Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 166 of 183 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2741
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chiming in to say: thanks for sharing those great Cerylon photos @Cristina

Quote Originally Posted by tangfj View Post
    Any chance of us ever seeing a co-pilot with parapack? I have and love my dyneema co-pilot for years but would love it in parapack!
    Good to know. I'll post this in the color (and fabric!) suggestions thread in our project management software.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

The far west
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For partly very selfish reasons (several of us here at TB want more!) we're thinking of offering one more production run of the Pick-Up Truck in 2021. You can sign up on the Pick-Up Truck page if you're interested Smilie

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    For partly very selfish reasons (several of us here at TB want more!) we're thinking of offering one more production run of the Pick-Up Truck in 2021. You can sign up on the Pick-Up Truck page if you're interested Smilie
    Awesome news! The cute lil Pick-Up Truck is surprisingly handy. I procrastinated about buying one until it was totally discontinued but was able to snag a returned one. It's adorable and would love to get another in a different color.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Darcy ,

I read the tweet about this on your Twitter feed a few days ago and went and signed up. (I'm including a link to the tweet so people can see the handsome Burnt Orange Pickup Truck that accompanied it.)

moriond

ETA: I also wouldn't mind if some of these were made in 630d recycled fabrics, which I'm also quite fond of.
    Last edited by moriond; 11-24-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is good news, @Darcy . I signed up. I noted that the only option is Burnt Orange. Will there be additional fabric/color options? What will they be?

I was surprised when the Pick-Up Truck was retired. I LOVE my aubergine and was hoping to get at least one, maybe 2 more.

The far west
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Awesome news! The cute lil Pick-Up Truck is surprisingly handy. I procrastinated about buying one until it was totally discontinued but was able to snag a returned one. It's adorable and would love to get another in a different color.
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I read the tweet about this on your Twitter feed a few days ago and went and signed up. (I'm including a link to the tweet so people can see the handsome Burnt Orange Pickup Truck that accompanied it.)

ETA: I also wouldn't mind if some of these were made in 630d recycled fabrics, which I'm also quite fond of.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    This is good news, @Darcy . I signed up. I noted that the only option is Burnt Orange. Will there be additional fabric/color options? What will they be?

I was surprised when the Pick-Up Truck was retired. I LOVE my aubergine and was hoping to get at least one, maybe 2 more.
    Burnt Orange is just the one placeholder color so people can sign up. I think making some in the 630d recycled fabrics is a great idea. We'll decide the colors for-sure when we get closer to making them.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post

@Walker ,

My guess is that they had to descope something when cutting back production, and they chose the Pick-Up Truck for a few reasons, including the fact that at the time there was a pretty full complement of colors (only Deep Blue was not available because of having run out of that fabric at the time of the last restock), and because of competition with production lines of the Monster Truck and Truck -- which saw more use in the stock-up trends of the Co-vid 19 era.

I also didn't think that they would drop the Yeoman Duffel so fast, but given that they were cutting down on the use of 1050d Ballistic Nylon, it seems a reasonable decision. (It also looked like something that could be brought back at a later date for a limited run, were it not for the other factors that are limiting overall production under the current framework.)

HTH

moriond

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Burnt Orange is just the one placeholder color so people can sign up. I think making some in the 630d recycled fabrics is a great idea. We'll decide the colors for-sure when we get closer to making them.
    Putting in a plug for a cerylon pick up truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think making some in the 630d recycled fabrics is a great idea. We'll decide the colors for-sure when we get closer to making them.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    Putting in a plug for a cerylon pick up truck.
    I asked for this option much earlier. The links go to my discussion about the texture of 630d in the Truck family. I actually wanted this back when the Pick-Up Truck debuted.
    If they ever do a limited run of the Pick-Up Truck in the future, I hope they will make this in Logic Blue 630d (see my recent post about this in the In Praise of the Truck Family thread, and @sturbridge ’s follow up post).
    moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Walker ,

I also didn't think that they would drop the Yeoman Duffel so fast, but given that they were cutting down on the use of 1050d Ballistic Nylon, it seems a reasonable decision. (It also looked like something that could be brought back at a later date for a limited run, were it not for the other factors that are limiting overall production under the current framework.)

HTH

moriond
    I’m sad I never got a Yeoman Duffel. My wife has a mini and loves it’s size and ease of packing certain things. That size would have been too small for me, but a small or medium would have been great as an alternative to my A45 or as an extra bag for road trips. I’ve looked around for an alternative and have not found something I like as much. They’re either less robust, loaded with more features than I want, or huge.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @autolycus , from @moriond ’s typed messages about potential “special restock” in the future on this forum to the power-that-be’s ears!

I, too, was surprised with the Yeoman’s retirement although @moriond ’s explanation makes sense. Plus, there was quite a lag of time between the announcement and the line’s “last” big restock.

I have 2 of the large Yeoman. They are my favorite check-in luggage. I only check bags when I need to pack a lot, for whatever reason.

Not too long ago, there was a small restock of the large Yeoman. They were snapped up quickly. So we can hope.

California
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Walker ,

My guess is that they had to descope something when cutting back production, and they chose the Pick-Up Truck for a few reasons, including the fact that at the time there was a pretty full complement of colors (only Deep Blue was not available because of having run out of that fabric at the time of the last restock), and because of competition with production lines of the Monster Truck and Truck -- which saw more use in the stock-up trends of the Co-vid 19 era.

HTH

moriond
    I just missed out on the last deep blue mini yeoman.

If they do bring back a run of them I really hope they do the yeoman packing cubes too. I think the size 2's fit perfectly in the Guides Pack (and hopefully the Shadow Guide). I'm also hoping for another run of the Guides Pack lead pocket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the Yeomans too! This evening I’ll be packing the small for three nights away. I also love my mini YD and luckily I was able to get one mini packing cube secondhand. I also bought the very last large black YD available! A lot bigger than I usually need for travel, but I just now it will come in handy one day.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Walker ,
    I also didn't think that they would drop the Yeoman Duffel so fast, but given that they were cutting down on the use of 1050d Ballistic Nylon, it seems a reasonable decision. (It also looked like something that could be brought back at a later date for a limited run, were it not for the other factors that are limiting overall production under the current framework.
    I had gotten into the Yeoman duffels before there was ever a hint of retirement. I find the large yeomans great for farm office use in a unique way. I have lots of paper documents and reciepts that I need to hold for 5+ years for my organic recordkeeping. I also have some need to have file boxes semi-mobile, sortable, and protected from mice in farm office. The large yeoman perfectly fit a bankers box full of files plus about a half bankers box as large organizer pouches or TB XXS box for small items. They are just perfect as I can trust them to be mouse resistant in the shop office, grab and go to wherever needed with the handles or an absolute strap, or stack up color-coded out of the way yet moveable to clean around. Beats a metal file cabinet in so many ways and not that much more expensive.

The mini's serve many purpose as they are just a sturdy small size for tools and parts in the truck. The medium is my personal least used size as it doesn't fit file box and often too big for too short of trip. The small is a nice fit for short trips or odds and ends. I did use a small yeoman as checked bag for a Europe trip this winter and I felt the check-in counter rep was judging me silently like "that's it?, did you forget something?" An only checked it for non-allowed checked item for gift taking at my first stay.

So I hope the yeomans can return. They are simply useful in many ways. I use them in daily life more than travel. I have a bunch, not 20, unless a unicorn large Aubergine appeared out of nowhere, then I would.

Fingers crossed they would use the remaining 1050d Ballistic fabric for some mini and large yeoman duffels.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black is the only 1050 Ballistic color that is a regular production color. All the other colors we love are custom made for Tom Bihn Inc.

They take a really big space in the fabric roll shelf. Right now, people are not traveling or are traveling a lot less, so they have less use for travel bags.

However, many people are homeschooling, teleworking, even have a little online business.

All that needs an enormous amount of organization and what better to have a mini classroom or factory organized with Tom Bihn items, hence the popularity of the Trucks family of TB bags.

Color coding for each child, school/work/household subject, type of material, etc... is ideal in a Truck, you gather the stuff, eye the bag and drop the things in it (no worries about a zipper or flap to open and the flat bottom insure they won't tip over), the 3 compartments make them easy to organize.

The EDC Cubelets, Cubelet and HLTs are perfect to organize small stuff and give as gifts to everyone, because who doesn't want a cute purse or small gear/writing instrument/tool organizer?

In addition, more substantial gifts in the form of TB Totes, Backpacks, Shoulder Bags with Accessories, all use a lot of Halcyon, and Lighter Weight Ballistic.

If the brand new fabric is any indication, people want more of the lighter, yet tough fabrics, which explains Darcy's "testing new fabrics" phrase in her posts.

Note that, like many, I love my Yeomans, and want more, just not in black, so when travel resume, I hope more will be produced.

Page 166 of 183 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 ... LastLast