Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2420
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve been away from the forums for a while, and I tried searching but couldnít find the info...did we ever get dimensions on the Icon 2? Now that Iíve been using my Icon for, well, all of this year, thereís so many times when I wish it was just an inch or two bigger. If I could slip in my iPad Pro 11Ē more easily it would be fantastic. And if it came with a D-ring or two on the outside just below the strap to clip things on so I didnít have to sew one on myself, so much the better!

Germany
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SparklingBlue View Post
    I’ve been away from the forums for a while, and I tried searching but couldn’t find the info...did we ever get dimensions on the Icon 2? Now that I’ve been using my Icon for, well, all of this year, there’s so many times when I wish it was just an inch or two bigger. If I could slip in my iPad Pro 11” more easily it would be fantastic. And if it came with a D-ring or two on the outside just below the strap to clip things on so I didn’t have to sew one on myself, so much the better!

All the changes are described in this blog post: https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/originalicon

I don't think the size changed.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Iíve been away from the forums for a while, and I tried searching but couldnít find the info...did we ever get dimensions on the Icon 2? Now that Iíve been using my Icon for, well, all of this year, thereís so many times when I wish it was just an inch or two bigger. If I could slip in my iPad Pro 11Ē more easily it would be fantastic. And if it came with a D-ring or two on the outside just below the strap to clip things on so I didnít have to sew one on myself, so much the better!
    Hi @SparklingBlue ,

I know that I answered your earlier question about suspending from the Icon strap with a suggested hack (details given in a linked post in the Share your Bag Hacks and Creative Uses thread)

See some of @Cristina 's pictures of using the new mini size of Double Swivel Carabiners with the Icon in the Double carabiners pics thread:

She's showing how you can use these to lock the zippers with a keystrap attached to the back pocket. But you can also use them to attach the Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches, or other small items:

For me, the biggest improvement in the new Icon design is the additional O-rings and the fact that they raised the position of the O-rings in all the pockets to be higher up. I never had problems with the strap adjustment (after I first figured out how this worked) or with it coming loose. I still think that Logic Blue is the most awesome choice for the Icon, and it's partly because of the 630d fabric, as well as the color. (I've only just had a chance to see the Constellation/Ultraviolet combination in the Icon, which is also very pretty). Like you, I carry an 11" iPad Pro in my Icon.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Orlando, FL
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know bags aren't people's high priority when staying at home, but is there any word on the trinity of Trinity bags?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I know bags aren't people's high priority when staying at home, but is there any word on the trinity of Trinity bags?
    There's a separate thread on the Trinity. As of June 13, this is (I think) the latest word from Darcy:

"Trinity update: given that many folks travel plans are delayed, Tom's taken that as an opportunity to spend a little more time refining the design. At this point, my guess is it'll debut late this year, or early next."
    Last edited by Buffalonian; 08-12-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    I’m Patiently waiting for the Trinity also. My plans to travel are no longer delayed...according to the powers to be.
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @BWeaves ,

This is not about the Trinity, but I know that you were disappointed when they stopped making the Truck in 210d Ballistic Nylon, because you don’t need the heavier weight fabric for your knitting related use. I just received the Truck in 630d Logic Blue and Seapine, and posted about this yesterday in the Truck Family thread. I think the colors are awesome, the weight is between 210d and 525d Ballistic, and there is more structural support than with 210d BallisticNylon. You probably don’t need another Truck, but I really like this option. Seapine is already sold out, Nebulous Grey is low in stock, but my favorite, Logic Blue, is still available.

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @moriond ! Yes I do remember you now! I do love my Icon...I just find myself wishing for a mere inch more! 😂

So is the Icon that is up now for $75 the new design?

@b1gsky thank you for the blog post link!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi @moriond ! Yes I do remember you now! I do love my Icon...I just find myself wishing for a mere inch more! ��

So is the Icon that is up now for $75 the new design?

@b1gsky thank you for the blog post link!
    Yes, this version of the Icon has been on sale since 7/21/2020 (see either Darcy's thread Mega-restock on Tuesday 07/21! V2 & V3 Masks and Icon, Trucks, more... or the corresponding blog post about the restock that she references. You can see that the product page shows that you can now access the shoulder strap from inside the bag:

The product page also carries a note:
    05/20/20 Update: the design of the Icon has been updated. Read all about it in this post on our blog.
    (The product page description still needs to be updated for the number of added O-rings.) In terms of the colors, Wilderness/Coyote has sold out early:
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-icon_wild_coy_1024x1024-jpg

Coyote/Coyote just recently sold out:
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-icon_coy_coy_large-jpg

Constellation/Ultraviolet is low in stock:
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-icon_constell_ultra_large-jpg

A good way to keep up to date when you're going to be away from site for a while is by signing up for their Newsletter (at the bottom right of the forum web pages).

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ordered the L15 in this combo. Canít wait.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, coyote and wilderness green is an awesome combo.

Montana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tofulosophy View Post
    Wow, coyote and wilderness green is an awesome combo.
    It really is! My husband even commented on how much he liked the color combo on my Icon.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-img_20200729_150322-jpg
    Navy/Wasabi S25, Sitka Mini OP,
    Nordic/Iberian SE, Nordic PCSB, Navy Medium Clear OP, Iberian 8" Key Strap, Ultraviolet 8" Key Strap,
    Black/NWS SK, Ultraviolet Large OP, Fjord Small TT, Verde Small Double OP, Island Origami Swan, Island 3D OP , Island SSC , Nordic/NWS LCB, Multi Color Clear OW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just recently discovered the Synik 30 and I must say Iím not really in love with any one color way, so I emailed TB to see if there was a possibility of doing a Deep Blue 525 / Island 200 color way... kinda figuring that this color way has already been done in the past and it was just a matter of asking and they would simply say ďoh ya, were planning on having more of those by XXX;Ē however, much to my surprised they said theyíve never done this color way. Personally, I think the contrasting blues would be one of the most desirable combinations... who else agrees? Iím curious to see how many people would be interested in seeing this color way made and if it would sway you into purchasing a Synik 30 if produced...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums @pcmike !
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if they'll be coming out with more colors for the Medium Cafe Bag (specifically something darker like a gray, brown, or dark green)?

I had one in gray years ago but ended up giving it away to a relative when I upgraded to a Large Cafe Bag. Now I can't find my Large Cafe Bag after moving (another casualty of too many boxes located in too many places) and they dont make them anymore to boot. As a result, I'm looking to maybe getting another Medium Cafe Bag or another one of their shoulder bags.

Speaking of, is the shoulder strap the same old "rough" textured nylon or is it the newer seatbelt-like material (I ask bc I have a Daylight briefcase I use exclusively for work that has a shoulder strap that's smooth and seatbelt like)?