color + white grid) strobe or flash in my eyes and make things disorienting. So much as I like them, a lot of colors (like Iberian, Island, UV, Steel, Fjord, etc) are rough for me as interiors. Wasabi surprised me as a perfect neutral because, even though it photographs really brightly, in reality it's lively without being BRIGHT, so that plus its low contrast works really well for cruddy eyes like mine. NWS is higher contrast than Wasabi (again, with the white grid) -- closer to medium contrast -- but not distracting or disorienting for me, and really does bring an odd sense of calm, which I very much appreciate. As perfect interiors so far as my eyes go, I like Wasabi when I want energy and NWS when I want calm.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Solaris in person to see how it compares.

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like an Ursa/Solaris combination can go one of two ways-it can either be hideously ugly, or it can give the bag a weird vintage look that shouldn't work but totally does. I'm really hoping it's the second.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    I can’t see Ursa Brown paired with Solaris at all. A cool deep taupe with a bright warm sunny yellow? That doesn’t go together in my head. I’m glad to see Ursa brown paired with NWS in the Synapses, hopefully that will be the pairing for other big bags as well (Trinity, sling bag). Btw, is there a timeline for the sling bag yet?
    Here's a photo of the two. I don't know if my camera captures it, but to me, it's more brown than anything, just not a chocolate brown. I think it would go really well with Solaris, and I am speaking as someone who was never a fan of Solar. I'm so intrigued by this possible combo!
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-ursa-brown-solaris-jpg
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

Germany
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, that doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would. But I’m still not a fan, it’s definitely too bright. And too yellow. Wink I still love the look of Ursa, but if it were paired with Solaris I would be forced to pick a different exterior.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these new interior and exterior colors a limited run or will they be sticking around? Specifically asking about ursa brown with coyote 200 interior, and will they be around if and when the trinity comes out. Asking for a friend (my friend being a credit card that buys me gifts)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing wilderness green in person, I cannot wait to see bags in this color. LOVE!!! I will admit I am a green devotee.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Forum Member
    The Texas Panhandle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the Syniks going to get the new color fabrics?
    S19 & S19/Island; S25/Island, S25/NW Sky; GE S25 & GE S25/Coyote; S30/Coyote; BB/Canyon; SA/Island, SA/U.V., SA/Wasabi, SA & SA/Steel; A30/Zest; A45/Island, A45/Steel; MCB/Wasabi, MCB & MCB/Canyon.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Okay, here's the list! Same colors for both the Synapse 19 and Synapse 25. And same as with the Guide's Pack and the Guide's Edition Synpase 25: Edgeless straps add $10 to the price of the bag.

Black 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Black 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Black 400 Halcyon/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Original 400 Halcyon/Island 200 Halcyon
    Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Nebulous Grey 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Cloud 525 Ballistic/Island 200 Halcyon
    Mars Red 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Burnt Orange 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Aubergine 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Ursa Brown 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Constellation Blue 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Wilderness Green 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Coyote 525 Ballistic/NW Sky 200 Halcyon

Our plan is to add Coyote and Solaris add each time @Countron informs us that it's time to make a new batch of a particular design. Here's the short list of what will be available first in Coyote and Solaris:

3D Clear Organizer Cube
    3D All Fabric Organizer Cube
    RFID Passport Pouch
    Side Effects in Constellation/Solaris and Ursa/Coyote
    Side Kicks Constellation/Solaris and Ursa/Coyote

I can't say for sure, but I'm going to guess sometime May - July for those.
    @Darcy Thanks for these details!

Can we hope for an announcement on what colors will be offered as Guide Editions? I know the Coyote pic has been teased but now I am hoping to see an Ursa Brown Guide Edition Synik 30 with Coyote 200 Halycon inside (I can settle for the normal ballistic Coyote inside but one can dream Discussion of New Colors, New Designs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Sitka and Wilderness Green on the horizon I need to find a place to ship bags to without a spouse finding out. You know, for a friend.

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there plans for pilots to be made in the new colors anytime soon?

Forum Member
    Springfield, MA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pronunciation question:

so-LAH-ris?
    so-LAIR-iss?

Page 136 of 147 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast