Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 170 of 183 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2739
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K9TB View Post
    I know what you mean. One of my TB reqrets is not getting more solar years ago. I was lucky and got a LSB this morning. Tried this afternoon for a small, and I'm one of those "couldn't have done it faster" but it still disappeared from my cart as I was checking out. Hope you got lucky this afternoon. It's a bummer because Darcy wa saying that they probably won't make any more Solaris shop bags because they take so much fabric.
    Thanks for checking. Yes, I was able to get a solaris shop bag. Actually, I am still in shock because after this morningís debut, I thought that I would only ever see a solaris shop bag in pictures. Letís hope TB will rethink solaris as a limited edition color and keep it around for a while longer. But I totally feel your shopping cart pain. I am the type that would rather see that the item is sold out than to put it in my cart and find out itís gone seconds later when I am checking out. I know TB is so excellent at listening to customers and going above and beyond trying to make customers happy, but I have to say this order system is a huge bummer. Personally I like preorders because I know I will eventually get what I ordered, and I donít mind paying now and waiting months to get it since itís a sure thing.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I’m so surprised how quickly those shop bags went! I tried to pre-order this morning but made some dumb mistakes, like change bags part way through. I actually wanted a large and small one and got two smalls in my basket by accident. By the time I changed it, the Solaris was sold out!

I learned from my mistake and just bought the Solaris quickly in the second round. I went back for an Acuity but it was a small one. What does this mean? I could have prevented a lot of stress by just buying it when I had it in my basket early in the day rather than going for the large one.

Hope others got what they wanted as well!

Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs

Post deleted. Mods are welcome to remove this post from the thread.
    Last edited by Chicagoan; 12-01-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Follow me on Instagram!

@outside_chicago

@wright_in_the_midwest

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Chicagoan , I am happy that the wish list technique worked for you. It did kot work for me.

I missed the morning release (work took priority).

In the afternoon, I logged in to my account at 3:50 pm my time (12:50 pm Seattle time). Purchased shoulder straps. Went to my Wish List, purchased shoulder straps. Went back to my Wish List and kept refreshing the page. The out-of-stock on the 2 items I wanted never changed. At 1:20 pm, I gave up.

But as I wrote on an earlier response about todayís re-stock, I take this as the universe telling me I do not need the bags. So I am chilling and feeling okay about missing out.

Happy for those of you who got what you wanted. I look forward to your photos and stories of your adventures with your bags.

France
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Chicagoan , what you describe is well known - but no guarantee of success or indeed that a buyer can be available at the dedicated times. Glad it was successful for you. However it just sums up how ludicrous and frustrating this is. Pre orders would be better and fairer, if stocks cannot be ensured.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadD View Post
    @Chicagoan , what you describe is well known - but no guarantee of success or indeed that a buyer can be available at the dedicated times. Glad it was successful for you. However it just sums up how ludicrous and frustrating this is. Pre orders would be better and fairer, if stocks cannot be ensured.
    If I'm not mistaken Darcy explained that pre-orders were not doable because WA may be facing another mandatory shutdown of all non-essential businesses which would mean, I believe, they could only make masks.

So it would have caused even more frustration if folks pre-ordered something that TB had no idea when or if they would be able to deliver

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loz33k View Post
    Especially as my computer seemed to freeze forever when the items went live..
    I noticed that too. I don't have the fastest internet speed. When refreshing, it would refresh in 2 seconds. Then near the :00 debut time it took like 10 seconds to refresh. I would call it slow internet, but it happened at both exact debut times for me. So not a coincidence in my mind. I don't see how 100 orders would slow down a modern server (looking at my order numbers at each debut orders, 2 each time in first 45 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by K9TB View Post
    It's a bummer because Darcy wa saying that they probably won't make any more Solaris shop bags because they take so much fabric.
    What I don't understand is if things use too much material, why is that a problem? I would say that is an opportunity. If limited fabric runs are limited, if you run a bunch of high consumption items, you can buy more to open the window for other avenues. In farming, limited production runs for a market are a waste until you get to volume so you sell for less to make more per unit.

Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    But I totally feel your shopping cart pain. I am the type that would rather see that the item is sold out than to put it in my cart and find out itís gone seconds later when I am checking out. I know TB is so excellent at listening to customers and going above and beyond trying to make customers happy, but I have to say this order system is a huge bummer. Personally I like preorders because I know I will eventually get what I ordered, and I donít mind paying now and waiting months to get it since itís a sure thing.
    I mentioned here elsewhere. I think debut days are great, but I would like @Countron to pick the winners and losers. Give a 24 hour debut day and end of the day if oversold, @Countron decides who wins and then losers go to front of line for next production run, if there is one.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy Tom Bihn folks,

Was wondering if you all have ever considered making very simple sleeves for iPhones and other smartphones?

Just a snug-fitting lightweight sleeve without cutouts, ports, or anything fancy. Perhaps with an optional strap? Could be made with fabric and/or foam, but the idea is just a simple, lightweight, slim, thin, easy-access covering and not necessarily something that provides mega-protection.

I'd love to add such an item to my wonderful TB collection! Smilie

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gah! I am gutted. I was checking out within 3 minutes of going live and everything in my cart sold out. I've been waiting years, YEARS, for solar/solaris bags. (See my signature line) And yes, I know there is another debut this afternoon, but given the speed everything sold out, I do not hold out hope. And the shop bags have the disclaimer "*If* the Original Shop Bag sells out, we will offer another production run sometime in 2021. Colors may be different at that time." So no guarantee solaris will be included in another production run.

I am about to give up on debuts because since the ordering system has switched, I everything I've wanted has sold out before checkout. So discouraged. Congrats to everyone who was able to snag your desired items.
    I hear you, Pammy! I've been waiting years for a yellow large shop bag, and both times the solaris jumped out of my cart as I was checking out. Hoping SO hard for another chance next year!
    So many bags. And I love them all.

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happily I snagged a long-awaited pcsb in uv, lost out on small shop bag in sitka, but cíest la vie. I was hoping an aubergine monster truck would magically be added onto the roster, but I can play the waiting game on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

France
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmachats View Post
    If I'm not mistaken Darcy explained that pre-orders were not doable because WA may be facing another mandatory shutdown of all non-essential businesses which would mean, I believe, they could only make masks.

So it would have caused even more frustration if folks pre-ordered something that TB had no idea when or if they would be able to deliver
    Clearly covid constraints has applied severe limitations, and my sympathies to all businesses. But there is then a balance of what product ranges can be expected to be produced and quite reasonably, pre ordering on limited products.

Anyway enough said, my last post of my views on this subject.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
    I hear you, Pammy! I've been waiting years for a yellow large shop bag, and both times the solaris jumped out of my cart as I was checking out. Hoping SO hard for another chance next year!
    Totally agree. I am really, really hoping TB reads our pleas to keep solaris around longer. For me there's nothing more depressing than to miss the only shot at getting a desired bag/item. However, since TB is so responsive to customer requests, I would think that they would at least bring back solaris for another limited edition run and hopefully the original shop bag at the same time so those who missed out yesterday could acquire one.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    I mentioned here elsewhere. I think debut days are great, but I would like @Countron to pick the winners and losers. Give a 24 hour debut day and end of the day if oversold, @Countron decides who wins and then losers go to front of line for next production run, if there is one.
    I've thought about this and I have to say if I wasn't picked by Countron, I would feel like a double loser on debut day. But that's just me. And maybe others would favor a lottery system, but I think at that point I would give up on debut days.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree. I am really, really hoping TB reads our pleas to keep solaris around longer. For me there's nothing more depressing than to miss the only shot at getting a desired bag/item. However, since TB is so responsive to customer requests, I would think that they would at least bring back solaris for another limited edition run and hopefully the original shop bag at the same time so those who missed out yesterday could acquire one.
    They are wonderfully responsive, and Iíve no doubt theyíll do their best to make as many of us happy as they can within the current completely understandable constraints. I do hope Solaris will stick around though, as yellow is my favourite bright colour, and makes a nice cheerful counterpoint/alternative to the darker or more neutral colours. I love the large Shop Bags and use them constantly. Fingers crossed for both of us! Big Grin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So many bags. And I love them all.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought about this and I have to say if I wasn't picked by Countron, I would feel like a double loser on debut day. But that's just me. And maybe others would favor a lottery system, but I think at that point I would give up on debut days.
    I wonder if an ordering system that reserves the items in the cart for a set period of time is feasible, like they do for show tickets at some places. I don’t know if that would work well for multiple items, would there be different countdowns for each item, but if the orders were fulfilled the next day so multiple orders to the same address could go out in one package, then folks could click and buy per item without the anxiety and fear that items would disappear from carts while getting more.
    @Darcy , flagging so you see this; not asking for or expecting a comment or commitment.

Page 170 of 183 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 ... LastLast