Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 159 of 162 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2420
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    There are some random items that look like return restocks showing up this afternoon... medium & small Yeoman, a Synik 22, couple Luminary 12s, there was an aubergine PU (gone now)...could be others, I just happened to notice these
    Was that the Synik 22 in Wilderness that I saw earlier? Pretty color. I've been impressed by how rapidly the Monster Trucks have been disappearing.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Was that the Synik 22 in Wilderness that I saw earlier? Pretty color. I've been impressed by how rapidly the Monster Trucks have been disappearing.
    Yes, it was Wilderness... I have a Wilderness SN22 GE - it is indeed a great colour, especially with Coyote.

I, ahh, may have bought the Burnt Orange L12 that wandered in as a return... I have the first version in Olive/Canyon (still love that colour combo) so now I'll see this version...

ETA, and yes, the Monster Trucks have gone fairly quickly... I was debating over Wilderness for that and waited too long - they sold out within a day or so. I have a Nebulous MT in my car and an Ursa in my living room holding exercise stuff - they're pretty useful.
    Last edited by G42; 07-30-2020 at 12:17 PM. Reason: I live for typos
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh that Burnt Orange L12 must be gorgeous! yes, Luminaries are like gremlins, they like to multiply!

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Yes, it was Wilderness... I have a Wilderness SN22 GE - it indeed a great colour, especially with Coyote.

I, ahh, may have bought the Burnt Orange L12 that wandered in as a return... I have the first version in Olive/Canyon (still love that colour combo) so now I'll see this version...

ETA, and yes, the Monster Trucks have gone fairly quickly... I was debating over Wilderness for that and waited too long - they sold out within a day or so. I have a Nebulous MT in my car and an Ursa in my living room holding exercise stuff - they're pretty useful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any plans to make the Empire Builder bag in any other colors besides black?

I just recently got a Cadet bag for my laptop, and I like it a lot, but I wouldn’t mind also having something a little bit bigger. The Empire Builder looks like it would work great, but man... I’d REALLY like to see more color options for it before I buy one. Maybe a nice burnt orange body with a steel-grey flap?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDM View Post
    Are there any plans to make the Empire Builder bag in any other colors besides black?

I just recently got a Cadet bag for my laptop, and I like it a lot, but I wouldn’t mind also having something a little bit bigger. The Empire Builder looks like it would work great, but man... I’d REALLY like to see more color options for it before I buy one. Maybe a nice burnt orange body with a steel-grey flap?
    Welcome to the Forums @GDM !

Maybe @Darcy can chime in on future colours for the Empire Builder
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @G42

Forgive me for the possible blasphemy (I'm new to TB) and also the non sequitur, but is this the item you mention in your signature or is Sapphire Dyneema something else?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143671756361

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @Surealle,

No, the picture you’re showing is a New Nordic 400d Halcyon Shop Bag. Back when this material was called “Dyneema” (actiually, à specific brand name for the material, which is one of the reasons the changed the fabric name to Halcyon), at the time the vary first Aeronaut were made, and this material was used as a lining, they first made Packing Cubes in Steel colored (200d) Dyneema, and then made the first Shop Bags out of 200d Steel Dyneema (now called Halcyon). Very briefly, they had a second color called Sapphire Dyneema, which was used for yarn stuff sacks and some pouches, and a few shop bags were made in this material. It’s close to the original (white grid) Nordic Dyneema in color, but more of a royal blue shade. It’s shown in @maverick ’s video on how to fold a Shop Bag. There are also pictures of it from the Q-Kit debut, when @NWhikergal spoke of visiting the Tom Bihn store to look at the Q-Kit and mentioned that one of customer support folks rolled a Small Shop Bag into a small Q-Kit. (This is the larger size — the Mini Q-Kit was introduced first). I had a Sapphire Shop Bag that I carry in my Synapse, and rolled it into a Burnt Orange Q-Kit and took a picture just after that comment was posted.

HTH

I’ll add links with pictures after I post this (on my Phone)

moriond

Folding the Shop Bag video
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=34bCKoCmBpU

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-210ee276-b5f2-4274-aa59-216afe33526d-jpeg

OK This is just a quick snapshot of my (very old) Sapphire Shop Bag on the left, and an Original (white grid) Nordic Shop Bag on the right. This is old enough (years before 400d Dyneema was introduced) that there is no diagonal cross hatching on the squares. It’s even before they introduced Solar Dyneema. The label says “Portable Culture” I think they only had enough material left to make up a few of these that Christmas. My other recollection of that order is that I was shocked to receive a phone call from Tom (because everyone pitches in to get orders shipped out, and the company was really small then). He explained to me that everything in my order was in stock except for a Hunter Style Kit, so did I want it shipped then? He was shouting over instructions to Darcy, who was packing the Sapphire Shop Bag. Up to that time I’d spoken to Darcy on the phone, but I’d never spoken to Tom, so answering the phone and having him introduce himself (“Hello, this is Tom…”) was something of a shock. (I never did get that Kit in Hunter, although I did get one in Forest)
    Last edited by moriond; 08-05-2020 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Add a picture of Sapphire Shop Bag

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any info out there about the future of Seapine Green? Like will it ever make its way into bigger bags like the Synapses and Syniks? I absolutely LOVE that color, and would be highly tempted to sell my beautiful Wilderness S19 to get a Seapine S19.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    @G42

Forgive me for the possible blasphemy (I'm new to TB) and also the non sequitur, but is this the item you mention in your signature or is Sapphire Dyneema something else?
    As always, @moriond has all the fantastic history and links!
    @Surrealle I have no expectation of finding anything in Sapphire, it's just fun to have some things on my unicorn list that will always be out there Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darknova306 View Post
    Is there any info out there about the future of Seapine Green? Like will it ever make its way into bigger bags like the Synapses and Syniks? I absolutely LOVE that color, and would be highly tempted to sell my beautiful Wilderness S19 to get a Seapine S19.
    Not sure if there have been updates much since, but here's a blog post from the 2019 debut

https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/2019debut#more630

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The RFID blocking Passport Pouches and Daylight Briefcases appear to be restocked

Forum Member
    NC Appalachians
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my brief search I couldn't find any mention of this yet, and it may be a little early, but has TB posted or said anything about a 2020 November debut? Covid has disrupted so much of *normal* life, but I hope TB has had some time to work on new designs... maybe something other than face masks. Wink

P.S. While we're wish listing, I would love to see an updated version of the FJN without the binder rings... maybe suited for an A5 sketchbook or journal.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
    In my brief search I couldn't find any mention of this yet, and it may be a little early, but has TB posted or said anything about a 2020 November debut? Covid has disrupted so much of *normal* life, but I hope TB has had some time to work on new designs... maybe something other than face masks. Wink
    I’m not sure about the November timetable, but I think the next big thing in the pipeline is the re-designed Shadow Guide backpack, that will be made with the new edgeless straps along with some other design upgrades to the pockets, and will also be made in a version that smaller people can wear in addition to the original size.They’ve already ordered the production dies, and there are a few other pictures of the prototypes earlier on in the thread that I’m excepting my quote from:
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    The metal dies for the Shadow Guide V2 have been ordered.... once we know they're just about to ship to us, we'll begin the pre-production batch.

In the meantime....

I’m looking forward to the (more minor) release of Side Effects in 200d Halcyon (see earlier in this thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    @moriond has convinced us to offer the Side Effect in 200d Halcyon, and thus it will be made available in Solar, Coyote, and Sitka this year.
    I’m assuming this might also mean Acuity (which wasn’t released as a 200d color back when this statement was made) will show up in a Side Effect

Another post that you might like to look at is the session that the Tom BIHN Facebook Group sponsored with Tom You’ll need to be logged in to be able to view this. This was back in May, and there have already been follow up questions in this thread about some of the designs he talked about (and some are getting pushed back, because this was a discussion about many things early in their design phases).

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 08-08-2020 at 01:30 PM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads-up! The Synik 22, Synik 30, Luminary 15 and Shepherd's Wool Utility Cloth will be restocked tomorrow at 11:00am Pacific Time. Restocking by the end of the month: HLT 1 & 2 and the Ristretto.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
    We're working on the remainder of this year's production schedule and I hope to share some updates soon... with the caveat that, given the times, we're prepared to be even more responsive and nimble in our production priorities than usual!
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok peoples.... there are Sitka, Acuity, Solaris, Coyote options now listed as 'in production' for Small & Large Travel Trays....Handy Little things...and Everyday (Travel) Cubelets

Big Grin

@Darcy I'm working on a fine collection of the Cubelets - hope that Acuity and Sitka make it to those too!

Page 159 of 162 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast