Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182
Results 2,716 to 2,728 of 2728
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    The far west
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Is there any possibility of bringing back the Tri-Star packing cube backpack, and the Tri-Star packing cubes? I'm interested in buying a Tri-Star to supplement my Aeronaut 45. I'm finding my SuperEgo not fitting the bill lately. Also, Is there a Brain Cell big enough to hold my LG Gram 17"?
    Good questions. I'll ask @MikeV to respond here on Monday... part of his job is to order bags, so he'll have the latest details on that. We can take a look in the warehouse and see if there's perhaps one or two Tri-Star Packing Cube Backpacks left.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    LCB requests (including color requests!) noted Smilie

The material you're describing is 1000d Cordura -- that slightly fuzzy, rough texture is what helps it hide minor cosmetic abrasion and gives it a more natural, canvas-like aesthetic. On the other hand, that texture is also what attracts pet hair and lint. It can also sometimes abrade some clothing (IMHO it's fine with a hearty and thick wool sweater; I wouldn't wear it with a thinner wool base layer). If we bring back the LCB for another run, we'll be offering it in multiple fabric options, not just Cordura!

That folded over part is so you can remove the buckle yourself. We use very high quality buckles, but that lower buckle -- especially if exposed to extreme cold, and then warmed up quickly -- can sometimes break. As long as it's removable, we can simply mail you a new one if/when that happens Smilie
    Ohhh, thanks for the background information. I did notice one of the pullovers I used to wear while carrying my LCB did seem to get worn a little on the side. Never put 2 and 2 together about my bag's fabric maybe abrading it over the years. More reason for me to get one of the newer fabrics then haha.

Also, that's really forward-thinking about the buckle. I'll have to check out my LCB and see if it has that since I've never noticed it.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Will the Synapse 19 be offered in Taiga?

Forum Member
    North East, USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Good questions. I'll ask @MikeV to respond here on Monday... part of his job is to order bags, so he'll have the latest details on that. We can take a look in the warehouse and see if there's perhaps one or two Tri-Star Packing Cube Backpacks left.
    Thanks Darcy. Looking forward to a response.
    Using a: Super Ego (Black, Steel, Wasabi) with seat belt strip (Wasabi), and alternate reflective Strip. Black BrainCell, Wasabi Snake Charmer, Cork Small Organizer Pouch, and Olive green medium organizer pouch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @MikeL - we do have a couple Packing Cube Backpacks for the Tri-Star on hand- two colors available: Dawn 210 and Island 210. Send us a note to emailus@tombihn.com and we'll get that set up for you. And you probably saw that we do have Tri-Star Packing Cubes on the site in Small and Medium. It will likely be some time before we're able to work the Large into production but the Small and Medium can sit next to each other in the larger pockets of the Tri-Star just fine. I hope that helps!

Germany
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy Saw in the other thread that there will be a Black/Tidal S25, which sounds like a lovely combination! How about a Black/Tidal LCB with the blackout label? I know it's a halcyon lining in a ballistic Café bag, but it would look awesome. Just a suggestion...Wink
    Last edited by b1gsky; 02-23-2021 at 01:10 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy

Tidal (formerly Acuity)?

Isn't Tidal a different color than Acuity?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    @Darcy

Tidal (formerly Acuity)?

Isn't Tidal a different color than Acuity?
    Tidal and Acuity are definitely different colours.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Darcy any eta on restocks of travel stuff sacks? Any plans to offer them in the new halcyon colours? Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tessa.vanz View Post
    @Darcy any eta on restocks of travel stuff sacks? Any plans to offer them in the new halcyon colours? Thanks!
    Hi @tessa.vanz ,

Hopefully @Darcy can respond about restocks, but the Travel Stuff Sacks were made in Solaris, Acuity, Coyote, and Sitka Halcyon, and went on sale in July, 2020 as mentioned in the Many bags about to restocked (some as soon as next week!ô blog post dated 22 JUNE 2020. (My records show that I purchased some of these on July 21, 2020). They were also remade as part of the November 30, 2020 restock, described in the 2020 Holiday Stock Updates & Schedule blog post, but a lot of these items quickly sold out in the limited edition Halcyon colors. You can still see a few items like a size #3 Travel Stuff Sack in Coyote Halcyon. They haven’t made these accessories in colors like Taiga and Tidal Halcyon yet; these were only announced in the recent (February 1, 2021) blog post, New limited edition Halcyon colors: Taiga and Tidal.

Of course, you can always contact Customer Support, or post a question in the forums, but a good way to keep updated if you are not a frequent visitor to the forums is to sign up for the Newsletter

HTH

moriond

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @moroiond thanks! I’m signed up for the newsletter but had been busy with the current circumstances and only recently resumed reading it so I missed stuff! Just trying to decide if I should wait out on ordering a TSS (would love one in Tidal) or throw in a UV with my order on the 26th.

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @tessa.vanz ,
    Read the January 31, 2021 blog post titled Our biggest pre-order ever under the section What’s likely to sell out
    Our December release sold out in about 15 minutes — since then, we’ve been working on various strategies in an effort to keep the ordering window open longer. The fact that our February release is a pre-order will help — you get to order your first color choice and we get to build to order. If there is a bag that “sells out” too quick, and if we have the fabric to make it, we’ll offer a second pre-order with a farther-out ship date.

The exception to that are any bags offered in our limited edition Halcyon colors — Acuity, Solaris, Sitka, and possibly Taiga and Tidal — and Cerylon fabric. When bags in those colors those sell out, we’ll be out of the fabric and won’t be able to make more.

We’ve reserved most of the limited edition Acuity, Sitka, and Solaris so that we can make additional production runs of the Side Effect and Packing Cube Shoulder Bag; when those sell out, they’re sold out.
    The preorder was designed to allow people a wide window for ordering items in the limited edition materials. When that closed they modified the product pages to remove the combinations with the limited edition Halcyon colors. You’re not going to see any updates with those colors until they’ve finished making the preorders (late April/May), and can estimate how to use the remaining available material.

The blog post about the February 26 restock states “…and, as some of you know, we may be facing a Halcyon shortage this summer due to supplier-side issues and long waits at the port.” So take these points under advisement.

HTH

moriond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    You’re not going to see any updates with those colors until they’ve finished making the preorders (late April/May), and can estimate how to use the remaining available material.
    I thought the same, but now I see Solaris Travel Trays in production, so my whole world is upside down. GET HYPE!
    Solaris ALL THE THINGS!

Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182