Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 151 of 170 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2546
    Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post

I saved links to these items in my account wishlist, and that allows me to bring up the product page image for each (as long as the product page stil exists; if they delete the entry for the products, as has happened for some retired products, then the corresponding item disappears from the wishlist, and there is no way to see the linked image)
    Your wishlist must be huge! I wonder if there is an item limit...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wei0323 View Post
    Hello, will the Synik 30 be offered again in Deep Blue 525 Ballistic/Iberian 200 Halcyon?
    Welcome to the Forums @wei0323 ! @Darcy would be able to answer your question

Just so you know, the factory is not making bags at this time due to the pandemic...they're making face masks

Check out this blog post:
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/maskupdates

We're glad you're here and hope you are well... check out the rest of the Forums and chime in with any questions you have Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @wei0323 ,

Welcome to the forums. You can try contacting customer support, but best guess is no, the Deep Blue/Iberian color combination won’t be offered again since Iberian 200d Halcyon has been retired

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    06/04/2019 Updates

We've decided to retire the following colors. The (timeline) next to the fabric name is our best estimate as to how much longer we'll be able to offer the color in various bags and accessories.

Nordic 400 Halcyon (2 months)
    Iberian 200 Halcyon (2 months)
    Wasabi 200 Halcyon (4-6 months)

This news may come as a surprise, especially because Iberian and Wasabi have been around for so long. Our current plan is to offer a rotating "limited edition" color of 200d Halcyon in the future (we don't yet have timeline on the new color yet, or even what it'll be!), and it's possible that in a couple of years Iberian or Wasabi are brought back to be that rotating color. In the meantime, though, we look at this as an opportunity to experiment with new colors and give people more variety/options. Without retiring some existing options, we couldn't make space (like, literal physical space!) for new colors.
    The last production batch that used Iberian was in January (accessories in the form of 3D Organize Cubes), and these all have sold out. There are a few remaining larger bags that have Iberian that were made earlier — most notably the Synapse 19 in Deep Blue/Iberian with the original bound backpack straps. Very few Iberian accessories remain: the small travel tray, a few travel stuff sacks, one large snake charmer are some examples. @Perseffect purchased the last Tri-Star in 1050d Navy Ballistic Nylon/Iberian a little over a week ago. You may see a few more Iberian pouches show up later, because these are made from production scrap materials, but you probably won’t see Iberian in larger bags.

This is on top of @G42 ’s comments about the factory not currently being used for active Bag production.

HTH,

moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Your wishlist must be huge! I wonder if there is an item limit...
    Hi @G42 ,

I use the wishlist feature mainly to track availability of item color combinations now, to easily retrieve images of some of these, and to look quickly at restock status. I don’t use this to in the classic sense of “reminding” myself of items that I want — it’s principally to help answer forum questions, and I don’t try to put absolutely every variant color combination of every item into the wishlist. I never used the wishlist feature until after we moved to the new hosting site, and it stored pictures of the items in question.

Since I really like the Icon, and the color combinations with colored zippers are new, I’ve been tracking the varieties on my wishlist.

moriond

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Welcome to the Forums @wei0323 ! @Darcy would be able to answer your question

Just so you know, the factory is not making bags at this time due to the pandemic...they're making face masks

Check out this blog post:

We're glad you're here and hope you are well... check out the rest of the Forums and chime in with any questions you have Smilie
    OK,Thanks a lot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @wei0323 ,

Welcome to the forums. You can try contacting customer support, but best guess is no, the Deep Blue/Iberian color combination won’t be offered again since Iberian 200d Halcyon has been retired

The last production batch that used Iberian was in January (accessories in the form of 3D Organize Cubes), and these all have sold out. There are a few remaining larger bags that have Iberian that were made earlier — most notably the Synapse 19 in Deep Blue/Iberian with the original bound backpack straps. Very few Iberian accessories remain: the small travel tray, a few travel stuff sacks, one large snake charmer are some examples. @Perseffect purchased the last Tri-Star in 1050d Navy Ballistic Nylon/Iberian a little over a week ago. You may see a few more Iberian pouches show up later, because these are made from production scrap materials, but you probably won’t see Iberian in larger bags.

This is on top of @G42 ’s comments about the factory not currently being used for active Bag production.

HTH,

moriond
    OK,Thanks a lot.Smilie

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    @Darcy : The blog post about the Icon changes says "Please also note that we won’t be making the Alphaviolet or Burnt Orange options for the foreseeable future, if ever again, so if you like those colors, order a first edition (The Original) Icon." I don't see either of those colors available, though--are they already gone an hour after you posted that, or are they going up later, or what's the plan for those?

I don't remember seeing either Burnt Orange or Alphaviolet Icons up to now, but I may have forgotten! I'll jump on a Burnt Orange Icon now if they're available. I'm looking forward to the updated Icon, but I like the original Icon well enough that I'd be very happy to pick up another color!
    I *just* added the Burnt Orange and Ultraviolet inventory to the website!

Sorry for any inconvenience related to this, and thank you to @aedifica again for pointing this out!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    I *just* added the Burnt Orange and Ultraviolet inventory to the website!

Sorry for any inconvenience related to this, and thank you to @aedifica again for pointing this out!
    Umm… So those newly added colors for the Icon are the only ones left for ordering now? That was fast!

moriond

Boston; she/her
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm… So those newly added colors for the Icon are the only ones left for ordering now? That was fast!

moriond
    Yeah, it was very fast! It must be @G42 's fault, since she said she ordered some for friends. Big Grin I've just ordered a Burnt Orange Icon, plus the Cloud MCB FS that I've been thinking about for a while.
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aedifica View Post
    Yeah, it was very fast! It must be @G42 's fault, since she said she ordered some for friends. Big Grin I've just ordered a Burnt Orange Icon, plus the Cloud MCB FS that I've been thinking about for a while.
    It was me, I admit it!
    Double win - support my favorite small business and support some friends with a nice gift.

Forum Member
    Phoenix, AZ
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are all of the other colors of the icon sold out already? Or are they still coming?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Are all of the other colors of the icon sold out already? Or are they still coming?
    Hi @Titus ,

The colors of the (Original) Icon that Darcy posted late on 03-29-2020, and that now show up under the In Production category, all sold out in less than a day. The two color combinations of the Icon that she didn’t manage to include on the product page that day, and that @aedifica caught right away, went up a day later, and are still available (Burnt Orange 525d Ballistic Nylon with Ultraviolet zippers and Alphaviolet 525d Ballistic Nylon with Wasabi zippers).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies if this is a silly question, but is there a reason the Synik 22 has so many more "in production" options right now than the Synik 30?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was some scuttlebut floated by Darcy awhile back about a possible new bag that would be larger than the side kick. I had the impression it might be more of a sling bag style. Any more rumors coming about that? Could that be part of the soon to come new previews?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeetaJonsdottir View Post
    Apologies if this is a silly question, but is there a reason the Synik 22 has so many more "in production" options right now than the Synik 30?
    Welcome to the Forums @GeetaJonsdottir !

The Tom Bihn factory is currently making masks, not bags...see this blog post

They are shipping orders still of items in inventory but won't be making anything new for a while. They are also probably not completely up to date on the 'in production' variables.
    If you are waiting on a certain colour combo, just know that it will be a while...

Page 151 of 170 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast