Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 162 of 165 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2474
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy

Does the Crew plan to make Cubelet in Acuity and Logic Blue?

I find the Cubelet a perfect small gel bottle or, backup mask holder clipped to my EDC Cubelet.

I would like to get EDC Cubelets and matching color Cubelets in the colors above, UV ones would also be welcomed.

I might have to start washing both after each essential outing and they will need proper air drying time.

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love cubelets in colors that match the EC! At a glance my grass cubelet and grass EC look like one bag when clipped together with the little swivel clips. I've been using cubelets to hold my disinfectant kit too. They're also my favorite accessory so the more colors the better Wink

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cubelet is a perfect accessory from toddlerhood to senior years.

It is so lightweight that it can be carried from rooms to room with everything from small stuffed animals, a small coloring book, color pencils set, pocket games, a deck of cards, emergency meds like inhalers, makeup, masks, candy bar to a pack of tissues.

It is also possible to collect them to color code items.

The Everyday Cubelet is also a great present to everyone to be used as a mini purse, an extra pocket, a "move between rooms carry" of work or study items like pens, mouse/memory card, small deck of index cards/mini notebook.

If your work/study/art/journaling load is any bigger, use the Side Kick for thin A5 books and notebooks, even upgrade to the Daylight Briefcase and/or Daylight Backpack.

I use Original Shop Bags and Swift to hold big items (A4 or bigger) from different hobbies and activities.

I learned my lesson when, many papers, I held in my arms, somewhat slipped in a cascade from one room to another.

Apparently, I didn't learn fast enough because, it happened multiple times, before the "oh put your stuff in a TB Bag" light bulb went on.

Fountain pens, color or watercolor pencils cannot stand this kind of treatment, nor would a freshly painted watercolor, nor important papers.

I also want to point out that both the Everyday Cubelet and Cubelet have really helped, with the pandemic forced, ultra minimalist outdoor carry.
    Last edited by backpack; 09-06-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The EC before the pandemic was a handy bag-within-a-bag for me, both to store loose things and to take with me if I was briefly stepping out from work and didn't want to haul around my beast of a work bag. I would never have thought of it as a solo bag for real walking around, but in the minimalist pandemic-and-civil-unrest time, it's worked fairly well. I can jusssst barely get the minimum into it (technically sub-minimum in that I can't fit my iPad Mini, but beggars can't be choosers). Too small for an afternoon jaunt to the park for reading, but fine for light shopping, especially with a flip-n-tumble tucked inside. Looking forward to it in Acuity.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The EC was an organizer for my Small Cafe Bag, which I might just have to put back in service during the fall and winter because of the need to remove and carry hat, gloves and scarf when entering indoor spaces.

Being European, I am always astonished of the difference between outdoor and indoor temperatures in U.S dwellings, created by cranking out freezing cold A/C in summer and summer like heat in winter.

I am pretty ok with 78 and 79 degrees indoors in summer and enough heat to protect plumbing in winter and bundle up indoors.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did/will the Small Zip-Top Shop Bag ever come in black halcyon? I've seen it in black ballistic and have been waiting for halcyon to show up for quite a while now, and instead of checking back periodically I thought I should confirm that it is actually an option for this bag. I have the Pop tote in black ballistic, but want something lighter and more packable for travel (whenever that resumes again).

I know that not all colors/fabrics are available right now due to production shifts with masks etc., but want to know if I should hold out hope or not.

Thanks!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did/will the Small Zip-Top Shop Bag ever come in black halcyon?
    @moriond is the authority around here on this, but this amateur says no, because I would have purchased one if I'd seen it available. Big Grin
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Truck in Nebulous Gray, Co-Pilot in Black Halcyon/Iberian,Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sd2102 View Post
    Did/will the Small Zip-Top Shop Bag ever come in black halcyon? I've seen it in black ballistic and have been waiting for halcyon to show up for quite a while now, and instead of checking back periodically I thought I should confirm that it is actually an option for this bag. I have the Pop tote in black ballistic, but want something lighter and more packable for travel (whenever that resumes again).

I know that not all colors/fabrics are available right now due to production shifts with masks etc., but want to know if I should hold out hope or not.

Thanks!
    Hi @sd2102 ,
    @sturbridge is correct; the zip-top shop bags (of either size) have never been made in 400d halcyon, which would be the fabric weight (400d) required for shop bags to be made in black halcyon. The original shop bags (with no zip-top -- i.e., predating the July 2018 debut of zip-top version, and before these were retired), were available in both black halcyon and original halcyon. You can check the List - Small Shop Bag thread that @G42 started just before the transition to the Zip-Top Shop Bags for a picture of the original small shop bag in black halcyon (and if you use the arrow at the top of that quote, you can find pictures of the original Large Shop Bag in black halcyon and original halcyon a few posts below my picture of the small shop bag in black halcyon in the parent thread)

In general, there have been few shop bags, packing cube shoulder bags, and travel trays made in 400d halcyon. The first time this happened was because they ran out of 200d Halcyon (see We're temporarily out of: Steel, Wasabi, and Iberian 200d Dyneema/nylon; the scary thing was that the posting date was April 1, 2014, so there were initial fears that this was too good to be true).

I think the problem has always been the competition for using the 400d halcyon fabrics for other large bags (backpacks, luggage, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    @moriond is the authority around here on this, but this amateur says no, because I would have purchased one if I'd seen it available. Big Grin
    I'll just say that this is the kind of information that can be found from running a search of the New Bags and Colors Ready To Order thread, using the "Search thread" option for that forum, and putting in keywords like "zip top shop bag" in an advanced original search, then sorting in ascending order, and choosing only the matches after July 2018. To the extent that they kept pretty good listings of the available colors (pre Covid-19), you can see every option that they made, which was basically the 200d Halcyon colors, and then the 210 ballistic options.

Quote Originally Posted by sd2102 View Post

Thanks!
    I don't know whether this is relevant or not, but there were some forum discussions about the black 210d ballistic being floppier than 200d Halcyon. As an example, see my 03-06-2019 post quoted below, in response to someone who found the PCSB in black 210d floppy:

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    This may be just my observation, but I’ve noted that there are variations in the stiffness of the 210d Ballistic Nylon fabric with color, and unexpectedly the Black 210d Ballistic Nylon in the PCSB is noticeably more pliable than 210d colors like Dawn, Viridian, or Grass.

Based on Ghost Whale Pouches I tried, the more pliable non-black 210d materials appear to be 210d Cloud and Island.

I don’t understand the reason for this, but this might explain the observations made by some forum members that their 210d Ballistic Shop bags tended to sag more than the Halcyon versions, since only Black was offered in 210d Ballistic in the previous pre-order. I don’t recollect that this was true of the Fabric of Black 210d Shop Bags offered in the very first release, but I more frequently use 200d Halcyon versions (if I fold these up), or else I have some preference for using 400d Original Nordic Shop Bags (because I love that color combination).

I very much like the addition of the 210d Ballistic PCSBs, both for the colors and the difference in fabric pliability. I’ll admit that I was hoping they would add some additional organizational pockets inside (closer to the Side Effect /Side Kick designs) as well as the extra O-rings, and predicted that I wouldn’t be alone in this. And I still alternate use of my Halcyon Side Effects to also do Packing Cube Duty — especially the Solar SE.

Although I received the new, thicker, satiny straps, so far I’ve been using the earlier, webbing version (released for the Side Kicks, and also for the earlier, retired, Breve for iPad that was the first bag sold with a 1” Strap with Snaphook style connection ends).

HTH

moriond
    If you click the arrow to the top right of the quoted section, you can read the post in the original context, and also read other comments made by forum members on the same topic.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the super detailed response! I wasn't thinking about the different types of halcyon so I was just waiting for the black color to show up. It looks like my Pop Tote is 525 ballistic so it may not be the best comparison for the 210 ballistic in the shop tote. I'll give it another look then, and see if I own anything that's 210 ballistic so I can get a better sense of that material.

Thanks again!

Germany
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Halcyon SEs are showing up as in production! And it’s not just the limited edition colors, it’s also UV, Island, NWS and Wasabi! I wasn’t in love with any of the limited edition colors, but now I’m thinking of buying one in NWS or - dare I say it - Wasabi.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    The Halcyon SEs are showing up as in production! And it’s not just the limited edition colors, it’s also UV, Island, NWS and Wasabi! I wasn’t in love with any of the limited edition colors, but now I’m thinking of buying one in NWS or - dare I say it - Wasabi.
    I got a Mars Red Synik 30 earlier this year, and I am all in on Wasabi as an accent color for bags on the inside. I'm looking forward to a Wasabi snake charmer, and I've already got a Wasabi 3DOC in there. To me, it's a great complementary color. I've also got some wasabi-like paracord to make some zipper pulls with, but I haven't gotten around to making those yet.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by father_dawg View Post
    I got a Mars Red Synik 30 earlier this year, and I am all in on Wasabi as an accent color for bags on the inside. I'm looking forward to a Wasabi snake charmer, and I've already got a Wasabi 3DOC in there. To me, it's a great complementary color. I've also got some wasabi-like paracord to make some zipper pulls with, but I haven't gotten around to making those yet.
    Please note that we were told Wasabi will retire as a fabric colour... it was originally scheduled to run out in 2019/2020, but the pandemic may have changed the timing.
    @Darcy may be able to share updated timing
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Please note that we were told Wasabi will retire as a fabric colour... it was originally scheduled to run out in 2019/2020, but the pandemic may have changed the timing.
    @Darcy may be able to share updated timing
    Thanks; I'll check on that!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads UP: if you aren't signed up to get the TB emails, the recent one announcing the Design Labs Shadow Guide 33 availability also said that the new V4 masks would debut at the same time: Tuesday 27OCT at 10am Pacific time
    @Darcy - any update on the flannel version of the V2 timing? Smilie
    Last edited by G42; 10-17-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moriond - I see Acuity being used as an interior fabric on S25, Maker's Bag, SN30, etc (haven't gone through the whole site yet) - I think that's new...?

ETA: Black/Sitka too....

Nebulous Grey/Acuity... Ursa/Acuity Side Kicks
    Last edited by G42; 10-23-2020 at 09:03 PM.

Page 162 of 165 FirstFirst ... 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 ... LastLast