Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 150 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2336
    Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Just saw the information on Instagram that you pretty much stopped production for now (kudos to you for that btw). I was waiting for the MCB in Ursa to be available, which was supposed to be sometime around now a while ago. Are you still going to finish these or will they only be available later on? If itís the latter I might just order the bags I want that are in stock now and not keep waiting.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a separate note, does anyone know if the coyote zipper pulls were supposed to come with the plastic bits to seal them? I only got the cords, no thingies, and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something or going crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    @Darcy Just saw the information on Instagram that you pretty much stopped production for now (kudos to you for that btw). I was waiting for the MCB in Ursa to be available, which was supposed to be sometime around now a while ago. Are you still going to finish these or will they only be available later on? If it’s the latter I might just order the bags I want that are in stock now and not keep waiting.
    Yeah, I was waiting for the later as well, along with holding on a return for when I placed that order in case other items needed to return.

Now I feel bad doing a return and adding extra burden to the system, but I don't want the 60-day window to expire as I'm around 30. Afraid if I wait it's going to be worse. @Darcy , is a box of returns going to overload you guys? The items in the box have been self-quarantined for 30ish days =D

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by earth5 View Post
    Yeah, I was waiting for the later as well, along with holding on a return for when I placed that order in case other items needed to return.

Now I feel bad doing a return and adding extra burden to the system, but I don't want the 60-day window to expire as I'm around 30. Afraid if I wait it's going to be worse. @Darcy , is a box of returns going to overload you guys? The items in the box have been self-quarantined for 30ish days =D
    @earth5 and others,

There's a blog post that went up earlier today covering the scale backs they're having to do, and projected changes in time tables, but also issues such as returns. I'll quote that section (but you can all go read the post in its entirety for more general details):

Returns

Nik and Darcy will be processing returns during this time, but the process may take a little longer than it usually does. Please allow for it to take an additional week for us process your return once it is received at our Seattle factory. We’ll try for sooner, of course! We want to be able to accept returns as long as we can; if, at some point, we need to temporarily stop accepting returns (due to issues with receiving deliveries, etc.) we'll let everyone know — and we will extend the window in which you can send a return.
    I think that should cover some of your concerns (also, with the 60 day limit).

HTH

moriond

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=4]I was waiting for the MCB in Ursa to be available, which was supposed to be sometime around now a while ago. Are you still going to finish these or will they only be available later on? If it’s the latter I might just order the bags I want that are in stock now and not keep waiting.
    Good question. It's going to be later on for those for sure. There's some items that were close enough along or at QA (Quality Assurance) that we might be able to put them up soon, but MCBs weren't one of those items.

On a separate note, does anyone know if the coyote zipper pulls were supposed to come with the plastic bits to seal them? I only got the cords, no thingies, and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something or going crazy.

Don't feel bad! Send the return on back. It's better to do that and then spend that money on something that you'll love, whatever that is. That is what I would do.

Edited: @etnt has it right about the pulls.
    Last edited by Darcy; 03-19-2020 at 07:26 AM.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think itís hard for any of us to think of anything apart from whatís going on in the world right now. That being said, I thought this might be interesting. Apple released new watch band colours and look, they seemed to have released one which matches Ursa and island:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...lue-sport-loop
    Is it just me who sees the resemblance?!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are asking about those included in the ge, then it’s the cords only as stated in the page
    1x Coyote 8-inch Cord-Only Zipper Pulls (8-Pack)

The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoSS View Post
    I think it’s hard for any of us to think of anything apart from what’s going on in the world right now. That being said, I thought this might be interesting. Apple released new watch band colours and look, they seemed to have released one which matches Ursa and island:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...lue-sport-loop
    Is it just me who sees the resemblance?!
    Ha! I guess that answers our question in a way as to whether people like Ursa + Island Smilie Nice selection of colors overall.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Good question. It's going to be later on for those for sure. There's some items that were close enough along or at QA (Quality Assurance) that we might be able to put them up soon, but MCBs weren't one of those.
    Thanks, Darcy. Any chance you can say what these might be? (Without guarantees of course.)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Restocked icons

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Special edition: here's the long story all about the (The Original) Icon and (The Future) Icon.
    OK, this is just me, and I have to say that I really like the Icon, EDC carry it, and have not had any problems with the original buckle coming loose to make the strap release. The biggest difference in the way of improvements for me in (The Future) Icon is the raised O-ring placement (and also the new color combinations ó but I would totally still order Logic Blue if I had to do it over again; possibly, Stealth Black). So if it came down to turning my current Icon in for a new version later, I would totally hold onto the bag that I have. I also realize that most people find the strap adjustment more challenging to do than I ultimately did (using a Tom Bihn ruler, which I carry in one of the interior Icon pockets, and which is also an optimal size for the Handy Little Things, made it easier to slide the strap into the buckle at my selected optimal length). With all those factors understood, I would totally get one of the just restocked original design Icons for $50. I note that a number of Icon users wear it without the shoulder pad.

HTH

moriond

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy : The blog post about the Icon changes says "Please also note that we won’t be making the Alphaviolet or Burnt Orange options for the foreseeable future, if ever again, so if you like those colors, order a first edition (The Original) Icon." I don't see either of those colors available, though--are they already gone an hour after you posted that, or are they going up later, or what's the plan for those?

I don't remember seeing either Burnt Orange or Alphaviolet Icons up to now, but I may have forgotten! I'll jump on a Burnt Orange Icon now if they're available. I'm looking forward to the updated Icon, but I like the original Icon well enough that I'd be very happy to pick up another color!

The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    @Darcy : The blog post about the Icon changes says "Please also note that we won’t be making the Alphaviolet or Burnt Orange options for the foreseeable future, if ever again, so if you like those colors, order a first edition (The Original) Icon." I don't see either of those colors available, though--are they already gone an hour after you posted that, or are they going up later, or what's the plan for those?

I don't remember seeing either Burnt Orange or Alphaviolet Icons up to now, but I may have forgotten! I'll jump on a Burnt Orange Icon now if they're available. I'm looking forward to the updated Icon, but I like the original Icon well enough that I'd be very happy to pick up another color!
    Good catch. I'll take a look when I'm at the factory tomorrow (working remotely right now) because I'm pretty sure we have at least some and they didn't go up tonight as planned.

The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Darcy. Any chance you can say what these might be? (Without guarantees of course.)
    Should have an update on this tomorrow!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    With all those factors understood, I would totally get one of the just restocked original design Icons for $50. I note that a number of Icon users wear it without the shoulder pad.
    I may have just ordered four of these for friends....(well, I'm keeping the Stealth one)
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post

@aedifica ,

Since you have an account on Ravelry, you can look at the picture of the Burnt Orange Icon with Ultraviolet zippers that @brendabethman posted in the Tom Bihn Knitting Bags forum.

HTH

moriond

ETA: Alternatively, you can see the image for the Alphaviolet Icon with Wasabi zippers here:
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-icon_alpha_wasabi_large-jpg

And here’s the Burnt Orange Icon with Ultraviolet zippers:
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-icon_burnt_purple_large-jpg

I saved links to these items in my account wishlist, and that allows me to bring up the product page image for each (as long as the product page stil exists; if they delete the entry for the products, as has happened for some retired products, then the corresponding item disappears from the wishlist, and there is no way to see the linked image)
    Last edited by moriond; 03-29-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, will the Synik 30 be offered again in Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Iberian 200 Halcyon?

Page 150 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast