Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 163 of 170 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2539
    Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    @moriond - I see Acuity being used as an interior fabric on S25, Maker's Bag, SN30, etc (haven't gone through the whole site yet) - I think that's new...?

ETA: Black/Sitka too....

Nebulous Grey/Acuity... Ursa/Acuity Side Kicks
    Yes, that’s new. Ursa/Acuity sounds nice. Black/Sitka sounds interesting and reminds me of when they went to Black/Grass (210d lining) combinations

Germany
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy A while ago there was talk about a new 400d Halcyon exterior color. Will this still be happening?
    Last edited by b1gsky; 11-01-2020 at 05:06 AM.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    @Darcy A while ago there was talk about a new 400d Halcyon exterior color. Will this still be happening?
    Yes! That new 400d Halcyon color could debut as soon as the end of this year or possibly early next. Once we have a few bags made out of it and can take some photos, I'll share a preview here.

In other news.... about that new Design Lab Edition Packing Cube Shoulder Bag: the new 6, 6 nylon ripstop fabric is a perfect (IMHO) shade of medium blue. We'll also offer that PCSB in the 200d Halcyons and Black and Coyote 210d.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

The far west
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a new blog post with updates on new designs, which bags we're making in the limited edition 200d Halcyon colors, and more newsy news Smilie
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/productionupdates

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original shop bags...woohoo

Forum Member
    Minnesota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    In other news.... about that new Design Lab Edition Packing Cube Shoulder Bag: the new 6, 6 nylon ripstop fabric is a perfect (IMHO) shade of medium blue. We'll also offer that PCSB in the 200d Halcyons and Black and Coyote 210d.
    Count me in as excited for the PCSB!

-5 GMT EST/EDT
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once we have a few bags made out of it and can take some photos, I'll share a preview here.
    Ha! Darcy shared a picture of the new color in the Facebook group just to torment me in black and white. Big Grin
    Proud owner of: Pop Tote in cloud, Aeronaut 30 in steel/iberian, Travel Cubelet in Dawn, Travel Cubelet in Nebulous Grey , SE in steel parapack, SSB in black halcyon, Truck in Nebulous Gray, Co-Pilot in Black Halcyon/Iberian,Pickup Truck in Mars Red Small Zipped shop bag in black, Small Zipped shop bag in Dawn numerous pouches, 3D cubes, Q kits and straps, Cubelets and Ghost Whales!

The far west
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by x3n0n View Post
    Count me in as excited for the PCSB!
    Hoping to have photos of those to share very soon! They'll be done around the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    Ha! Darcy shared a picture of the new color in the Facebook group just to torment me in black and white. Big Grin
    Heehee! That was fun. Here it is for anyone not on FB:

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-new-400d-halcyon-jpg

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Here's a new blog post with updates on new designs, which bags we're making in the limited edition 200d Halcyon colors, and more newsy news Smilie
    https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/productionupdates
    Yay!

Under the Side Kick... Ursa/Acuity is listed twice... I think the 'existing colours' one maybe should be with UV or NWSky...?

And we see you sneaking in some of the remaining Original 400d halcyon on Side Kicks and S25s! Are you sure that some of that couldn't kindve sortve fall into the stack of materials for the original SSB, Cubelets, Everyday Cubelets, Trucks, etc? Big Grin

Great video - good to collect all the tips in once place
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any tidbits about the PCSB? Pockets like the Sidekick? I have been asking for such for years on the annual wish list Smilie.

Love the new halcyon. Looks like a nod to the former Steel - among my favorites.

The far west
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Under the Side Kick... Ursa/Acuity is listed twice... I think the 'existing colours' one maybe should be with UV or NWSky...?

And we see you sneaking in some of the remaining Original 400d halcyon on Side Kicks and S25s! Are you sure that some of that couldn't kindve sortve fall into the stack of materials for the original SSB, Cubelets, Everyday Cubelets, Trucks, etc? Big Grin

Great video - good to collect all the tips in once place
    We must have been really excited about Ursa/Acuity! Thanks for spotting that, fixed it Smilie

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Any tidbits about the PCSB? Pockets like the Sidekick? I have been asking for such for years on the annual wish list Smilie.

Love the new halcyon. Looks like a nod to the former Steel - among my favorites.
    That's actually a photo of the new Halcyon, but that's not the real color: I made the photo black & white just to tease @sturbridge Smilie The actual color will be revealed late this year or early next.

I just updated the blog post to include info on the Design Lab PCSB. Pasting it below:

Design Lab Edition Packing Cube Shoulder Bag

Note: the page for the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag will be updated within the next few weeks to show the Design Lab edition bag, which features the Design Lab label, original shoulder strap attachment style, and a new type of zipper. It'll also be available in a potential new fabric: a blue 6,6 ripstop.

New colors!

NW Sky 200 Halcyon
    Solaris 200 Halcyon
    Coyote 200 Halcyon
    Sitka 200 Halcyon
    Ultraviolet 200 Halcyon
    Island 200 Halcyon
    Acuity 200 Halcyon
    Black 210d Ballistic
    Coyote 210d Ballistic
    Cobalt 6,6 210d Ripstop

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signed up for notification re PCSB.
    @Darcy , whatever color the new halcyon is, I am sure it will amazing.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any info at all about the Insigne other than the one photo?

From that photo, it reminds me a lot of the old school Eastpack/LL Bean type backpacks with a single bulging front pocket. Thatís probably largely an effect of the lash point, but... Looks more square in shape at the top though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the chances of Tom Bihn offering customers the option of choosing their own colour combinations for bags when ordering? It may mean a longer wait for the bag to be made, but is that a possibility or too hard to implement?

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loz33k View Post
    What are the chances of Tom Bihn offering customers the option of choosing their own colour combinations for bags when ordering?
    Next to nil, based on prior comments. It doesn't fit the work flow and leads to inefficiency.

Page 163 of 170 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 ... LastLast