Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 175 of 183 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2741
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are taking some photos and eating some subs today. Any requests for particular photos of the Guide's Edition Paragon?

Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-guides-edition-jpg
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great! Thanks for posting @Darcy

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We are taking some photos and eating some subs today. Any requests for particular photos of the Guide's Edition Paragon?

Wow, love the colors in that pic, great!
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you show/tell us how deep the interior zipped pocket goes? And does the laptop compartment go all the way to the bottom of the bag?

Alabama
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many rolls of tp can fit in? And how many beers? Lol, j/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think that’s a pretty accurate color representation of Tidal. And, BTW, I was wondering whether anyone is thinking of that for the regular Paragon (used to be Insigne) color combination. I still think that It’s more difficult to render 200d Taiga accurately. I liked one of the descriptions (lichen) for this color.
    How would you compare Tidal to Acuity as well as Island.

I find Island to be muted in contrast to Nordic and Original as well as Sapphire Clear and Bright hues, much like jewels.

Could Taiga be described as a lighter Ursa, a cross between Coyote and Wasabi, it looks like it has a warm green undertone.

Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy I read on Facebook that there will be two other reissued designs coming soon, a hip pack and a small backpack? Any more infos on that?

I would also like to know if there will be more bags made with Tidal in the future, or if you have limited quantity. I really like what I’ve seen of the color so far. Would be great if it would stick around for a while!

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that we have the Paragon, what are the plans for the Daylight backpack? I've noticed it's been "in production" for quite a few months now, is it actually being retired?
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    How would you compare Tidal to Acuity as well as Island.

I find Island to be muted in contrast to Nordic and Original as well as Sapphire Clear and Bright hues, much like jewels.

Could Taiga be described as a lighter Ursa, a cross between Coyote and Wasabi, it looks like it has a warm green undertone.
    When I look at my fabric swatches, I put Tidal in the same family as NWSky and Acuity. Even though Acuity is lighter/brighter/clearer, it has the same undertones/coolness (sorry, I don't have the accurate colour language on hue/tint/tone/shade). All three are very complementary to my eyes. The new Cobalt cerylon is a cousin with new Nordic halcyon and Indigo Cordura being still obviously blue but more distant relatives - based on what I perceive as the purple undertones.

For the two new Taigas, when placed next to Coyote halcyon, it makes the Coyote look more brown to me and the two Taigas more khaki/greenish undertones. When I place the Taiga next to Olive or Verde, they seem more brown.
    The different in black vs white grid on the Taigas makes a huge difference too of course.

Sunshine, artificial light, dim light, contract with black trim, etc. all impact how they look.

Hope that adds more flavor to your considerations...

Besides asking for swatches, if anyone is really on the fence, I'd consider getting Cubelets (once they're available) to have the fabrics in a bit of a bigger size to contemplate.
    Last edited by G42; 01-31-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Germany
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    Now that we have the Paragon, what are the plans for the Daylight backpack? I've noticed it's been "in production" for quite a few months now, is it actually being retired?
    I hope not! I also don’t really see the Paragon as a replacement for the Daylight backpack - the DLBP is packable, the Paragon isn’t.

The far west
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gsky View Post
    @Darcy I read on Facebook that there will be two other reissued designs coming soon, a hip pack and a small backpack? Any more infos on that?

I would also like to know if there will be more bags made with Tidal in the future, or if you have limited quantity. I really like what I’ve seen of the color so far. Would be great if it would stick around for a while!
    Good questions. We also mentioned the reissues of the hip pack and small backpack in the newsletter that we just sent out (did everyone get it?! I hope so!)

The hip pack is a reissue of Tom's original Le Grande Derrière design. The hip belt tucks away and there are attachment points for a shoulder strap. I am definitely getting one of these for myself: I'd wear it hiking in waist-pack mode and cross-body with a shoulder strap out-and-about in the city. There's an element of the design that will remind you of the Cafe bags.

The small backpack is getting close to done. I think people who wanted a Sprout sized for adults will really love this pack. This is another one I am excited to get. It's a super cute lightweight little pack perfect for all of the urban walking I've been doing lately. So that it can be worn high on the back or low on the back, it has a new style of simple shoulder straps (thinking of you on that point!)

Tidal is limited edition. Because it's new, we have more of it than Acuity, Sitka, or Solaris. How much we have left to offer additional bags or pre-orders in Tidal depends on how many people buy Tidal bags in the February pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirata44 View Post
    The Daylight isn't going anywhere! We're planning to make a small run of about four colors in an effort to get it stocked sooner rather than later.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy I just got the latest newsletter. I didn’t see anything about the hip pack, small backpack or the essay on the halcyon grid not lining up. Is there a link for this embedded in the newsletter that I am missing? Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hip pack is a reissue of Tom's original Le Grande Derrière design. The hip belt tucks away and there are attachment points for a shoulder strap. I am definitely getting one of these for myself: I'd wear it hiking in waist-pack mode and cross-body with a shoulder strap out-and-about in the city. There's an element of the design that will remind you of the Cafe bags.
    I rec'd my email newsletter - good stuff!

Is this similar to the original Side Effect with the built in/tuck away waist strap? I've picked up two of those in the past couple of years from kind Ravelry folks - they're great for what you say and I use them all the time for walks during these pandemic social distancing times since I'm now carrying extra masks, hand sanitizer, etc.
    Would they come in halcyons too or only ballistics?

And a public plug/plead for Tidal in the next run of Original Small Shop Bags
    Smilie
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

The far west
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasidesprings View Post
    @Darcy I just got the latest newsletter. I didn’t see anything about the hip pack, small backpack or the essay on the halcyon grid not lining up. Is there a link for this embedded in the newsletter that I am missing? Thanks!
    Yay! There was just this brief little mention in the section introducing the Paragon: (There’s a couple of other simple designs from the 70’s/80’s/90’s that we’ll be reissuing this year: stay tuned…)

We're saving the essay on the Halcyon not lining up for the next newsletter... which will be sent on 2/3 to remind folks that the pre-order is open. This newsletter was already plenty long, and the essay is interesting enough that we hope it'll make up for the fact that we've sent two emails out in less than four days Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I rec'd my email newsletter - good stuff!

Is this similar to the original Side Effect with the built in/tuck away waist strap? I've picked up two of those in the past couple of years from kind Ravelry folks - they're great for what you say and I use them all the time for walks during these pandemic social distancing times since I'm now carrying extra masks, hand sanitizer, etc.
    Would they come in halcyons too or only ballistics?

And a public plug/plead for Tidal in the next run of Original Small Shop Bags
    Smilie
    Yes, similar to that version of the Side Effect. Good question re: which fabrics the LGD will be offered in. We're still deciding that. It's about as big as a waist pack can get!

Noted re: Tidal. We'll have to see how much Halcyon we're using for the February pre-order. There's been really, really long delays at the port, so it's taking us close to a month longer than usual to receive materials even once they're here in Seattle. That's all to say... the Shop Bags use a lot of fabric, and we definitely don't want to run out of Halcyon, so we'll be playing that by ear.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @Darcy
    A couple of quick questions:

1. Is there any chance of the sling bag that's been in the works making into a release sometime in 2021? It's a bag type that I really like, and I haven't found one that quite fits what I'm looking for, so that's why I've been so curious about what you folks have been working on.

2. Are there any plans to release a GE S25 this year? I've been interested in adding a S25 to my collection, and absolutely love the Wilderness/Coyote combo.

And many kudos to all you fine folks out there switching to a more nimble production approach with the Design Lab products. It's exciting seeing all the new fun stuff you have in store for us!

I hope everyone out there is safe, healthy, and happy!
    Cheers!

Page 175 of 183 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast