Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 161 of 171 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2556
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I was in camp Wilderness for sure until I saw these Constellation shots

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daaarn View Post
    Does anyone know if they'll be coming out with more colors for the Medium Cafe Bag (specifically something darker like a gray, brown, or dark green)?

I had one in gray years ago but ended up giving it away to a relative when I upgraded to a Large Cafe Bag. Now I can't find my Large Cafe Bag after moving (another casualty of too many boxes located in too many places) and they dont make them anymore to boot. As a result, I'm looking to maybe getting another Medium Cafe Bag or another one of their shoulder bags.

Speaking of, is the shoulder strap the same old "rough" textured nylon or is it the newer seatbelt-like material (I ask bc I have a Daylight briefcase I use exclusively for work that has a shoulder strap that's smooth and seatbelt like)?
    The cafe bags have been made in Nebulous 525 ballistic which is a lovely dark grey and since Black is the most popular color overall, that's usually also an option. I would expect to see both once the 'in production' colours are updated by TB. The only brown in the offerings right now is Ursa 525 ballistic and the only real green is Wilderness 525 ballistic - both are new colours and seem to be making their way into a fair number of bags.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates on a yellow/solar PIKA? I had asked earlier, but no sign of it going into production.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kimonostereo View Post
    Any updates on a yellow/solar PIKA? I had asked earlier, but no sign of it going into production.
    Your original request and reply was back in January...
    https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post187223

Since then, the pandemic happened.... and TB is experiencing delays on a unique component for the P.I.K.A - see post below - so it won't actually go into production for a while. Often you'll see the colours 'in production' update when an item is actually closer to being ready... given that @Darcy earlier stated it would be made plus it seems TB is using Solaris on everything (yay!) I would assume it's just the component delay.

Right now, the page says 'late 2020'... so my reco is that you sign up for the email notification on the page. Consider checking back into these Forums once a week or so, see if anything new is updated.

https://forums.tombihn.com/general-b...tml#post191974
    Last edited by G42; 08-24-2020 at 10:22 PM. Reason: added clarity
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update and link! I'll be checking in every now and then to see if it's been updated.

Germany
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added a Truck in Constellation to my order of the stealth Icon on a whim which arrived today. And that blue is georgeous! Hard to do it justice in pictures... But I love it. I'm really glad I went for it. I can't wait to take the Truck grocery shopping.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like some restocks hit of Med Cafe Bag, Ristretto, possibly some others I wasn't tracking, plus the Travel Trays in the new colours.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys know about most of these (thanks @G42 !) -- here's a new bog post with the full list of this week's restocks: https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/aug2020restock

Note that this may be the last time the Shepherd's Wool Utility Cloth is available.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    You guys know about most of these (thanks @G42 !) -- here's a new bog post with the full list of this week's restocks: https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/aug2020restock

Note that this may be the last time the Shepherd's Wool Utility Cloth is available.
    @Darcy are the only “limited edition” Halcyon fabrics Sitka, Acuity and Solaris, or is Coyote also a limited edition fabric? I was reading the blog post about the restock and couldn’t tell based on the way one sentence was phrased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Germany
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy - I remember when Ursa, Wilderness and Constellation were introduced they were called limited edition too, is that right? Are you going to keep one or more of them in regular rotation and how long will bags be offered in those three colors? I just discovered what a gorgeous blue Constellation is...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-Pilot

Any estimate as to when the Co-Pilot will be run with the new colors--Ursa, Wilderness, Constellation?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDM View Post
    Are there any plans to make the Empire Builder bag in any other colors besides black?

I just recently got a Cadet bag for my laptop, and I like it a lot, but I wouldn’t mind also having something a little bit bigger. The Empire Builder looks like it would work great, but man... I’d REALLY like to see more color options for it before I buy one. Maybe a nice burnt orange body with a steel-grey flap?
    I don’t mean to be a bother, but it looks like my question might’ve gotten skipped here.

I think someone said @Darcy was the one to ask about this?

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDM View Post
    I don’t mean to be a bother, but it looks like my question might’ve gotten skipped here.

I think someone said @Darcy was the one to ask about this?
    Hi @GDM ,

If you want a definitive answer, you can send an email query to customer support, but I'm pretty certain that the answer is "No, there are no plans to make the Empire Builder in colors other than Black/Steel or Steel/Steel in the near future." There's a sticky thread under this (General Bag Discussion) forum titled New Bags and Colors Ready To Order . It's a best-effort attempt to track major bag and accessory releases -- and the pressures of splitting sales with mask production, as well as having a lot of the staff remotely supporting production means that they haven't kept up with recent production batches since Covid-19. However, if I do a search through all the production batches of the Empire Builder listed there (since 2015), the bag has only been offered in the colors Black/Steel and Steel/Steel (for the flap colors).

This tallies with my personal memory, which is that only these colors were offered back through at least 2014, and the end of 2013. You have to go back to 2010, 2011, or 2012 (or earlier, except that there were more color offerings around 2011 and 2012) to find additional color combinations. I checked this by using the Wayback Machine of the Internet Archive. Here are some of the 2012 colors that I can't find in much later years: (Cardinal, Forest, and Navy)

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-eb5-jpg
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-eb3-jpg
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-eb2-jpg

(There were some earlier colors, too, like Indigo -- this is just to give a flavor and to show that I've checked this.)

For many products, they have been moving from 1050d Ballistic Nylon to the new, lighter weight 525d Ballistic Nylon now being used for your Cadet. There's been a lot of discussion about this (see, for example, the All bags changing from Ballistic 1050 to 525 - is that a good idea? thread started in late 2019. The most rugged bags (including the Empire Builder) are still offered in 1050d Ballistic Nylon. That probably means that the color options for the Empire Builder will likely remain Black and Steel as long as they continue to use 1050d Ballistic Nylon for its fabrication. And it's unlikely that they'll retool this in the middle of trying to keep up with production of existing stock, new products, and new releases in the current manufacturing environment.

This is just my impression, so feel free to contact customer support for a definitive answer.

HTH

moriond

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
    @Darcy are the only “limited edition” Halcyon fabrics Sitka, Acuity and Solaris, or is Coyote also a limited edition fabric? I was reading the blog post about the restock and couldn’t tell based on the way one sentence was phrased.
    Ah! Coyote, Solaris, Sitka, and Acuity are all limited edition colors. Once they're gone, they're gone, and we may or may not bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    @Darcy - I remember when Ursa, Wilderness and Constellation were introduced they were called limited edition too, is that right? Are you going to keep one or more of them in regular rotation and how long will bags be offered in those three colors? I just discovered what a gorgeous blue Constellation is...
    Yes: Ursa, Wilderness, and Constellation could be limited edition colors. Of the three, it's most likely that we'll keep Ursa around. We did order a good amount of each color, so they should be around for a while longer Smilie

Quote Originally Posted by John1970 View Post
    Any estimate as to when the Co-Pilot will be run with the new colors--Ursa, Wilderness, Constellation?
    My best estimate right now would be early 2021; we're focusing on maintaining flexibility and nimbleness in regards to our production schedule, so for-sure answers will be tough to give for a while.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy For what it's worth, I'm loving the Constellation blue and hope it will stick around too!

Page 161 of 171 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast