Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 144 of 152 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2270
    Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xyppy View Post
    I've been looking at all the pictures I can find of Wilderness and it seems like it's more of a dark olive green than a forest green color. Are my eyes deceiving me? I am not at all fond of olive green colors and and hesitant to order anything in Wilderness because of the undertones in it.
    @xyppy, I don't know how you define olive green and forest green since color names can mean different things to different people. But I'd call Wilderness a forest green that's a little bit on the yellow side (not to be confused with the discontinued TB color Forest, which was what I'd call a forest green that's a little bit on the blue side).
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been looking at all the pictures I can find of Wilderness and it seems like it's more of a dark olive green than a forest green color. Are my eyes deceiving me? I am not at all fond of olive green colors and and hesitant to order anything in Wilderness because of the undertones in it.
    Here's a Wilderness super-mini GWOP on top of my Olive Brain Bag. I feel that Wilderness is definitely a much more "pine" color than olive.
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-wvo_small-jpg

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    @xyppy, I don't know how you define olive green and forest green since color names can mean different things to different people. But I'd call Wilderness a forest green that's a little bit on the yellow side (not to be confused with the discontinued TB color Forest, which was what I'd call a forest green that's a little bit on the blue side).
    I ordered a sample and agree that it's a forest green.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also contact the fine folks in Customer Service and request fabric swatches - they'll send them out for free and then you can see & feel the fabric, compare it to your current stuff, etc.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

NYC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks y'all for answering my question so quickly. I just ordered a Constellation blue TC and asked if swatches of Wilderness and Ursa could be sent along with it. I think I'll order an S19 in the winning color between Constellation blue, Ursa and Wilderness once I can see each of the colors. Instant reflex is to order the S19 in Constellation blue but I don't want to neglect the other two colors that I might like even better.
    Spring

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilderness is pretty close to Conifer, if that helps

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies if this has been posted already, but it looks like the A30 and A45 are getting versions in Ursa, Constellation and Wilderness. No pictures yet, but their pages say that they're in production.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    Are you going to offer the Luminary 15 too?
    We do hope to make the Luminary 15 in the new 525d colors. At this point, it's really about what we need to make and when that happens and how much fabric we have left. I hope I'll have some more specific news to share soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Drpepper View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I asked about a Skookum product and learned the line will be ending.
    Hoping against but think I will get a similar answer with this question....any Ristretto’s on the way with the new ballistic and/or halcyon?
    No plans to offer the Ristretto in the new 525d colors or w/ the new 200D Halcyon colors as linings. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
    TB has finally designed my dream backpack! The Synapse 25 WITH the new shoulder straps AND in brown (Ursa is divine!) which is my favoritest color in the world. Good golly I'm so excited and ready to send in my order the minute it becomes available, but I also want an "in production" Side Kick. I'm thinking I'll order it in the Wilderness just to be different yet oh so earthy coordinated. Darcy, any chance that these will become available at the same time so I can order them both together?
    My response is super late on this I know, but I did want to give a Side Kick update: they'll be in-stock within about two weeks from now, so early March.

Quote Originally Posted by djkindred View Post
    @Darcy- Now that the GE preorder’s are wrapped up, I would be super interested in what percentage chose what color per size. Not sure if that is something you would be willing to share. I know you mentioned in blog that Synapse was far less as a whole but I am curious on colors too. I assume most of us went towards new colors. Thanks! Looking forward to receiving mine.
    Synik 30 was the most popular size. Most popular colors overall: Ursa, Black, and Wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by BradBot View Post
    I second this @Darcy! Also, will the Monster Truck be produced in any of the new colors, or will it be limited to the standard colors currently showing as in production?
    Indeed they will be! You'll see Monster Trucks in 630d 50% Recycled (Seapine, Nebulous, Logic) and the new 525d colors (Ursa, Constellation, Wilderness, Coyote) as soon as late this week or early next.

Quote Originally Posted by mgnsimmons3 View Post
    Yes please to Sitka Halcyon Side Effect!!! Darcy will it be sometime in the 1st half of the year/second half? Smilie
    @moriond has convinced us to offer the Side Effect in 200d Halcyon, and thus it will be made available in Solar, Coyote, and Sitka this year. I am going to guess sometime March - July at this point.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    @moriond has convinced us to offer the Side Effect in 200d Halcyon, and thus it will be made available in Solar, Coyote, and Sitka this year. I am going to guess sometime March - July at this point.
    @Darcy, woohoo!! I am absolutely thrilled about this. You have made my week. Thanks so much!
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    @Darcy, woohoo!! I am absolutely thrilled about this. You have made my week. Thanks so much!
    @pammy,

It must have been the supporting cast of other requests for the Side Effect in 200d Halcyon -- along with your continued posting of pictures of your Solar (and other SEs) in 200d Halcyon -- because, I've been asking for this for a long time, and not gotten a successful response!

And won't it be cool to see the SE in Sitka?

moriond

ETA: Decided to quote the post with pictures in question -- even though it's just earlier in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I am SUPER excited about the new 200d halcyon colors that are coming. Got back last week from Disneyland where I used my 200d steel Side Effect. It was a great park bag, so light and easy to carry. So I would love to see Side Effects in the new Solaris, Coyote, and Sitka colors. These are my three Side Effects in 200d and they are my favorite SEs.

Here is a comparison of a Solar Side Effect and a swatch of the new Solaris. They’re close in color, but Solaris is slightly darker. Very happy we will soon see a second generation of Solar.

Also adding one of @pammy's recent pictures from Disneyland:
    Last edited by moriond; 02-20-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool news on the SEs... I'm holding out for Travel Cubelet in Solaris - I use those way more than SEs
    Smilie

Basically @Darcy, we want every bag to have a Solaris option (and Sitka, Coyote, Zest, Monarch, Fjord, and and and and)
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, I want Fjord stuff so badly. Even just an organizer pouch or something small. What a gorgeous color.

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Travel Cubelet is a better fit for me too. Now that we’re breaking with convention, could we please see a Travel Cubelet in Original Halcyon? I want one so bad and time is running out...

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also thrilled about 200d SE! Yay @moriond!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @pammy,

It must have been the supporting cast of other requests for the Side Effect in 200d Halcyon -- along with your continued posting of pictures of your Solar (and other SEs) in 200d Halcyon -- because, I've been asking for this for a long time, and not gotten a successful response!

And won't it be cool to see the SE in Sitka?

moriond
    @moriond,

Oh, yes, a Sitka Side Effect will be really excellent! Sitka is such a great color. For anyone who hasn't requested fabric swatches of 200d Solaris and Coyote, I recommend that they do so, so they can see it in person. I was happily surprised how much I like Coyote. It's really cool. I have many Side Effects in different fabrics and the 200d halcyon ones are so awesome on their own or to use as a bag within a bag. Can't wait to see these new Side Effects.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Page 144 of 152 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast