Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 174 of 183 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2741
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    @Darcy Any chance of some Tidal pics here for those of us who aren't on FB? Smilie
    Here's a quick outdoor photo. Photos of all the new colors (and the Paragons!) will be posted Monday/Tuesday Smilie We'll also be announcing the date the pre-order opens around then, too.

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-tidal-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think thatís a pretty accurate color representation of Tidal. And, BTW, I was wondering whether anyone is thinking of that for the regular Paragon (used to be Insigne) color combination. I still think that Itís more difficult to render 200d Taiga accurately. I liked one of the descriptions (lichen) for this color.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy -- do you expect the regular Truck to be in the next pre-order opportunity?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Cerylon sticking around? I don't see anything upcoming beyond more PCSBs in the preorder.

Those who already have the PCSB in Cerylon, what do you think? How does it differ from Halcyon?

California
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
    Is Cerylon sticking around? I don't see anything upcoming beyond more PCSBs in the preorder.

Those who already have the PCSB in Cerylon, what do you think? How does it differ from Halcyon?
    I haven't taken mine out yet so I can't comment on the fabric specifically, but the cobalt color is amazing! It's like a darker island with some black sand mixed in.

Volunteer Moderator
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi @Fluff ,

Here are some comments I made comparing Cerylon to different TB fabrics, along with some photos. The short answer is, it feels similar to 400d Halcyon but perhaps a little stiffer, though the newness of the fabric may have something to do with this. I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Iíll have to put a caveat here to say that new unused bags will maybe be a bit stiffer than well-used ones, but I would say that the Cerylon seems stiffer than the 210 ballistic but perhaps not thicker. To me the Cerylon seems more crinkly, if that makes sense, whereas the 210 is slightly more supple.

I poked my finger in the bag and then photographed it empty:

The Cerylon feels slightly thinner than 400 Halcyon but at least as stiff. I poked my finger in the Nordic Halcyon (which is several years old) and then photographed it empty and the peak fell down a bit more (though there was more weight on a bigger piece of fabric, so it isnít exactly a like-for-like test):

I never thought that Island was a greenish blue looking at it on its own, but next to Nordic, Cobalt and Island look very slightly teal because Nordic is nearly an indigo-like color (TB once had an Indigo I think but that predates me).

Here is the Cerylon on top, the Nordic on the right and the Island on the bottom left.

Here is Cobalt underneath an Island Travel Tray and an Island Ghost Whale. Theyíre practically the same.

Overall I would say Island-lovers and Halcyon-lovers will really like Cobalt Cerylon.

The far west
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLB View Post
    @Darcy -- do you expect the regular Truck to be in the next pre-order opportunity?
    Yes, definitely.

That is still undecided Smilie

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooooh, Tidal is nice! Another gesture for the cool-tone-loving crowd.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post

That is still undecided Smilie
    @Darcy , what is unique about Cerylon? What problem does it solve?

Omaha, NE
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @organicfarmer I'm not Darcy but I for one love the option of a Halcyon fabric with a more subtle grid. I don't mind the white grid for interiors but as an exterior fabric it looks too busy and jarring.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Paragon photos are up! What a cooling looking bag. I love the GE edition in Wilderness, but I also love the halcyon ones too. That Taiga looks sharp. Itís Sophieís choice which one to order. I might need a couple so I can compare the virtues of the different types of fabric.

Are the prices coming soon?
    Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Spring Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

The far west
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    @Darcy , what is unique about Cerylon? What problem does it solve?
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
    @organicfarmer I'm not Darcy but I for one love the option of a Halcyon fabric with a more subtle grid. I don't mind the white grid for interiors but as an exterior fabric it looks too busy and jarring.
    No problem, really: just an option for those who would prefer a lining with a more subtle grid, as @Surrealle put it. However, Cerylon is really more of a lining fabric as opposed to an exterior fabric. We're offering it in the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag because it's a lightweight packing cube that can also be used as a shoulder bag.

Quote Originally Posted by pammy View Post
    The Paragon photos are up! What a cooling looking bag. I love the GE edition in Wilderness, but I also love the halcyon ones too. That Taiga looks sharp. It’s Sophie’s choice which one to order. I might need a couple so I can compare the virtues of the different types of fabric.

Are the prices coming soon?
    Just posted the final prices! And we'll be adding more in-use photos of the Paragon this week Smilie

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see more Tidal and Taiga photos and options in the product pages - its easiest if you search Tidal or Taiga

Smilie

just wanna say.... CUBELETS!!!! Everyday/Travel and their smaller siblings....
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I see more Tidal and Taiga photos and options in the product pages - its easiest if you search Tidal or Taiga
    Smilie
    just wanna say.... CUBELETS!!!! Everyday/Travel and their smaller siblings....
    Thank you for pointing them out...I had missed them!!

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my heart set on aubergine guides edition paragon...until I saw that taiga combo in the regular paragon! Its sooo adorable! Decisions, decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Page 174 of 183 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast