Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meglet View Post
    Shoot, now I have a hard choice to make . . . . do I snap up a Black/Aubergine/Wasabi Smart Alec when the magical re-stock occurs, or do I hold out for "fall" and hope the next round comes out with a new interior color? Because I really, really am not a fan of Wasabi. . . . . .
    Order now. Don't use it, and if something else comes out, return /exchange. Then you're covered.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    Order now. Don't use it, and if something else comes out, return /exchange. Then you're covered.
    We would discourage this. Though not against the rules (if this did start to happen often we might need to create a new rule about it, though) and we can understand why it was suggested, doing this can prevent other people from being able to get the bag they really want and end up in a bag being sent back here that we cannot offer to anyone else. Plus, our return window is 60 days, and it's very likely a new color wouldn't come out by then.

Meglet: are you looking for a Smart Alec with an Aubergine exterior but a not-Wasabi interior? There's no plans to make a new Aubergine Smart Alec color combination, but we can take this as a vote for one.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot, now I have a hard choice to make . . . . do I snap up a Black/Aubergine/Wasabi Smart Alec when the magical re-stock occurs, or do I hold out for "fall" and hope the next round comes out with a new interior color? Because I really, really am not a fan of Wasabi. . . . . .
    How badly do you need the bag right now? I'm not a fan of Wasabi either. I'm on the lookout for a dyneema Smart Alec with Iberian or another new interior (my husband who doesn't think these bags are that great will not relinquish his Steel Dyneema SA). But, I'm not in a rush.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I try to convince myself I will love something even if it's not quite right, and then I end up rehoming it. I really wanted a Plum FJN, but Plum was not available in the restock, so I got a Red Blend. I never used it.

But the universe can end up surprising you. One day the Plum I wanted popped up on Ravelry, so I rehomed the RB. And wouldn't you know, I immediately started using the FJN. it really does have to be love, for me.

Or, alternately, I ordered the Azure SCB, but when it arrived it was too green for my taste. I kept it almost till the deadline, then returned it. Afterwards, I felt much lighter. And then, this summer we had the debut of Island and Zest. I didn't even know these would be options when I returned Azure - but I am much happier with those colors!!

(That said, I have an AuberSabi SA. I don't love Wasabi, but I don't hate it. So I'm good with that intermediate level. )

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubergine SAs are back! Not on the website yet, but I just called.

I am also not a fan of wasabi, but my love of Aubergine is such that I am able to overcome those feelings. I add my vote to the idea of not-wasabi linings to Aubergine bags!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just updated/edited the first post to add the new Swift colors that are up on the web.
    Current Carry: The Hero's Journey, Skookum Dog Citizen Canine, Founder's Briefcase, Synapse 19 (day hikes), Guide's Pack (longer day hikes), Yeoman Duffel (winter/emergency stuff for the car), Aeronaut 30 (travel), Night Flight Travel Duffel (camera bag), Moveable Feast + Shop Bags (food)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Just updated/edited the first post to add the new Swift colors that are up on the web.
    Oh, and the Swift is now shown with pictures in the new style, nice!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post

This really isn't good for anyone, especially when dealing with a small business like TB. Much better to just go ahead and decide now if it's worth the risk or if I can live with Wasabi.

Meglet: are you looking for a Smart Alec with an Aubergine exterior but a not-Wasabi interior? There's no plans to make a new Aubergine Smart Alec color combination, but we can take this as a vote for one.
    Yes, I'm looking for a Black/Aubergine/not-Wasabi combo. I am just. . . not a fan of Wasabi. Or any greens long-term, really. Definitely take this as a vote for a non-Wasabi interior on Aubergine, it would look great with NW Sky (or the very classic Steel) or Zest (that A30, WOW!) and I think someone also mentioned Island.
    Rambling On. . . . .

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This really isn't good for anyone, especially when dealing with a small business like TB. Much better to just go ahead and decide now if it's worth the risk or if I can live with Wasabi.

Yes, I'm looking for a Black/Aubergine/not-Wasabi combo. I am just. . . not a fan of Wasabi. Or any greens long-term, really. Definitely take this as a vote for a non-Wasabi interior on Aubergine, it would look great with NW Sky (or the very classic Steel) or Zest (that A30, WOW!) and I think someone also mentioned Island.
    For the record I understand and agree with Darcy. My intent, poorly worded, was for Meglet to order now if she likes aubergine. Many people hold out, hoping for something else, and recently people held out and lost out. While I said perhaps return later, my intent wasn't to screw with TB.

I've often seen people order something because they like the external color but don't like the lining. And, they find they can live with the lining after all. They mostly see the external color anyway.

I apologize if anyone was disturbed by my suggestion.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the first time ever, I waited on a purchase and instead of a missed opportunity, a new combo popped up! Coyote/steel, you are my swift hero!
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no plans to make a new Aubergine Smart Alec color combination, but we can take this as a vote for one.
    I don't particularly have plans to buy a SA but if you made just about anything A30 or smaller in Aubergine/Steel (or UV) I'd probably buy it simply to show my support for the color combo. And if anyone on the TB Crew is accepting bribes, I'd give a whole lot (cases of cookie butter? NYC bagels? boxes of fancy chocolates?)for an Aubergine/Aubergine/Steel Swift...just sayin'
    Self-declared Captain of Team AUBERSKY

Hoping for a return of Hunter and Sage...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

we can take this as a vote for one.
    May I please put in a vote for something else: a dyneema PU - unless the bag's construction does not lend it to dyneema (I may be unaware of any such forum conversation on this point).

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Darcy if you "collect" votes on SAs in Aubergine with another interior color... I am searching for a reason to buy one with the new zipper style. A new color-combo is all the enabaling I need ;-)

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Oh Darcy if you "collect" votes on SAs in Aubergine with another interior color... I am searching for a reason to buy one with the new zipper style. A new color-combo is all the enabaling I need ;-)

Ilkyway
    +1 Bag ban be damned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I'm still kind of new to the forum, but I had no idea this was a thing:
    Discussion of New Colors, New Designs-image-jpg

And yes, I have it set to instant notifications sent to my email. If it does what I hope it does, it'll look a little less shameful checking my email at work.
    Carpe Diem, before someone in a time machine traps you in a time loop, forces you in a paradox, alters your timeline, or unintentionally erases your existence.

Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast