Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 168 of 173 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2581
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gah! I am gutted. I was checking out within 3 minutes of going live and everything in my cart sold out. I've been waiting years, YEARS, for solar/solaris bags. (See my signature line) And yes, I know there is another debut this afternoon, but given the speed everything sold out, I do not hold out hope. And the shop bags have the disclaimer "*If* the Original Shop Bag sells out, we will offer another production run sometime in 2021. Colors may be different at that time." So no guarantee solaris will be included in another production run.

I am about to give up on debuts because since the ordering system has switched, I everything I've wanted has sold out before checkout. So discouraged. Congrats to everyone who was able to snag your desired items.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, I'm sorry @pammy . Maybe most Solaris lovers were lucky in the first batch and the second won't sell out that quickly? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I got the black DLPCSB I wanted and added in one in Coyote on a whim. Also got a SSB in NWS, but the SG23 sold out on me. Wouldn't have thought that these would be gone so quickly, because the SG33 is still available. I'll try for the SG again this evening.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pammy

if you don't get your shop bag this afternoon, send me a PM
    Last edited by G42; 11-30-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting to see that the Shadow Guide 33 is still in stock a good while after its debut, but the SG23 is already out of stock within minutes of release. I know there will be more this afternoon, so maybe those will stick around longer... But maybe it's an interesting piece of data on what size backpack people prefer? Or maybe it's just that more SG33 were made?

I was planning on getting an SG23 this morning, but then started waffling on whether I really needed a new backpack. I got in my order for the shop bags and Truck that I will use at least weekly (and more often once COVID is gone and I go back to grocery shopping more frequently again). I guess this is a sign that I wasn't supposed to get the SG23 today.

Minnesota - Land of 10,000 Seasons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain! I missed out on the Pick-up Truck in Aubergine, so when I saw the Truckasana in Aubergine and Sitka, I was thrilled! And like you, within between adding it to my cart and going to checkout, it was taken from me! I will try again this afternoon, but am bracing myself for extreme disappointment...Frown
    On an Epic Quest for the Perfect Bag...

One Bag to rule them all, One Bag to find them,
    One Bag to carry them all and in the aircraft bind them...

Forum Member
    Tulsa, OK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand how you feel. I was hoping for a PCSB in sitka but in the time it took to click from the product page to my cart, it had sold out. I don't know how I could have done it any more quickly. I guess it was the extra 2 seconds it took me to select the shoulder strap to go with it that slowed me down!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Gah! I am gutted. I was checking out within 3 minutes of going live and everything in my cart sold out. I've been waiting years, YEARS, for solar/solaris bags. (See my signature line) And yes, I know there is another debut this afternoon, but given the speed everything sold out, I do not hold out hope. And the shop bags have the disclaimer "*If* the Original Shop Bag sells out, we will offer another production run sometime in 2021. Colors may be different at that time." So no guarantee solaris will be included in another production run.

I am about to give up on debuts because since the ordering system has switched, I everything I've wanted has sold out before checkout. So discouraged. Congrats to everyone who was able to snag your desired items.
    Same happened to me! I got a little greedy and started to add another bag and solaris AND THE OTHER got sold out. Fingers crossed for you later!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Gah! I am gutted. I was checking out within 3 minutes of going live and everything in my cart sold out.

Same here...ugh Smirk
    Monster Truck (Nebulous Gray) Cadet (Steel /NW Sky) Yeoman Duffel Mini (Burnt Orange) Yeoman Duffel Small (Steel)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was really fast. It’s worth pointing out that it’s faster than it otherwise might be because we split the debut. I wouldn’t take this debut as an indication of how quickly things might sell out in the future — remember, we didn’t get to make as many as these bags as we normally would have. We did figure it would be better to offer what we were able to make. FWIW I don't think any version of our website ever reserved inventory in people's carts.

We’re already ordering the next production runs of the Design Lab Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Truckasana, Truck, and Monster Truck and will begin work on those this month. We’re working split shifts for safety and that, amongst other safety measures, will reduce our efficiency somewhat. Our production crew is also taking two weeks off at the end of the month around the holidays and we’re continuing to design/make cloth face masks. I realize that in some places the pandemic isn’t quite as intense as it’s getting here in the United States but here it is still very much a concern for our entire crew — everyone wants to make safety a priority and be able to contribute by making face masks that people like to wear. Given all of that, my best estimate as to when those bags will be restocked is early February - early March.

Regarding the Shadow Guide 23 — there are more of these that are in mid-process and we will be able to finish more over the coming weeks, so they will be restocked sooner than the other bags.

We goofed and didn’t change the price of the Truckasana. So, everyone ordering the Truckasana today will be getting a deal Smilie We are sorting that out right now and will change the price if/when it sells out later today.

We’re thinking about what we can offer re: the Original Shop Bags. It’s worth remembering that those bags retired for a reason — they weren’t all that popular! So, while they sold out quickly today, there were years during which they did not. As I mentioned in a blog post, they use a lot of fabric, and we don’t think we can allocate Sitka, Solaris, Coyote, or Acuity to another production run. What we are discussing is offering a special pre-order or production run of 210d Original Shop Bags in 2021 — these would be in Grass, Viridian, Dawn, Black, and Coyote.

I also want to say — thank you. We weren't sure how everything in 2020 would impact our business. Now we’re nearly to the end of the year, and with your belief in us and what we make, we are feeling pretty good about the future. We are looking forward to sharing more new stuff with all of you in 2021 Smilie
    Last edited by Darcy; 11-30-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Indiana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my birthday and I think that has contributed to my purchase success this morning. I've never had much luck on a debut day. I had my eye on some specific colors of Trucks and Truckasanas for Christmas gifts. I knew it would be a gamble but I was able to get all that I tried for. I really wanted a PCSB in Sitka but didn't want to risk my cart of Trucks. I might try to get one this afternoon and if I can't get one, I'll wait. I've also got my eye on a Sitka or Wilderness SE and am eagerly awaiting a restock. That's such a great, versatile bag for me.
    Current Carry: Swift (Verde/UV), SK (Steel/Iberian) & SSC (Sitka)

Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHesting View Post
    It's my birthday and I think that has contributed to my purchase success this morning. I've never had much luck on a debut day. I had my eye on some specific colors of Trucks and Truckasanas for Christmas gifts. I knew it would be a gamble but I was able to get all that I tried for. I really wanted a PCSB in Sitka but didn't want to risk my cart of Trucks. I might try to get one this afternoon and if I can't get one, I'll wait. I've also got my eye on a Sitka or Wilderness SE and am eagerly awaiting a restock. That's such a great, versatile bag for me.
    Happy birthday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want an original shop bag in coyote or black 210d so I'm holding out for that instead of the halcyons.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We’re thinking about what we can offer re: the Original Shop Bags. It’s worth remembering that those bags retired for a reason — they weren’t all that popular! So, while they sold out quickly today, there were years during which they did not. As I mentioned in a blog post, they use a lot of fabric, and we don’t think we can allocate Sitka, Solaris, Coyote, or Acuity to another production run. What we are discussing is offering a special pre-order for 210d Original Shop Bags in 2021 — these would be in Grass, Viridian, Dawn, Black, and Coyote.
    I don't think it is because they are not well liked or not popular, it is more because they don't wear out. Planned obsolescence is lacking and that's a good thing. It shows up in lower sales, not people not using and loving them. FOMO made me order a handful more. I would prefer to have it always available in a single common color than loading up when it may never exist.

Hoping for Cloud 525 in the next run of The Truck.

Is my mind playing tricks on me? I thought there was an Acuity PCSB in the run, and now it doesn't show up in the in production list. And above in this thread @b1gsky , a mention of PCSB was available and I don't recall seeing it available.

ETA: I missed color black in my comment on PCSB. That a black PCSB was available and I did not see it. I did see all the PCSB available, but not black color.
    Last edited by organicfarmer; 11-30-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyM View Post
    I understand how you feel. I was hoping for a PCSB in sitka but in the time it took to click from the product page to my cart, it had sold out. I don't know how I could have done it any more quickly. I guess it was the extra 2 seconds it took me to select the shoulder strap to go with it that slowed me down!
    If you are going to try this afternoon for the PCSB then add a 1" shoulder strap from the Accessories page to your shopping cart now, before the next debut time. That way when the PCSB page goes live again all you have to do is select the color, add it to your basket, and check out.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    327 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    Is my mind playing tricks on me? I thought there was an Acuity PCSB in the run, and now it doesn't show up in the in production list. And above in this thread @b1gsky , a mention of PCSB was available and I don't recall seeing it available.
    Thanks for the heads-up on that! Fixed it, Acuity is now showing Smilie
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Page 168 of 173 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast