Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2336
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sstj315 View Post
    Is the new Sitka identical in color to the old Sitka?
    Darcy said that the manufacturer still had the original samples from their run of Sitka, unlike the case for Solar, where they had to experiment and send TB new dips (that became Solaris), so it is supposed to be the same. Both Christina and I think that the sample swatch of Sitka is slightly darker -- in her words, Sitka-ish, just as we referred to the new Solaris as Solar-ish in the pre-debut discussions. But, we never really had a discussion about this, because the samples came in March, when everyone was on lockdown from Covid-19, and the TB folks were all geared up for mask-making, so I don't know what the status of this is. I think that it's close enough in color that everyone who loved Sitka will also love this, but that's just my impression YMMV. Maybe @Darcy can address this and tell us when new products might appear, 'cause I really don't know any details.

moriond

Forum Member
    Central NY
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Darcy said that the manufacturer still had the original samples from their run of Sitka, unlike the case for Solar, where they had to experiment and send TB new dips (that became Solaris), so it is supposed to be the same. Both Christina and I think that the sample swatch of Sitka is slightly darker -- in her words, Sitka-ish, just as we referred to the new Solaris as Solar-ish in the pre-debut discussions. But, we never really had a discussion about this, because the samples came in March, when everyone was on lockdown from Covid-19, and the TB folks were all geared up for mask-making, so I don't know what the status of this is. I think that it's close enough in color that everyone who loved Sitka will also love this, but that's just my impression YMMV. Maybe @Darcy can address this and tell us when new products might appear, 'cause I really don't know any details.

moriond
    Thank you, moriond. Looking forward to hearing more from Darcy in the near future. Sitka is one of my absolute favorites.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will the Luminary 15 be available in some of the newer colors -- the wonderful coyote 525, or wilderness, or ursa -- sometime this year?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azilet View Post
    Will the Luminary 15 be available in some of the newer colors -- the wonderful coyote 525, or wilderness, or ursa -- sometime this year?
    Hi @azlet,

I think @Darcy answered your question in this post (#2206, dated 03-05-2020), earlier in this thread. as far as I know, these plans haven’t changed, and the Luminary 15 is on the list of bags to be made relatively quickly as part of the planned restock in their recent blog post outlining the order in which this will get done.

I’ll excerpt the part of Darcy’s reply that deals specifically with the Luminary 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Yes! We'll start making these soon. Here's the planned colors:

The Luminary 15-Ursa Brown 525 Ballistic/Island 210 Ballistic
    The Luminary 15-Wilderness Green 525 Ballistic/Coyote 210 Ballistic
    The Luminary 15-Coyote 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210 Ballistic
    The Luminary 15-Constellation Blue 525 Ballistic/Cloud 210
    HTH

moriond

ETA:Note that thé quoted reply was specifically addressing your question about the new color combinations; this wasn’t meant to imply these were the only colors they were planning to make for the Luminary 15
    Last edited by moriond; 06-09-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see Sitka!

On another color note, can someone compare the colors Cloud and NW Sky for me?

Minneapolis
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by labrain View Post
    On another color note, can someone compare the colors Cloud and NW Sky for me?
    Here you go, Northwest Sky halcyon on the left from the interior of my Western Flyer and Cloud ballistic on the right from the interior of my Synik.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-img_0814-jpeg
    S25 | TS | WF | YD

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is just what I needed to make my decision. Thank you!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads up: looks like a lot of random stuff is showing as available today in small quantities... maybe the returns have caught up.

ETA: Including some Guide's Editions
    Last edited by G42; 06-11-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Heads up: looks like a lot of random stuff is showing as available today in small quantities... maybe the returns have caught up.

ETA: Including some Guide's Editions
    I have been regretting not getting a Nordic/UV MB before they were gone. While browsing this morning I spotted “in stock” and quickly pounced. Now the added anticipation while waiting for my preorder!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't seen this blog post:

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/limitedmaskcolors
    @Darcy - since the new colours are going up each day in sequence, is there a way to hold an order so that if people want a couple colours they all ship at once...? Or do you think you have enough that just waiting until Friday is fine?
    Having different colours is great to differentiate within a family and/or by day... thanks Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Germany
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy I just saw that the SG is now called Shadow Guide V1 and is in production... And the padded hip belt shows up as Shadow Guide V1 & V2 padded hip belt. Does that mean we can expect to see that smaller Shadow Guide soon (I assume V2 is the smaller size)?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    If you haven't seen this blog post:

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/limitedmaskcolors
    @Darcy - since the new colours are going up each day in sequence, is there a way to hold an order so that if people want a couple colours they all ship at once...? Or do you think you have enough that just waiting until Friday is fine?
    Having different colours is great to differentiate within a family and/or by day... thanks Smilie
    The way it'll work is: each day, there will be one S/M color offered and one M/L color offered. Basically, the thing that makes it possible for our shipping crew of two people to ship thousands upon thousands of face masks is for there to be one color in each size. We're working on a system that may allow us to hold orders by request, but it's not quite ready yet and manually holding orders isn't possible right now because it's not systemized. So, if someone wants Light Blue and Purple masks, for example, they'll need to place two separate orders on Monday and Wednesday that'll ship out separately. We know this isn't ideal (hopefully that shipping is $4 helps a bit!) but still wanted to offer these colors while we can.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    @Darcy I just saw that the SG is now called Shadow Guide V1 and is in production... And the padded hip belt shows up as Shadow Guide V1 & V2 padded hip belt. Does that mean we can expect to see that smaller Shadow Guide soon (I assume V2 is the smaller size)?
    Yes, the Shadow Guide V2 will be coming soon-ish, and it will include the smaller size. Hope to share more on that soon.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

California
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like the link is dead.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The way it'll work is: each day, there will be one S/M color offered and one M/L color offered. Basically, the thing that makes it possible for our shipping crew of two people to ship thousands upon thousands of face masks is for there to be one color in each size.
    That makes sense, thanks!

And woot! for the smaller SG!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomepants View Post
    It looks like the link is dead.
    It did go 404... perhaps it wasn't supposed to be live when I found it (!)...usually I get an email after a new blog post and don't recall seeing one, so it might have been posted early as an oooops.

Basically, it was as alluded to above, one colour S/M and one colour M/L each day next week. The S/M were the ones in newer colours & there was a pic... a red, green, purple, light blue, and I forget the 5th... the M/L were the black and dark navy I think.