Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 147 of 153 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2282
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless I'm in a weird mood, I usually don't want to completely clash... but I tend towards 'families' of colours vs matchy match...

Blue, grey, purple, and black that all have black undertones all 'match' to me and I don't mind...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Silicon Valley
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomGault View Post
    I'm despondent that deep blue 525 doesn't perfectly match navy 1050 (and the solar/Solaris change makes me shudder.) Too ocd, I guess, but change is a part of life :/
    Ha, so true ... I'm despondent over the switch to 525 from 1050! hard for me to recommend for travel bags if I'm being forthcoming ...

525 just doesn't look like a very luxe fabric to my eye, especially in colors - it'll be ok for me for backpacks, not travel bags! yet there's probably a lot of people who either like it, don't care, or haven't seen the difference with 1050 so they won't know, but ...
    For me, 1050 to the WWWAAAALLLLL!
    Last edited by GrussGott; 02-25-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I don't mind 2 bags matching but I do worry about 3 bags matching (in the unlikely event I'd be having all 3 bags on me at the same time, but never say never, right?). Anyway I wish I could see more photos of the SK in Ursa and coyote to help me decide which to get.
    My issue is that I wear a lot of browns and earthtones already, so carrying two brown bags may make me look verrrry earthy. I'll most likely go with a Wilderness SK & try for the Ursa/CoyoteHal combo with another bag. More product photos of the bags in the colors would be really nice! Although I know product photos take a lot of time that I doubt TB has at the moment. Comparison photos will hit the forums soon, but those of us who want to order from the first wave of production will just have to take our chances. I was a huge Cocoa fan, so I'm very happy that Ursa (which I think looks even more beautiful than Cocoa) has made a debut.

Quote Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
    Ha, so true ... I'm despondent over the switch to 525 from 1050... For me, 1050 to the WWWAAAALLLLL!
    GrussGott, totally agree with you here. I'm seriously mourning the loss of 1050. I loved the look, feel, and durability of that fabric. I haven't been as happy with my bags in 525, and I don't like the slight surface sheen of 525 either. Oh well change happens, eh? I'd rather have a TB bag in 525 than no TB bag at all.

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Unless I'm in a weird mood, I usually don't want to completely clash... but I tend towards 'families' of colours vs matchy match...
    You said it perfectly. This is my preference, as well!
    Last edited by Tonya; 02-26-2020 at 03:17 AM.

SF Bay Area ; He/Him
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

It must have been the supporting cast of other requests for the Side Effect in 200d Halcyon -- along with your continued posting of pictures of your Solar (and other SEs) in 200d Halcyon -- because, I've been asking for this for a long time, and not gotten a successful response!

And won't it be cool to see the SE in Sitka?
    @moriond , I remember through the years you asking for the SE in 200d and never being successful. But your persistence has paid off. Finally. Thank you. Smilie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had some slightly embarrassing "this is a whole lot of Dawn at once" moments. But, whatever!

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Hi@cyp,

I thought that I should point out that the dye lot for the last batch of Forest Ballistic Nylon (which includes any Pilots that were made in Forest, and also any (Mini) Q-Kits in Forest -- and I think this also applies to any Night Flight Travel Duffels made in Forest) was a much bluer green than the original release of Forest Ballistic Nylon -- which was close to Conifer in Cordura fabrics.

This is a picture @Rocks posted comparing a Medium Organizer Pouch in Forest Ballistic Nylon made soon after that color debuted, with a Forest Q-Kit from the Indigo v Sapphire, Forest v Conifer thread discussing these colors (in Cordura and Ballistic Nylon; the difference between Indigo (Cordura and Ballistic Nylon) and Sapphire Cordura is difficult to photograph well, but obvious when you see them in person; the original version of Forest Ballistic Nylon matches Conifer Cordura, but later dye lots of Forest were much bluer.) Wilderness is closer to original Forest than the color of Forest that was used for making the Pilots.

HTH

moriond
    This is great and very helpful. Could you also do a comparison photo of wilderness with Sitka please?
    Thank you

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Boulder Colorado
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I am not Moriond, here is a comparison image of a few green's from another thread that has wilderness as well as sitka.

From bottom to top: Olive Cordura Ristretto, small Sitka OP, small Grass GW, Wilderness Gift GW.
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-2019_gift-jpg

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randomly, this just reminds me once again how much I like the color-contrast zippers...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    This is great and very helpful. Could you also do a comparison photo of wilderness with Sitka please?
    Thank you

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    I only have the fabric samples of Wilderness, but they have less of the coating and surface reflection that you'll see in the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches. Here's a comparison of Wilderness (525d Ballistic Nylon) with Sitka (200d Halcyon):
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-img_4798-jpg

Another view of Wilderness, Ursa, and Coyote (525d Ballistic Nylon fabric swatches) against Sitka Halcyon:

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-img_4797-jpg

HTH

moriond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I notice that contrast/difference works well with how my brain is wired. Unless colours stand out from each other, it all kind of morphs into one... Colour is an indicator of contents/function. As one friend said--Do you realize you seek out asymmetry? In a funny way, it helps me keep my balance.

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures of Solaris and Coyote halcyon HLT 2's are up! Solaris looks fantastic, cannot wait to order!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Pictures of Solaris and Coyote halcyon HLT 2's are up! Solaris looks fantastic, cannot wait to order!
    Not that you can’t all go directly to the product page, but …
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-hlt2_solaris2_1024x1024-jpg
    Solaris

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-hlt2_coyhalycon2_1024x1024-jpg
    Coyote (Halcyon)

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Photos of the A30 in Ursa, Constellation and Wilderness are now up. The Ursa A30 looks beautiful!
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello @Darcy , (apologies if this has been answered somewhere already) -- I'm wondering if there are plans for the Luminary 15 in some of the new colors? Like, coyote or wilderness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, will the Synik 30 be offered again in Navy parapack? (hopefully with coyote or solaris).

Page 147 of 153 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast