Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 156 of 159 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2373
    France
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The way it'll work is: each day, there will be one S/M color offered and one M/L color offered. Basically, the thing that makes it possible for our shipping crew of two people to ship thousands upon thousands of face masks is for there to be one color in each size. We're working on a system that may allow us to hold orders by request, but it's not quite ready yet and manually holding orders isn't possible right now because it's not systemized. So, if someone wants Light Blue and Purple masks, for example, they'll need to place two separate orders on Monday and Wednesday that'll ship out separately. We know this isn't ideal (hopefully that shipping is $4 helps a bit!) but still wanted to offer these colors while we can.
    I well appreciate it adds complexity, but do hope that new colour mask orders can in some way be held and grouped for shipping as costs outside of USA are significantly higher than $4. The Tom Bihn masks are great design and very happy to support the company and also the mask donations, and a few new colours would be wonderful. But no way to justify shipping cost of separate daily orders.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mask update! We've donated over 55,000 masks and have made over 165,000 masks. Thank you to all of you for your support; we literally couldn't have done this without you.

I also want to recognize how our entire crew has rallied around what has been a monumental shift; over the course of the last three months, we have reorganized our business operations, manufacturing, shipping, customer service around a totally new product (cloth face masks). If you had told me five months ago that we would have accomplished what we've accomplished in these three months, I would have thought you were nuts! It's pretty amazing how our crew has adapted to these changes. And now we're adapting to yet another change; continuing our effort to make reusable cloth face masks *and* pre-orders *and* bags for stock. Interestingly, when new people have found our company because we're making masks, they have tended to assume we are a large business; when we tell them there's less than 50 of us, they are rather shocked, which we take in as a compliment and as recognition of the efforts of our crew Smilie

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and for being here, especially during these difficult times.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    @Darcy and TB Crew, please, please, please make M/L masks in Light Blue, Purple and Graphite!!!!!

While my head is quite small, the cap, the peninsula that is my nose forces me to wear the bigger size, otherwise, it doesn't go all the way down to the chin.

The really hot weather makes the black color of my present M/L masks difficult to deal with, because they attract heat.

Also keep us posted when you make all cotton ones!

Thank you so very, very, very, very, exponentially very much for making and donating such a great and essential product!

Also thank you for allowing hybrid bag and masks orders. Smilie
    I am not sure if we'll be able to make M/L masks in those colors anytime soon, but your request is noted for the future Smilie There will be a new mid-blue in M/L at some point in the next month!

Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    @Darcy , are there any plans to have the new colors in the M/L size?
    See above; we expect to have a M/L option in a very nice new mid-blue sometime in the next month. Smilie

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    I well appreciate it adds complexity, but do hope that new colour mask orders can in some way be held and grouped for shipping as costs outside of USA are significantly higher than $4. The Tom Bihn masks are great design and very happy to support the company and also the mask donations, and a few new colours would be wonderful. But no way to justify shipping cost of separate daily orders.
    I hear you and, at the same time, am sorry to say that it's just not within our capabilities right now to hold orders for mask colors. Sorry about that. On the bright side, there will be more mask options and colors in the future, as well as some new pre-order opportunities and they may align schedule-wise, fate willing Smilie
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the Pilot's been updated with the four new 525d ballistic colors. Coming late-Julyish, according to the newest blog post.

EDIT: The Cadet has been updated as well.
    Last edited by Skirata44; 06-22-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Purple masks are very nice. Am I correct in thinking this is not actually a color that's been used in bags?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maker's Bags 'in production' have been updated
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if there are any plans on making ghost whale pouches in the new 525d ballistic colors?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if there are any plans on making ghost whale pouches in the new 525d ballistic colors?
    They'll eventually show up, but the OPs are made from scraps, so they have to accumulate enough scraps from the new colours and then work them into the next GW production run. With the production schedule all topsy-turvey from the pandemic, it may take a while...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    They'll eventually show up, but the OPs are made from scraps, so they have to accumulate enough scraps from the new colours and then work them into the next GW production run. With the production schedule all topsy-turvey from the pandemic, it may take a while...
    Thanks, good to know! Can't wait to get my hands on a 525d coyote ghost whale, I really don't like 210 as a pouch fabric, I've decided.

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering-with 1050d ballistic being phased out, what's going to happen to stuff like the pocket pouch, q kit or ballistic organizer pouches?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering-with 1050d ballistic being phased out, what's going to happen to stuff like the pocket pouch, q kit or ballistic organizer pouches?
    I don't know that TB has said anything in particular... to me, none of those seem to structurally *require* 1050, so I would assume they would eventually migrate to the 525 ballistic scraps... the only one I would slightly question would be the larger Q-Kit (small) but even that feels like it would be fine in 525... maybe @Darcy will share Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi @Darcy
    are Original (white grid black) 400d halcyon and 200d Wasabi basically out now, except for the items currently available and the handful in production...?

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has there been a discussion of a new color, “Acuity 200 Halcyon”?

Forum Member
    Buffalo, NY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    First I've heard of it, fantastic catch. I did a quick google search and it turns out that the travel stuff sacks have them listed as a color option, alongside Sitka. No pictures yet of either, though.

EDIT: The 3D organizer cubes (fabric and clear) also have both Acuity and Sitka as a color option, and the Everyday Cubelet actually seems to have a picture of it! Looks like it's going to be a very, very light blue. Maybe a replacement/alternative to Northwest Sky as an interior color?
    Last edited by Skirata44; 07-16-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I've heard of it, fantastic catch. I did a quick google search and it turns out that the travel stuff sacks have them listed as a color option, alongside Sitka. No pictures yet of either, though.

EDIT: The 3D organizer cubes (fabric and clear) also have both Acuity and Sitka as a color option, and the Everyday Cubelet actually seems to have a picture of it! Looks like it's going to be a very, very light blue. Maybe a replacement/alternative to Northwest Sky as an interior color?
    Oohhh! I missed the Everyday Cubelet! That’s pretty! Thanks, Skirata44!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderlust77 View Post
    Nice spotting that! I'll post more about it tomorrow... in the meantime, here's the Every Day Cubelet in Acuity. It is indeed a new 200d Halcyon color.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-everyday-cubelet-acuity-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Page 156 of 159 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast