Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 169 of 173 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2593
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortie View Post
    If you are going to try this afternoon for the PCSB then add a 1" shoulder strap from the Accessories page to your shopping cart now, before the next debut time. That way when the PCSB page goes live again all you have to do is select the color, add it to your basket, and check out.
    I would suggest one step further to order the shoulder strap now as a separate order (orders all today get combined shipping and shipping cost today per prior blog or forum post by Darcy).

Then at the debut time, can just focus on refreshing page to get your item.

Have your items loaded in wish list with credit card on file is a quicker process than ordering thought the product page IMO. Also doing the shoulder strap as a order now would allow you to have card on file. It is like a 5 seconds from "Add to cart" to "Pay Now" with all that pre-set ready.

Maybe I shouldn't list all the tricks, but we are good competition. Not that we should have to compete.

Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @organicfarmer Which do you mean? I got the Coyote Halcyon, but there was also 210d. The 210d first didn't show up as in production for the second round, but they do now.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I don't think it is because they are not well liked or not popular, it is more because they don't wear out. Planned obsolescence is lacking and that's a good thing. It shows up in lower sales, not people not using and loving them. FOMO made me order a handful more. I would prefer to have it always available in a single common color than loading up when it may never exist.
    i
    I agree with @organicfarmer . I didn't really need to purchased two SSBs today but I did because I regretted not purchasing more right before they retired (to keep as a backup in case I damage/lose the ones I already own.) The ones I currently own and use daily/weekly still look brand new.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    @organicfarmer Which do you mean? I got the Coyote Halcyon, but there was also 210d. The 210d first didn't show up as in production for the second round, but they do now.
    Items don't have to be in production to be added to your wishlist. I think it's easier and faster to order from my wishlist than from the individual product pages. For example, this morning I ordered a couple of accessories that were in stock, a couple of Small Shop Bags, and a PCSB. Before the debut time I added everything that was in stock to my cart. Then I went to my wishlist page right before the debut time and refreshed it until the SSB was listed as in stock. I added them to my cart, went back to my wishlist, and added the PCSB to my cart. Then all I had to do was checkout. Total time to do all this was a couple of minutes and I got everything I really wanted.

Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Shortie I use the same method and was more or less successfull. I had just wondered because further up in the thread there was mentioned that one of the two colors I ordered didn't show up. They obviously did, just sold out really fast.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    . I got the black DLPCSB I wanted and added in one in Coyote on a whim.
    I understood your statement that the order was DLPCSB (Design Lab Packing Cube Shoulder Bag) was in Black and then another in Coyote. Upon reading again I see that you had a previous PCSB in black. I didn't see the Design Labs version in Black, thus prompted my statement.

ETA: @b1gsky : I missed the color black in my original post. I was hoping there was a black DLPCSB available that I had not seen.
    Last edited by organicfarmer; 11-30-2020 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Missed a word in original post

Forum Member
    Virginia
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in a work meeting during the debut, so I missed almost everything, but I was happy to snag one item around 725am PST- a small solaris travel tray. I love the brightly colored travel trays especially for travel, once things get back towards more normal.

My only original solar item was a small shop bag I gifted to my mom years ago, and I had admired every time I saw her since.
    "Do one thing every day that scares you." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I understood your statement that the order was DLPCSB (Design Lab Packing Cube Shoulder Bag) was in Black and then another in Coyote. Upon reading again I see that you had a previous PCSB in black. I didn't see the Design Labs version in Black, thus prompted my statement.

ETA: @b1gsky : I missed the color black in my original post. I was hoping there was a black DLPCSB available that I had not seen.
    There was! I ordered a black 210d and a Coyote Halcyon. It’s true that I already had a black one, but I sold it because I didn’t like the new attachment points. I’m glad I now got a black with the original style attachments.

France
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thanks TB, you certainly make my decision easier not to give you more of my money. Absolutely frustrated by these relaunches which sell out immediately, and then no idea when or if ever back in stock. Let’s please have some regular stock, not “specials” just for those that are lucky. How does this encourage newcomers to become TB bag owners? Sorry but annoyed by this.

Germany
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    Well thanks TB, you certainly make my decision easier not to give you more of my money. Absolutely frustrated by these relaunches which sell out immediately, and then no idea when or if ever back in stock. Let’s please have some regular stock, not “specials” just for those that are lucky. How does this encourage newcomers to become TB bag owners? Sorry but annoyed by this.
    I get why people are frustrated, but I think a lot of things come together this year to make this feel like a bigger issue than it actually is. These are not things TB can influence and I think they did a great communication all through this chaotic year. I also think people tend to hype bags that are soon to be gone or discontinued, so if there’s a rerun interest is always a lot bigger than back when those items were part of the regular stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHesting View Post
    It's my birthday and I think that has contributed to my purchase success this morning. I've never had much luck on a debut day. I had my eye on some specific colors of Trucks and Truckasanas for Christmas gifts. I knew it would be a gamble but I was able to get all that I tried for. I really wanted a PCSB in Sitka but didn't want to risk my cart of Trucks. I might try to get one this afternoon and if I can't get one, I'll wait. I've also got my eye on a Sitka or Wilderness SE and am eagerly awaiting a restock. That's such a great, versatile bag for me.
    Happy birthday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Go forward and never lose sight of your dreams."

SE (2), SC, DLBP (2), Swift, LS, Spiff Kit, SK, SCB, MCB, LCB, LSB, SSB (2), PT, FJN (2), Pilot, BB, Synik 22, Strap Keepers, Synik 30, TT (6), TSS (lots), COW, PCSB, 3DOC (2), Smart Alec, Cubelet, Pocket Pouch, GWP and other pouches/cubes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that was a bit nerve wrecking! Especially as my computer seemed to freeze forever when the items went live. I managed to get all the bags I was after, I had to change the colour of one as Solaris sold out super quick. Luckily I could quickly change it to another colour and check out before everything sold out!

Thanks Darcy for splitting the pre-order into two, there’s no way I would’ve got anything if you hadn’t have done that.

Forum Member
    Florida, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, TB Crew, for doing an excellent job splitting the releases during the day and being so communicative about your processes.

Happy holidays to all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Gah! I've been waiting years, YEARS, for solar/solaris bags. (See my signature line) .
    I know what you mean. One of my TB reqrets is not getting more solar years ago. I was lucky and got a LSB this morning. Tried this afternoon for a small, and I'm one of those "couldn't have done it faster" but it still disappeared from my cart as I was checking out. Hope you got lucky this afternoon. It's a bummer because Darcy wa saying that they probably won't make any more Solaris shop bags because they take so much fabric.
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I set an alarm for 3:50 pm EDST. I logged in to my account and kept hitting the refresh button. The black PCSB and the deep blue Monster Truck in my Wish List remained “sold out.”

Now 4:20 pm. I suppose, I missed the opportunity to buy these two bags.

Disappointed but this is perhaps the universe telling me I do not need them. I am okay with it.

Congratulations to those of you who were able to buy what you wanted. I will enjoy your bag photos, stories and adventures with them.

Page 169 of 173 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 ... LastLast