Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 137 of 152 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2270
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lia View Post
    Pronunciation question:

so-LAH-ris?
    so-LAIR-iss?
    Well, I pronounce it the first way (so-LAH-ris), but then I’ve used this (scalable, Unix) operating system on Sun work stations. I think that’s also the way i’ve heard the book “Solaris” by Stanislaw Lem pronounced. On the other hand, I don’t know how the Tom Bihn folks choose to pronounce it. It was a bit of a surprise to see it suddenly go up as the official name a few hours after I threw it out in a list of possible names in a post in the Admin forums. (That was the first time I’d seen “Solaris” used in the context of a possible color name.)

moriond

ETA: i’ve Heard it pronounced both ways:
    How to pronounce Solaris: howtopronounce.cc

I also found this:
    https://forvo.com/word/solaris
    Last edited by moriond; 01-22-2020 at 12:37 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Are there plans for pilots to be made in the new colors anytime soon?
    Not very very soon, I don't think. Our plan is to make the new colors "In Production" as soon as they're ordered (and thus available for email sign-up).

Quote Originally Posted by djkindred View Post
    @Darcy Thanks for these details!

Can we hope for an announcement on what colors will be offered as Guide Editions? I know the Coyote pic has been teased but now I am hoping to see an Ursa Brown Guide Edition Synik 30 with Coyote 200 Halycon inside (I can settle for the normal ballistic Coyote inside but one can dream Discussion of New Colors, New Designs).
    Guide's Edition colors will be the following. All are lined with Coyote 210d, so no Coyote 200d Halcyon linings.

Black 525d
    Nebulous 525d
    Mars Red 525d
    Deep Blue 525d
    Aubergine 525d
    Ursa Brown 525d
    Constellation Blue 525d
    Wilderness Green 525d
    Coyote 525d

Synik 22 and 30 only:
    Navy Parapack

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMcG View Post
    Are the Syniks going to get the new color fabrics?
    Yes. They'll be up as "In Production" (no photos quite yet though!) tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by gregcswanson View Post
    Are these new interior and exterior colors a limited run or will they be sticking around? Specifically asking about ursa brown with coyote 200 interior, and will they be around if and when the trinity comes out. Asking for a friend (my friend being a credit card that buys me gifts)
    We don't know just yet about which of the 525d colors, if any, will stick around: depends on what's most popular. While we'd like to keep adding and continuing to offer more colors, increasing numbers of SKUs can become difficult to manage. That said, our hope is the new colors will still be around when the Trinity debuts.

The plan for 200d Halcyon is to keep them rotating so we can offer more new (and beloved, but semi-retired) colors. When this run of Coyote 200d sells out, it may be offered again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Thanks for the update on the Synapses, Darcy! Do you have any idea of what other ballistic colors besides Constellation you plan to pair Solaris with?
    As of right now, here's our options. Note that we won't make all of these colors available... we'll have to pick and choose, as offering too many color combinations can become problematic. We are paying attention to everyone's feedback and this list is subject to change.

525d exteriors that may be paired with Solaris interiors: Black, Nebulous, Deep Blue, Constellation
    1050d exteriors that may be paired with Solaris interiors: Black, Steel, Navy

Quote Originally Posted by jessmakes View Post
    Any idea on time frame of the 3D all fabric cubes? I would also make a request for stuff sacks. :-)
    About 2-3 weeks or so! We're making them now Smilie Stuff Sacks will be made, but those will be a little ways out... maybe 4 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by roychen View Post
    Thank you very much Darcy! That sounds like you're referring just to the new Coyote / Solaris 200d halcyon fabric. How about Coyote 525 Ballistic? Will it be used as the exterior fabric for bags when Countron determines a new batch should be made? Will that apply to all bags?
    Yes, we'll be making various bags in Coyote 525d as @Countron determines when it's time to make a new batch Smilie

Finally, here's a photo we took today of the Guide's Edition Synik 30 in Ursa:
    Attached Images Attached Images Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-tripod-guide-jpg 
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And just like that, I know I'm going to be ordering an Ursa guides edition. That looks fantastic. Thanks for the update, Darcy!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The synik 30 GE ursa looks fantastic

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Thanks again for all of these updates! I am now sold on that Ursa Guide after seeing the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much @Darcy Smilie

Looks like I have a hard choice between Ursa and Coyote now..

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG that Ursa Guide's pack is glorious. Just confirming that WILL be a 19/22 option?

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone with an Ursa swatch who can post a picture how it looks with 1050d Coyote and/or 1050d Steel? That would be awesome.Smilie

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Ursa Guide’s Edition looks amazing. I had already thought this would look great, and the pic confirms it. Thanks for these updates @Darcy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received swatches today of Constellation, Wilderness, Ursa and Coyote and Solaris in halcyon. I missed out on Solar but love Solaris so I'm happy. It is not a flashy bright yellow so don't be afraid of it. If you have PrismaColor Premier colored pencils Solaris is similar to PC942 Yellow Ochre in the 72 box set. I emailed a photo to TB office showing Solaris Swatch next to three PrismaColor yellows and asked them to post it for me.

I really like Ursa and think it goes well with both new halcyon colors. I think Solaris would be an amazing lining for my Black Stealth Icon. It's cheerful without being garish yet bright/light enough things show up easily against it. I really like the Coyote halcyon but as lining in a smaller space I'd go for Solaris. I know Ursa and Solaris are in my future and they will probably be joined by Coyote Halcyon in some form. I don't know what Trinity is but would like it in Ursa and Constellation with a Coyote lining. These make a really nice combination.

I have to say Tom Bihn is the most amazing company. Larry (dh of 52 years) doesn't quite understand my obsession but thankfully he is very impressed with the quality of TB products and their stellar service and commitment to both TB customers and beyond.

Last edited by G42; 01-23-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    As of right now, here's our options. Note that we won't make all of these colors available... we'll have to pick and choose, as offering too many color combinations can become problematic. We are paying attention to everyone's feedback and this list is subject to change.

525d exteriors that may be paired with Solaris interiors: Black, Nebulous, Deep Blue, Constellation
    1050d exteriors that may be paired with Solaris interiors: Black, Steel, Navy
    Here's another vote in favor of Ursa/Solaris!
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're still working on the pages, but I made them live so you guys could see them tonight esp. because they have photos of the new 525d colors. The pages will officially debut tomorrow. Pre-order opens 01/30 and closes 02/06.

Let me know if you spot any typos or have any questions. Note: we accidentally just overwrote the GES30 specs w/the GES22 specs. Oops. Fixing those now...

Guide's Edition Synik 22
    Guide's Edition Synik 30
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy, that Ursa looks fantastic. Still waiting to compare it with Navy Parapack, which I believe you said would be available for the Synik Guide's Edition.

There's a typo in the Pre-order FAQ section for the Synik 30 Guide's Edition page: "our system would authroize your credit card for the total"
    Last edited by roychen; 01-23-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We're still working on the pages, but I made them live so you guys could see them tonight esp. because they have photos of the new 525d colors. The pages will officially debut tomorrow. Pre-order opens 01/30 and closes 02/06.

Let me know if you spot any typos or have any questions.
    They look gorgeous. Smilie
    On my screens, the color of the "selector" for Constellation Blue looks very dark, much closer to the selector for Deep Blue than the photos of their respective fabrics.

The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roychen View Post
    @Darcy, that Ursa looks fantastic. Still waiting to compare it with Navy Parapack, which I believe you said would be available for the Synik Guide's Edition.

There's a typo in the Pre-order FAQ section for the Synik 30 Guide's Edition page: "our system would authroize your credit card for the total"
    Thanks for alerting us to that typo!

You should now be able to see Navy Parapack as an option on both the Synik 22 and Synik 30 pages (along with Ursa of course).

Page 137 of 152 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast