Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171
Results 2,551 to 2,555 of 2555
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    Totally agree. I am really, really hoping TB reads our pleas to keep solaris around longer. For me there's nothing more depressing than to miss the only shot at getting a desired bag/item. However, since TB is so responsive to customer requests, I would think that they would at least bring back solaris for another limited edition run and hopefully the original shop bag at the same time so those who missed out yesterday could acquire one.
    Maybe if they bring Solaris back, and as the original shop bag, they can post on the forum to make a first offer to folks here. Or email the folks who signed up to be notified if it comes back. I understand that might be a bit of work and no guarantees that Solaris in the shop bag will come back, but maybe that would work.
    @Darcy , again thinking out-loud (and guessing smarter people than me have probably thought this too).

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hdavim View Post
    I wonder if an ordering system that reserves the items in the cart for a set period of time is feasible, like they do for show tickets at some places. I don’t know if that would work well for multiple items, would there be different countdowns for each item, but if the orders were fulfilled the next day so multiple orders to the same address could go out in one package, then folks could click and buy per item without the anxiety and fear that items would disappear from carts while getting more.
    @Darcy , flagging so you see this; not asking for or expecting a comment or commitment.
    I had asked Darcy the question whether the ordering system on new release days could revert back to having a cart where your items were safe for five minutes like in the old days. This is her response:

"I hear you @pammy and the last thing we want to do is add stress.

Our shopping cart doesn't allow us to modify the amount of time items are held in the basket. The "industry standard" is to not hold items in the basket because a lot of people add items to their basket but never checkout. That even happens during debuts. So, if we could change the cart to work that way, the bags might sell out even faster, but wouldn't actually be sold out 'cause they'd be stuck in limbo in carts; they'd appear some time later as in-stock again, and probably sell out again quickly, so it might just be a different kind of stress.

And in this case, offering these bags as pre-orders wouldn't help: the number of bags we're sewing right now are the production quantity that we currently have the capacity to make. So, whether they're already made bags or pre-order bags, they'd sell out (or not) at the same speed. We don't typically offer pre-orders around the holidays given the importance of receive bags in a timely way. We're still making both masks and bags, so that factors in here, as does our various safety measures (which of course come first but can reduce efficiency.) We do hope to offer pre-orders again next year!

The good news is that we'll be able to make additional production runs of all of these bags in early-mid 2021. *Maybe* as pre-orders, depending on the state of things. So, even if they do sell out, there will be another chance to order them."

So, unfortunately, that's not possible, which is a bummer. Honestly, I don't see a good solution to the new release day ordering dilemma. I wish there were.

But another thing to note is obviously things change quickly over at TB, because Darcy said in her response that even if things sell out, there will be another chance to order them. And it's true that there will be another run of original shop bags; however, not in the limited edition colors. That was another disappointment to learn about yesterday. But with most things in this covid world, I guess we need to get used to changes that are not always to our liking or preference. And to their credit, TB is doing the best that they can do under the circumstances, for which I am truly grateful.
    Last edited by pammy; Yesterday at 05:07 PM.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    I had asked Darcy the question whether the ordering system on new release days could revert back to having a cart where your items were safe for five minutes like in the old days. This is her response:

"I hear you @pammy and the last thing we want to do is add stress.

Our shopping cart doesn't allow us to modify the amount of time items are held in the basket. The "industry standard" is to not hold items in the basket because a lot of people add items to their basket but never checkout. That even happens during debuts. So, if we could change the cart to work that way, the bags might sell out even faster, but wouldn't actually be sold out 'cause they'd be stuck in limbo in carts; they'd appear some time later as in-stock again, and probably sell out again quickly, so it might just be a different kind of stress.

And in this case, offering these bags as pre-orders wouldn't help: the number of bags we're sewing right now are the production quantity that we currently have the capacity to make. So, whether they're already made bags or pre-order bags, they'd sell out (or not) at the same speed. We don't typically offer pre-orders around the holidays given the importance of receive bags in a timely way. We're still making both masks and bags, so that factors in here, as does our various safety measures (which of course come first but can reduce efficiency.) We do hope to offer pre-orders again next year!

The good news is that we'll be able to make additional production runs of all of these bags in early-mid 2021. *Maybe* as pre-orders, depending on the state of things. So, even if they do sell out, there will be another chance to order them."

So, unfortunately, that's not possible, which is a bummer. Honestly, I don't see a good solution to the new release day ordering dilemma. I wish there were.

But another thing to note is obviously things change quickly over at TB, because Darcy said in her response that even if things sell out, there will be another chance to order them. And it's true that there will be another run of original shop bags; however, not in the limited edition colors. That was another disappointment to learn about yesterday. But with most things in this covid world, I guess we need to get used to changes that are not always to our liking or preference. And to their credit, TB is doing the best that they can do under the circumstances, for which I am truly grateful.
    Ugh, this sounds like TB is trying to make the best of the crummy state of ecommerce. We see the same problem with things like concert tickets, gaming consoles or basically anything that is released with a limited supply. There are groups that will go in, scoop these items up, and then flip them online for a profit. It's frustrating and will only get worse.

On the one hand I'm happy for TB and I want the company to continue to be successful, but I worry this problem will grow with its popularity. One hope is that the volume is low enough and the market is niche enough that it's not worth the flippers' time.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradBot View Post
    Ugh, this sounds like TB is trying to make the best of the crummy state of ecommerce. We see the same problem with things like concert tickets, gaming consoles or basically anything that is released with a limited supply. There are groups that will go in, scoop these items up, and then flip them online for a profit. It's frustrating and will only get worse.

On the one hand I'm happy for TB and I want the company to continue to be successful, but I worry this problem will grow with its popularity. One hope is that the volume is low enough and the market is niche enough that it's not worth the flippers' time.
    @BradBot , I hear you and feel your frustration. I fear there will always be flippers who purchase with the intent to sell at a profit. And I share your concern that this will continue to grow. With TB items, the only way to stop that is to create more inventory, bring back retired/rare items or colors, etc., and thatís just not feasible for a small company like Tom Bihn. I am hoping that the limited edition halcyon colors will stick around longer so there can be a few production runs of bags, thus limiting the frenzy of thinking itís the one and only shot at getting an item.
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

California
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind that if the cart held your items once you added them, you'd still have the problem of first-come-first-serve when it came to adding them to your cart. So the people with faster computers and faster internet still win.

There isn't a great solution until they are allowed to make bags at normal capacity again. They're doing the best they can and I appreciate the fact that they're communicating their pain points and being open with us and trying new approaches.

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171